TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

New Aussie RU comp changes points scoring system

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 dhw

dhw
  • Coach
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Didnt say the end of Union I said its struggling big time both at pro and Amateur Level in Australia. If you can Show me some evidence that Rah Rah is not struggling then please do.

You said it was dying which amount to the same thing. You need to show evidence that RU is dying in Australia, since you have made that unsupported claim. A record Super Rugby Final crowd kind of indicates that the situation is much more complicated than you are claiming.

#42 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

I believe they have tried this at Harlequins, how did that go ? They have a similar option in France. The ELV changes that had similar proclamations of RU becoming RL resulted in falling attendances and more tactical kicking.

impossible!

#43 dhw

dhw
  • Coach
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

impossible!in an increase of technicall

Strange but true. Hence one of the reasons those law variations were all but dropped almost entirely. It also resulted in an increase of technical offences and the scrum becoming of greater importance but also a reduction in the number of lineouts.

#44 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

Strange but true. Hence one of the reasons those law variations were all but dropped almost entirely. It also resulted in an increase of technical offences and the scrum becoming of greater importance but also a reduction in the number of lineouts.

What you talking about Willis?

#45 dhw

dhw
  • Coach
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

What you talking about Willis?

Who is Willis? That is not name and I do not personally know anybody with that name. Stating something that actually happened as being impossible showed an obvious lack of objectivity and insight. Maybe if you stopped booing "the kicker" your critical thought processes would improve. 

#46 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

Who is Willis? That is not name and I do not personally know anybody with that name. Stating something that actually happened as being impossible showed an obvious lack of objectivity and insight. Maybe if you stopped booing "the kicker" your critical thought processes would improve. 

Whoosh!!!!

#47 C H Calthrop

C H Calthrop
  • Coach
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

Whoosh!!!!

I thought RU was aware of all body types. Clearly not.

#48 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,576 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

You said it was dying which amount to the same thing. You need to show evidence that RU is dying in Australia, since you have made that unsupported claim. A record Super Rugby Final crowd kind of indicates that the situation is much more complicated than you are claiming.

One crowd, which was still over 20,000 from even getting close to selling out does not tell the full story. Even you have said "RU seems pretty resilient in Australia given it has been consistently struggling since 2002". Its struggling while the other 3 codes go from strength to strength. The ARU has even said its struggling to compete and will again lose Millions this year despite the success of the Waratahs. http://www.rugby-tal...per-rugby-2014/ . Even in its Private Schools its being squeezed out by Soccer http://www.smh.com.a...0509-zr71b.html and its top juniors end up in League or go abroad, as the money is simply not there to pay the money that League etc can. The Wannabies without the former League boys would be struggling even more than it is. When was the last time the Wannabies won the Bledisloe Cup? You Rah Rahs can live in denial, but the fact is Union is fighting to survive at Pro level. At amateur level its not much better. The rise of the Socceroos has seen the Wannabies replaced as the top National team. The Socceroos can get 80,000 crowds now even against S.Africa and Iraq in Sydney- something the Bledisloe Cup cant manage, as crowds have slipped to around the 70,000 mark since 2010. Theres my claim with evidence. 

#49 Alfies Thumb

Alfies Thumb
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:00 AM

League doesnt Claim to be a Major code in the UK- its a minority Sport and seen as such by fans and media a like. Rah Rah is a minority Sport in Australia- not that a number of Rah Rah fans or its media friends will admit it. As for crowds growing in Australia for Rah Rah seems you are mistaken.

QLD Reds 2013 31,848  2014 28190

Brumbies  2013 14,749  2014 13,100

Rebels      2013 11,931  2014 11,396

Force        2013 12,631  2014 12,786

Only the Waratahs saw any real increase in crowds, which is not surprising with the success they had.

http://rugby.statbunker.com/

So the Reds and Waratahs have an average crowd attendance higher than 90% of the NRL clubs. The Brumbies have an attendance slightly lower than the NRL average and the Force and Rebels have low crowds but that's to be expected. The Reds currently have 57K paid up members as opposed to 27k for Souths and 23k for Broncos. The Reds have had a higher average attendance than the Broncos for about 3 years now. This year the Broncos are marginally in front by about 1,500 or so.

