TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

New league structure map

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

I really like it.

2 to come back up from League 1. its not all doom and gloom if we go down......

I hope!

Attached Files

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

Looks very colourful  ;) , the RFL like their crayons don't they!

I can see how it works, but won't be reading too much into it until the 8's split.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#3 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

so 2 up 2 down and still a chance if you finish 5th of going up

Edited by redditchbulldog, 12 August 2014 - 12:43 PM.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

I like the new structure and think that it will be an exciting series next season. Every game will be important and there will be plenty of that jeopardy that the RFL are so keen on at the moment. Most of the complaints have come from the usual suspects who believe that it is, once more, a cunning plot to keep their club out of SL.

Now let's hope that the RFL and partners promote the game as a whole much more strongly to give us all a boost in trying to increase public interest in actually coming along to watch.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 698 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

I think the new structure is good. It will make every game meaningful and give clubs in lower divisions hope and a chance that they can progress.

#6 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

It won't look good from Championship 1. Talk about down among the dead men. And a mahoosive petrol bill.

#7 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

I think the new structure is good. It will make every game meaningful and give clubs in lower divisions hope and a chance that they can progress.

just cos it looks nice dont mean we have go join them. :ph34r:

#8 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

just cos it looks nice dont mean we have go join them. :ph34r:

Don't think we have much choice on that one mate.

#9 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

Don't think we have much choice on that one mate.

we did,what were all cobblers after fax win at their place about getting hardman,kainey.saxton.and mcgoldrick all for week after,"done deal" were the word from those in the know... :drag:  too late now i fear unless we have we have some some massive mirrors in changing rooms for sunday.. :bb:

#10 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

I really like it.

I'm sorry BTJ but I couldn't disagree more, I hate it. It is just more RFL propaganda to distract smaller clubs whilst they continue to hammer nails in to the coffin of rugby league outside of SL.

The RFL have a problem, two teams in particular are consistently struggling to compete at the top level and they have become a bit of a laughing stock. Bradford have severe financial issues and have not been competitive for a long time, there fans are walking away in droves. London can’t attract spectators, partly because they have not had a consistently winning team for long enough to build up enough hardcore support to make them sustainable.

So how do you go about fixing these issues if you are the RFL?

Give these two clubs far more money than the teams they are competing with, ensuring they can buy a better squad than all of the teams around them, therefore ensuring they will win everything without having to overspend to almost guarantee success.

This new structure will probably last for 3 or 4 years, until Bradford and London have stabilized a little and they are ready to compete in SL properly. My guess would be, we will then miraculously go back to a 14 team SL again.

The RFL have given the other clubs in the championship competing against them two options,

1. Try to compete with the 2 clubs getting twice as much money as them and commit financial suicide.

2. Spend what they can afford on the squad and get beaten, therefore proving they are not strong enough to compete at the top level and never get in.

Don’t believe the hype!!!

Edited by DOGFATHER, 25 August 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#11 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

Bradford and London are receiving more funding but they are only getting what the top 2 clubs will get next year.

The new structure is good for the sport. A lot more sponsorship money is getting filtered down the leagues.

#12 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

I'm sorry BTJ but I couldn't disagree more, I hate it. It is just more RFL propaganda to distract smaller clubs whilst they continue to hammer nails in to the coffin of rugby league outside of SL.

The RFL have a problem, two teams in particular are consistently struggling to compete at the top level and they have become a bit of a laughing stock. Bradford have severe financial issues and have not been competitive for a long time, there fans are walking away in droves. London can’t attract spectators, partly because they have not had a consistently winning team for long enough to build up enough hardcore support to make them sustainable.

Give these two clubs far more money than the teams they are competing with, ensuring they can buy a better squad than all of the teams around them, therefore ensuring they will win everything without having to overspend to almost guarantee success.

This new structure will probably last for 3 or 4 years, until Bradford and London have stabilized a little and they are ready to compete in SL properly. My guess would be, we will then miraculously go back to a 14 team SL again.

The RFL have given the other clubs in the championship competing against them two options,

1. Try to compete with the 2 clubs getting twice as much money as them and commit financial suicide.

2. Spend what they can afford on the squad and get beaten, therefore proving they are not strong enough to compete at the top level and never get in.

And I thought it was just me that was being cynical about the whole affair - even the super eight is wildly financially skewed to ensure only SL and SL wannabes will be in it.

#13 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Bradford and London are receiving more funding but they are only getting what the top 2 clubs will get next year.

The new structure is good for the sport. A lot more sponsorship money is getting filtered down the leagues.

Good for the sport, don't make me laugh. The extra money being filtered down is just a smokescreen, so people will focus on the extra cash rather than what is really going off. 

Who do you think the top two clubs will be the following year, getting the £500000+ payouts compared to the others getting less than half that amount? Is a 2 horse race springing to mind?

If the new structure is so good, why are the payments staggered depending on league position in the Championship and not equal for all of teams competing creating a level playing field?

After all, the teams in SL are getting the same amount of cash regardless of where they finish in the league, £1.8M each. If staggering the payments is good for the game why are they not following this principle in the SL? 

The knife has already been thrust in to the backs of the Championship clubs and now the RFL are are starting to twist it.

Edited by DOGFATHER, 25 August 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#14 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,716 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

Im suprised theres so much brass in the firsr place.
Gift horse and that. .....

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#15 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

gift horse.. I think you mean Trojan horse

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

Don't forget the grassy knoll Dogfather!

Bacofoil prices must be set to rise in Batley.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

#18 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

So you think it's better for the championship clubs to stick with the £90k a year with no chance of promotion?

How about we give it a few years first and see how it goes.

#19 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

2. Spend what they can afford on the squad and get beaten, therefore proving they are not strong enough to compete at the top level and never get in.

Each to their own then, you can spend the whole of 2015 complaining about it if it makes you feel better.

The fact is that we are stuck with it, so im glad i like it!

I for one think for all their faults, this is one of the RFL's better ideas.

Edited by buford t justice, 25 August 2014 - 03:05 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#20 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

So you think it's better for the championship clubs to stick with the £90k a year with no chance of promotion?

How about we give it a few years first and see how it goes.

Yes I would. because at least it would be a fair contest, especially if they policed the salary cap properly and did away with special dispensation. I believe sport is at it's best when the teams/people competing are evenly matched. What the RFL are creating with this is in effect is a fight between a group of Lightweights a couple of Middleweights and two Heavyweights. 

Where do you think all this extra money will go?

It will go on paying the same players more money for doing the same job.

Next season, the Championship will resemble the Scottish Premier Division of a couple of years ago when Rangers and Celtic were blowing all before them away. 2 teams way out in front of everyone else and the rest making up the numbers. When it comes to competing with better teams, they will be nowhere near good enough because they haven't had teams anything like strong enough in competition with them during the regular season, to enable them to compete at a higher level.

After we give a few years, even more supporters will have walked away from the CH divisions because it is so one sided and the game will be all but dead outside of SL.

Edited by DOGFATHER, 25 August 2014 - 03:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users