Touch J: C Dean
Reserve: S Lund
M Com: C Hodgson

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

For a minute there I thought JJP was the touchie!!

#3 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

Oh goody, wonder if bloem has improved over the season :(

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

Not if you read some reports of his matches !

#5 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

Will have to be a good performance as barrow won't be coming to roll over and it's a massive 3 points.i Hope we have some bodies back who missed out last week. 28-14

Edited by town4me, 12 August 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

To me a lot depends on our team sheet . If we're light again I can see another patchy win by 8 or 12 , but if we can get everyone on board I'm hoping we're fired up and can put a fair size dent in our points difference here before we go to Leigh . The central feature seems to be our ability to score points , so this is a game we should be looking to click and finally put some on the board.
If we win I'm sure we won't go down

#7 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

Stuff the points, i'm just desperate for a win so i can (hopefully) relax a bit before the last two games

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

They're increasingly important . If you look at the fixtures there's easily a scenario where four teams could end up on 45 points . I'd say everyone needs half an eye on that , no more than that . With money per spot as well .
But of course winning lightens all loads . Haven have most worries there , but it's just an insurance

Edited by DavidM, 12 August 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

at the end of the day if our boys perform to there maximum we win comfortably regardless of how fired up barrow are. But we just can't turn up and expect to win. Derbies are always tough but were at home and are a superior team. If we can get the points difference back we lost at Donny and haven lose at sheff then were fine. Thursdays a huge day as batley will know there fate, getting docked 3 points will knock the stuffing out of them, and with a massive game vs Dewsbury on Sunday it could be the final nail in there coffin. Worst case scenario is batley don't get docked with haven and batley winning, that will put unneeded pressure on us going into the dewsbury game as I can't see getting anywhere near Leigh (which isn't a knock on us as not many teams have). Plus us playing (and probably losing) on the Saturday will give everyone a massive boost for there Sunday games.

Edited by wonky, 12 August 2014 - 03:29 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#10 ivans82

ivans82
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

food for thought.... sheffield arent playing that well and always let plenty of points in...haven win their last 3 games .  we win our home games.....we both have 47 points ....it all depends how we do at leigh whether we finish above haven or not...only 48 poits diff. between us at present .

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

food for thought.... sheffield arent playing that well and always let plenty of points in...haven win their last 3 games . we win our home games.....we both have 47 points ....it all depends how we do at leigh whether we finish above haven or not...only 48 poits diff. between us at present .

i think if we get 6 more points well finish above both keighley and batley. Keighley should win on Sunday but you can't see them beating Dewsbury away or fev at home.i think town will finish 7th and haven 8th, with it being between keighley and batley for the drop. If batley lose 3 points on Thursday then there's no coming back.

Edited by wonky, 12 August 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

47 will get 7th . Just looking at the funding , 6th gets extra , but 7-9 get the same. This is all a great advert for BPs as well . Every point counts , and is proven to be vital ! Beating Dewsbury will avoid any overuse of fingers , abacus and calculators !! That day is gonna be something in this league !!

Edited by DavidM, 12 August 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#13 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

food for thought.... sheffield arent playing that well and always let plenty of points in...haven win their last 3 games .  we win our home games.....we both have 47 points ....it all depends how we do at leigh whether we finish above haven or not...only 48 poits diff. between us at present .

What's to say Haven will beat Swinton... Swinton have had quite a few close games and they'll be at home and want to go down with a bang rather than go out whimpering.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

What's to say Haven will beat Swinton... Swinton have had quite a few close games and they'll be at home and want to go down with a bang rather than go out whimpering.

rochdale aren't exactly push overs.

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

None of our dual reg players are included in Wigans squad this week so I would assume Farrell and Burke will be certainties to play, but do we know if jack is playing who is the most vital of the 3.

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

What about Lewis ? We heard a line in passing that he'd hurt his knee . I'd like to get more flesh on those bones ??

#17 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

What about Lewis ? We heard a line in passing that he'd hurt his knee . I'd like to get more flesh on those bones ??

i think he's out pal. Can't see us seeing him in the last 3 games.

#18 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

Out for the season David. Medial Ligament damage.

#19 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

Out for the season David. Medial Ligament damage.

should we expect declan and Murphy up this week mate?

#20 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

should we expect declan and Murphy up this week mate?

Declan will be back if selected , not sure about Murphy , i did hear, but not sure how realiable, that he went to hospital with concussion after the derby - if thats the case would depend on how he got on with his head test at Wigan. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users