But I guess RU is dying...

If we're going on crowd figures, the crowd for Monday night's NRL game was 6,000. 6,000 in a 45,000 seat stadium. OH NOES! 

Player numbers are increasing. My local club has 27 junior teams from U7 to U13. 27 from just one club. 

Edited by Alfies Thumb, 15 August 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#50 WelshpoolMarauder

WelshpoolMarauder
  • Coach
  • 517 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

Oh good, another discussion about the health of RU in Australia.

#51 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,576 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:46 AM

So the Reds and Waratahs have an average crowd attendance higher than 90% of the NRL clubs. The Brumbies have an attendance slightly lower than the NRL average and the Force and Rebels have low crowds but that's to be expected. The Reds currently have 57K paid up members as opposed to 27k for Souths and 23k for Broncos. The Reds have had a higher average attendance than the Broncos for about 3 years now. This year the Broncos are marginally in front by about 1,500 or so.

But I guess RU is dying...

If we're going on crowd figures, the crowd for Monday night's NRL game was 6,000. 6,000 in a 45,000 seat stadium. OH NOES! 

Player numbers are increasing. My local club has 27 junior teams from U7 to U13. 27 from just one club. 

Reds and Waratahs are state Teams. Add all the NSW NRL Clubs attendances together and ist way more than the Waratahs or Add the 3 Queensland Teams crowds together and thats way more than the Reds. Monday night Footy much like Thursday is to please the TV Companies and ist obvious they will get poor crowds. Watch the reds or Waratahs Play on a Monday or Thursday and crowds would be well down.

Yeah of course your Club numbers are up. The evidence suggests the Rah Rah code is losing the battle for third biggest Football Code in Australia and in many areas. Its no secret it has no Money and cant even get on Free TV as few are interested in it really. But you Keep pretending things are good and that your game is growing in Australia

#52 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

Reds and Waratahs are state Teams. Add all the NSW NRL Clubs attendances together and ist way more than the Waratahs or Add the 3 Queensland Teams crowds together and thats way more than the Reds. Monday night Footy much like Thursday is to please the TV Companies and ist obvious they will get poor crowds. Watch the reds or Waratahs Play on a Monday or Thursday and crowds would be well down.

Yeah of course your Club numbers are up. The evidence suggests the Rah Rah code is losing the battle for third biggest Football Code in Australia and in many areas. Its no secret it has no Money and cant even get on Free TV as few are interested in it really. But you Keep pretending things are good and that your game is growing in Australia

Are these yours?

1314125795-fat-straws.jpg

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#53 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,576 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

No  think they belong to Alfies Thumbs

#54 Alfies Thumb

Alfies Thumb
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

Are these yours?

1314125795-fat-straws.jpg

:D

Looks like it.

How about you just enjoy your footy? I certainly will. Bledisloe Cup tomorrow night and club grand final on Sunday. I'm taking my lad along.

#55 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

Looks like it.

How about you just enjoy your footy? I certainly will. Bledisloe Cup tomorrow night and club grand final on Sunday. I'm taking my lad along.

That'll be two there then.

Here's an idea why doesn't RU have a scoring method like if you touch the ball down over the goal line you get awarded a "Try" or would that be a step to close to RL?
😉

Edited by bearman, 15 August 2014 - 12:26 PM.

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#56 Alfies Thumb

Alfies Thumb
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:38 AM

That'll be two there then.

Here's an idea why doesn't RU have a scoring method like if you touch the ball down over the goal line you get awarded a "Try" or would that be a step to close to RL?

Okay.

#57 Alfies Thumb

Alfies Thumb
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:39 AM

No  think they belong to Alfies Thumbs

You should read this article.

http://www.greenandg...ered-questions/

#58 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,421 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

. Also i RU is still "arguably" still the most popular sport in Australia at international level. 

Nope. Cricket is a bigger international sport in Australia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users