Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Biggest heavy woollen derby

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

Since 2005 at widnes!! Hopefully we can turn up and play for the full 80 minutes this week and show some pride which is still hurting from easter..

#2 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

After Sundays shocker which meant far more than this match, i doubt this bunch have the required pride to win Sundays Derby. I have been wrong before but a Batley win would really surprise me. And that is after the RFL have delivered the punishment on the D/R  fiasco.

#3 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

I don't think we have the ability to beat anyone at the moment the fights over if we ever had any.

#4 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

We will look a right set of wallies in pink getting booted towards the abyss by the old enemy.

If we had Black fit we may have had a glimmer of hope, but we arent good enough - if we didnt have Miles Greenwood or Alex Brown doubt we'd ever score.

Hope im wrong but can only see another defeat and it could be a real heart breaker if Haven win too.

Edited by buford t justice, 11 August 2014 - 06:34 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#5 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

We are back to the two try maximum that we had the last time Black was injured.

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

We've been pretty poor away from home this year, have a string of injuries and might just lack the motivation thyat your lot should have so I reckon that the result is very much in doubt. We still have a mathematical chance of going down unless you lose points on Thursday, which might make some of our lads a bit complacent.

I wouldn't put money on you winning but wouldn't bet against it either - a close call. Chins up and believe!

On the other hand i do hope that I'm wrong but I can see the possibility of fewer than 1000 going to this match. If that were to happen then it wouldn't auger well for the future.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

We've been pretty poor away from home this year, have a string of injuries and might just lack the motivation thyat your lot should have so I reckon that the result is very much in doubt. We still have a mathematical chance of going down unless you lose points on Thursday, which might make some of our lads a bit complacent.

I wouldn't put money on you winning but wouldn't bet against it either - a close call. Chins up and believe!

On the other hand i do hope that I'm wrong but I can see the possibility of fewer than 1000 going to this match. If that were to happen then it wouldn't auger well for the future.

Got to agree about the crowd - we have been losing fans hand over fist this season and a lot probably wont go as we all know whats coming our way!

#8 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

hwderby.jpg

#9 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

bulldog2.jpg

caeser.jpg

;)

#10 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:33 PM

We will look a right set of wallies in pink getting booted towards the abyss by the old enemy.

If we had Black fit we may have had a glimmer of hope, but we arent good enough - if we didnt have Miles Greenwood or Alex Brown doubt we'd ever score.

Hope im wrong but can only see another defeat and it could be a real heart breaker if Haven win too.

Nobodies going to look like wallies when its for a cause like that mate.

#11 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

Yeah we won't be taking the Michael over the kit, good cause lads! have abit if belief, you never know

#12 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

bulldog2.jpg

caeser.jpg

;)

Very inventive Tom enjoy the moment  bulldogs usually bite back maybe not Sunday but it will happen. We have been top dogs( forgive the pun) for a long time 10 yrs and more . It must feel strange after your yrs of relegation and administration as i have said enjoy it we will be back !.

#13 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:14 AM

Nobodies going to look like wallies when its for a cause like that mate.

Not saying its not a good cause, it really is.

Unfortunately what should be a really positive fundraiser will be tinged with a low attendance and us possibly being relegated bar a mathematical miracle.

And you'll know what i mean by wallies if we play like we did in the second half at Whitehaven, we will just happen to be in pink as opposed to our usual colours.

#14 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:40 AM

Administration we've never been in administration don't make me laugh for gods sake lol.

#15 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

Your supporting a great chrarity
and nobody will mock your efforts
in pink

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

For the record our team many moons ago had a pink team bus.That was a bonus point to the opposition straight away.AND i know we didnt have bp in those days but you get the gest.

#18 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

Administration we've never been in administration don't make me laugh for gods sake lol.

Of course we have , before mark sawyer and andrew farrow bought the club out of administration after the mcdermott years . I was there the day mark did the deal in manchester to thwart another interested party .

#19 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

As a Dewsbury supporter I aren't confident about us winning this game at all. (Some would say I aren't confident going into any game though!).

Yes, Batley are struggling for players, but Dewsbury haven't got a lot of their players either. Lots of injuries and we are playing with nearly our last 17 players.

Another factor is how we play the slope at Batley. It is very rare that we play the slope well and rarely have a kicking game, which is needed on a pitch like that.

Look at the way that Harrison had Batley playing the slope, they were nearly unbeatable at home with the superb kicking game. If we don't kick well we will lose.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#20 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

How Come EDDIE_ROMBO is barred from the Batley forums?

I would like to hear his considered opinion on this potential relegation decider.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users