Halifax v Rovers match thread.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

Taken from the Halifax club site they have opened the North stand for the Rovers fans.

http://www.halifaxrl...-v-featherstone

Edited by pont rover, 13 August 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

North stand for us not south

#3 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

Can't see us winning this unfortunately. I'd predict Fax 36 - 12 Fev. Too many injuries and a club which hasn't fully recovered from the damage caused by the last coach.

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

Fev won't even get a bonus point
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#5 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

We have won the last 5 visits to the Shay and apart from the GF and NR Final and that frisk big win at PO Road a few years back they have struggled against us. We have a weakened side but I still think the 17 we have man for man will still have too much for Halifax. I don't recall losing 2 games on the bounce this season and I doubt we will start now with whats at stake. Only positive thoughts from me...sorry

#6 sentoffagain2

sentoffagain2
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

if   all    fit   i   would   play   following    team,   but   not   to   get   drawn   into   a   forward   battle.hardman    sharp    worthington   smeaton   crookes    kaine   moore    crossley     ellis    annakin    lockwood    james   rooney.   subs  bostock   bussey   pick  and   trout.   i   think   bostock   would   give   us   more  impact   off   the   bench   than   anyone   else   or   he   would   be   in  the   starting   thirteen.bussey   could   cover  the   halves   and   hooker    and   bossy  could    cover   centre   positions  if   either   get   injured.

#7 Rover68

Rover68
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

It's sad to say it but I think fax will want this more than us and will perform on the day .given our injuries , poor defence , I can only see a fax win given that I will be there shouting the team on utr.

#8 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

Hope we start with rooney , use kain off bench .

#9 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

Hope we start with rooney , use kain off bench .

agreed
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#10 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

Fax rarely get up for the big games and to be honest can see us losing at the weekend. We got lucky last week over in North Wales. Fax are very much a Jekyll and Hyde side who when they are good are very good but when they are bad they are bad! I know you have had a few problems but I expect a close tough game that could go either way. Some quality players on both sides and hope its an open game and not too negative with both sides frightened to make a mistake which sometimes happens in such games. Fax have been bigging this game up and wouldnt surprise me to see us win this and then lose the next two games after focusing so much energy on this one. May the best team win though I think theres still the chance of a couple of slip ups from both clubs in the last couple of games. I hope the minority of idiots from BOTH clubs behave or stay away as neither Fax or Fev fans want you around. If you cant act normally or drink without being an idiot stay away. 

#11 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

watching this crusaders v halifax highlights makes our current form look white hot in comparison...

#12 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

Im confident - we played some quick stuff at times last friday even though we got a towelling in the end

If we are allowed to play at same pace fax wont live with us

Edited by elppaxr2i, 14 August 2014 - 12:33 AM.

#13 The Blues Ox

The Blues Ox
  • Coach
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Im confident - we played some quick stuff at times last friday even though we got a towelling in the end

If we are allowed to play at same pace fax wont live with us

Im also hoping for Stokes to let the game be played at a quick pace. I think a few people may be surprised how much that would suit Fax. The games we have struggled in have been games like Sunday against North Wales and games against Batley where the ref played the game at their pace letting holding down go on all day where as our best rugby has been played in games against Leigh and Donny where the ref soon got a grip of the messing around.

#14 bmot

bmot
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FQPWwC64qw

watch this then before judgeing by crusaders

Edited by bmot, 14 August 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#15 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

a couple of decent ones......Considering they were scored against poor opposition, with some terrible defence I am not going to now start worrying. sorry

#16 philcow

philcow
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

sunday shouldnt be bothering us we will finish third due to bad losses and performancs earlier

#17 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Leigh were superb last week and Fev stuck at them well, especially in the first half.They tailed of toward the end due to sin binninng and only having one fit forward left on the bench to interchange with. Up to last week though they'd been playing well for the last few games after showing great resolve to turn it around at Whitehaven.  Apparantley Fax weren't too impressive lat week either so don't write them off just yet. Home advantage counts for nothing between Fev and Fax, so it could be a very close game. Wouldn't it be sweet justice if Rooney sealed it with a last minute drop goal. 

#18 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Our discipline and defence have been terrible in a few games this season...Can't see us beating Fax with the number of injuries to key players; He needs to start with Rooney and Moore and get Kain in an impact roll; Everything went well against Barrow then for some inexplicable reason decides to shift the side around against the best side in the league; One thing is for sure though the players will have a big following to try and lift them;

#19 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

Our discipline and defence have been terrible in a few games this season...Can't see us beating Fax with the number of injuries to key players; He needs to start with Rooney and Moore and get Kain in an impact roll; Everything went well against Barrow then for some inexplicable reason decides to shift the side around against the best side in the league; One thing is for sure though the players will have a big following to try and lift them;

Agree i think if we dont start with Rooney we wont have the leadership , organisation or kicking game to be able to win a game like this .

#20 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Agree i think if we dont start with Rooney we wont have the leadership , organisation or kicking game to be able to win a game like this .

It will be interesting because I think this game is more important than last week and believe that was the reason he was on the bench for so long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users