- - - - -

Biggest heavy woollen derby

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

"In the last five years Batley haven't really had to think about relegation, they've had quite a bit of success and they've probably rubbed it in our faces a bit! So it's about time we got a bit of joy of our own"

Read part one of Oliver Roby's exclusive interview with Rams winger Austin Buchanan. #hwderby #UTR

Heavy Woollen Derby "like a Grand Final" - Buchanan: http://www.dewsburyr...le.php?id=13195

#42 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

"In the last five years Batley haven't really had to think about relegation, they've had quite a bit of success and they've probably rubbed it in our faces a bit! So it's about time we got a bit of joy of our own"

Read part one of Oliver Roby's exclusive interview with Rams winger Austin Buchanan. #hwderby #UTR

Heavy Woollen Derby "like a Grand Final" - Buchanan: http://www.dewsburyr...le.php?id=13195

Well that should provide some scant motivation for our players, but judging my Sunday's debacle I'm not holding out any hope.
Incidentally, does anyone know if Jordan Grayston is able to turn out on Sunday against his former club? It's been extremely disappointing that he hasn't featured so far. Obviously Jacob Fairbank is ineligible, but does anyone have a clue as to why Jordan hasn't played yet - especially when we so desperately need some fresh legs and pace in the threequarters? Can't see why a club would go to the trouble of bringing in a player on deadline day and then ignoring him?

Edited by TheTerminator, 13 August 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Unfortunately Terminator there are more questions and less and less answers coming through at the moment!

Probably the worst series of mess ups and unfortunate events in the Club's recent history over the past season, when we would expect some reassurances and positive response from those in the hot seats, including JK.

#44 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

can't see why not as rams released him and we signed him up not on a loan agreement as far as i know so they shouldn't be able to stipulate that he can't play but who knows                                    

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#45 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

makes you wonder if its all part a the master plan. :hunter: there will be some other blunder for sure in the last 3 games.jordan were sure chomping at the bit wanting to be out on the pitch so would hope  he can play.we have a couple who dont seem to want to play for us who could so cant wait to see whos warming up sunday.

#46 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

It just seems odd that John Kear would snap up a young, talented player - whom he obviously rates, and then not use him at a pretty desperate time?

Edited by TheTerminator, 13 August 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Posted Image

#47 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

There's only one way to end this debate about 'bans' and 'banning'. Basically, someone needs to contact the site administrators and request that they set up a 'kids' section - where the trolls and berks who contribute nothing apart from endless amounts of infantile insults can go and 'wind each other up' to their hearts content.
This new forum would act in similar fashion to the ball-pools and slides located to the rear of many pubs up and down the country - which ensure that adults get a rest and perhaps a grown-up conversation whilst their little ones enjoy themselves in a primarily adult environment.

Unless there comments are libellous or offensive, I don't see whatright a moderator has to ban anyone. The quality of the posting should not be an issue.
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#48 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

Unless there comments are libellous or offensive, I don't see whatright a moderator has to ban anyone. The quality of the posting should not be an issue.

A moderator can ban who they like, as can the sites administrators. Why wouldn't they be able to, if they feel it is necessary? Is there some legal precedent you can point towards which would indicate that they don't have the 'right' to do so?
As for 'quality of content', if a member's only contribution to a forum is to post drivel which doesn't contribute to debate and discussion in any positive way whatsoever, then I'm guessing a moderator is quite within their 'rights' to impose a ban. I think the offence is called 'trolling".

Edited by TheTerminator, 13 August 2014 - 03:28 PM.

Posted Image

#49 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

Townie was a classic example but these types are merely class clowns.

Eddie rombo was harmlessly pitiful

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#50 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

By the way Eddie sends his love,& he'll see you all Sunday

#51 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

can't see why not as rams released him and we signed him up not on a loan agreement as far as i know so they shouldn't be able to stipulate that he can't play but who knows

Have we signed him though? Wasn't this supposed to have taken place about the same time the DR rules took effect?

#52 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Have we signed him though? Wasn't this supposed to have taken place about the same time the DR rules took effect?

I don't think we actually signed him. No sign of anything on the club website, and as he hasn't been seen yet I assume that it was all hearsay.

Posted Image

#53 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

He definitely signed something: https://twitter.com/...945842417205248

He's not playing on Sunday: https://twitter.com/...511284698972160 (but he wishes you well)

#54 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

Is Jordan's non-selection due to a clause in his contract, or his fitness levels, or what? Are the Club issuing an official statement that he has signed for us, or do we rely on his Twitter account?

#55 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

I think you've signed him more for next season to replace Greenwood.

#56 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#57 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

apparently Eddie Rombo has been banned from all forums

#58 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

apparently Eddie Rombo has been banned from all forums

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#59 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

By the way Eddie sends his love,& he'll see you all Sunday

Cant see the fuss its only the biggest Derby when it affects both teams.The points would do us nicely but its Batleys big game.

#60 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

Dewsbury will let Batley win to keep them in the same division next year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users