• 50 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

Bye bye Batley!!

#4 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

brill,  ????on the subject of bans,what ever happened with the ben black tackle that probably made it his last game for us . i thought a dvd was been reviewed but it all went mighty quite/ or dident that off the ball tackle count as bad as some remark to another player. :rtfm:

#5 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

Wont be seeing him in a Batley shirt again then.

Thanks for the, erm, memories?
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#6 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

Patterson pleaded not guilty. It will be interesting to read the full defence when it is published

#7 phildog

phildog
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

Why won't we see him in a Batley shirt again? He's been no worse than many others this year, Fax fans still like him and would have him back by the sound of things. I hope Lee reads this, I think he's been very hard done by. The RFL seem more interested that some wimp's feelings don't get hurt than actually coming down on people who actually commit foul play and actually hurt someone. Pat loses his cool in a tense situation and gets banged like nobody's business, yet someone like Sinfield for example sticks the nut on somebody, then cries how sorry he is and gets away with a 2 match ban. The current and recently past officers of the RFL have spoiled our game beyond all recognition over the past 10 or so years, changing so many rules, bending over backwards to please the Aussies so that we hardly recognise it any more, and now they don't even figure that foul play is actually a crime anymore, instead following the national trend of looking after any minority or whatever at the expense of the game. Lee, ignore what's being said, stick with it boy and give it another year, all these fans who plead with us every week to 'support the lads' then in the next breath rip their guts out.

#8 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Why won't we see him in a Batley shirt again? He's been no worse than many others this year, Fax fans still like him and would have him back by the sound of things. I hope Lee reads this, I think he's been very hard done by. The RFL seem more interested that some wimp's feelings don't get hurt than actually coming down on people who actually commit foul play and actually hurt someone. Pat loses his cool in a tense situation and gets banged like nobody's business, yet someone like Sinfield for example sticks the nut on somebody, then cries how sorry he is and gets away with a 2 match ban. The current and recently past officers of the RFL have spoiled our game beyond all recognition over the past 10 or so years, changing so many rules, bending over backwards to please the Aussies so that we hardly recognise it any more, and now they don't even figure that foul play is actually a crime anymore, instead following the national trend of looking after any minority or whatever at the expense of the game. Lee, ignore what's being said, stick with it boy and give it another year, all these fans who plead with us every week to 'support the lads' then in the next breath rip their guts out.

Are there any other forms of discrimination which you condone?

Posted Image

#9 Dolmio Babcock

Dolmio Babcock
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

LP has been an excellent player at championship level for several years, with his best highlights displayed at Halifax. However, I will be disappointed if we resign Lee for next season, as he is very much on his way down, and his best years are behind him. You cannot fault his commitment, but we need a much improved performance from a centre.

Edited by Dolmio Babcock, 12 August 2014 - 08:26 PM.

Serving Pasta across the Shannon Matthews County.

#10 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

funny thing is he called Jamie Acton....brave 'average' player !!!!  ;)

#11 silcoates

silcoates
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

if he wasn't banned for foul play but for something he said to somebody.

what on earth did he say.is it such a sensitive subject that it can't be explained

exactly what was said.Then a person can judge.

To me not knowing the facts it seems a daft ban. 

#12 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

If we stay in this division this year (it will take a mighty effort over the next 3 matches) we will need players that can hack it in what will be the equivalent of a  much tougher division, supporters have been saying how tough every match has been this year. We cannot stay with the same squad because if we keep even 30% of the present squad we might as well forget next season because the players just are not good enough. 

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

If we stay in this division this year (it will take a mighty effort over the next 3 matches) we will need players that can hack it in what will be the equivalent of a much tougher division, supporters have been saying how tough every match has been this year. We cannot stay with the same squad because if we keep even 30% of the present squad we might as well forget next season because the players just are not good enough.

I fear that, even if we do by some minor miracle stay up, we're already in the transfer twilight zone. Our perilous position means that most of our better players will have already signed elsewhere for 2015 due to the uncertainty, whilst the clubs who are safe will have already secured their best squad members and snapped up all the externally available players of any quality.

Edited by TheTerminator, 12 August 2014 - 10:51 PM.

Posted Image

#14 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

Got to agree, I think if we do stay up, some major investment is needed or we will be cannon fodder next year and in the same position.

Maybe going down, regrouping and starting over with a blank canvas wouldnt be such a bad thing.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#15 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 994 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

i can understand the talk of players not knowing what to do as to our position at the moment,but to think going down will do us good dont make sense, a regroupe now and find a bit a passion for the shirt and win next 3 games will do me better, then maybe grab some decent players to build up for next season.i really think if we go down we will struggle to even stay afloat with naff crowds and players we have now maybe wanting to move on.

#16 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

He'll be gone faster than a vindaloo out your backside on a sunday morning with the rest of the rats who got you in this mess

if they cant do it sunday in a batley shirt

they'll never do it

#17 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

Note to kn steer wide of players with the Patterson surname

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#18 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

Good riddance -

His defence is woeful, how many breaks has he made this season?

answer: Not many.

He showed genuine pace against Barrow I think??? at home scoring a great try from 10 yards out up the hill, but that is the only time he has looked anything like decent all season, which suggests he has a heart as big as a pea.

He cannot play at fullback as his positional play is as appalling as his defence, he is inept as a winger; so the only position left is in the centre defending next to a halfback who has to tackle his guts out as Patto couldn't tackle a pork pie. The only positive about him from me is he has looked marginally better than Faal, who is absolute garbage, up there with the likes of Dale Cardoza as one of the worst centres ever to grace Mount Pleasant.  

Do you need any more reasons not to sign him on again?

Edited by DOGFATHER, 13 August 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#19 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Good riddance -

His defence is woeful, how many breaks has he made this season?

answer: Not many.

He showed genuine pace against Barrow I think??? at home scoring a great try from 10 yards out up the hill, but that is the only time he has looked anything like decent all season, which suggests he has a heart as big as a pea.

He cannot play at fullback as his positional play is as appalling as his defence, he is inept as a winger; so the only position left is in the centre defending next to a halfback who has to tackle his guts out as Patto couldn't tackle a pork pie. The only positive about him from me is he has looked marginally better than Faal, who is absolute garbage, up there with the likes of Dale Cardoza as one of the worst centres ever to grace Mount Pleasant.  

Do you need any more reasons not to sign him on again?

He's cheap as chips which will mean he'll be on Kevins "must sign" list

Edited by Gary Coyle, 13 August 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#20 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

He's only had one good game all season at Keighley i think dogfather sums up
defensive frailties rather well.If Faal replaces him all we get is more of the same.
Let's hope we learn from the disastrous mistakes we have made this season do not
sign backs who are the wrong side of 30 and always have some decent cover at halfback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users