Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax v Rovers match thread.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

Still reeling from Harrison's post match Radio Leeds interview -
" Feathestone managed to control the official better than us"
I was clearly at a different game.
I was pleased his " start a fight " tactic didn't work this time.

Yes, Karl is a very sore loser, nothing shocks me anymore to the bilge he spouts
Im Fev and im proud

#62 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Andy Hay pulled off a master stroke, both Sharp and Hardman were outstanding. Ian had a hand in all 3 of Crookes's tries and shored up the right hand side of our defence, while Sharpie was brilliant at returning kicks, linking up, and the last ditch tackle on Adamson (I think it was) inches from our line was worth the entrance money alone. The score was only 4-0 then, and the result could have been different if they'd taken the lead. It also meant they didn't get a bonus point.

Thanks Steve to you and jt for the info. Bussey at prop- whow. how did he go? Hope Moore isn't suspended for last two games. Cheers

#63 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

Still reeling from Harrison's post match Radio Leeds interview -

" Feathestone managed to control the official better than us"

I was clearly at a different game.
I was pleased his " start a fight " tactic didn't work this time.

I interviewed him after the game for League Express and he was very complimentary toward Fev, saying they were much the better side on the day. He did look shell shocked and lost for words, however. Maybe he had time to compose his thoughts and come up with excuses for the radio?

#64 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

Well done Fev fully deserved win. As per usual Fax under Harrison fail to get up for the games that matter. Sooner he goes the better for me. 

Third behind Leigh and Fev on a smaller budget ain't bad. Don't be too hasty to fix something that isn't broke, as John Bastian learned to his regret.

#65 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 660 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Third behind Leigh and Fev on a smaller budget ain't bad. Don't be too hasty to fix something that isn't broke, as John Bastian learned to his regret.

What's Leighs budget this year steve?
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#66 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

What's Leighs budget this year steve?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought they had been granted an increase in salary cap due to higher turnover, just like Fev? If they didn't it makes their achievement even more remarkable and rubbishes the theory of SL fans who say that those clubs with the most money will simply roll the other clubs over.

#67 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

Well done to Will Sharp named as player of the week plus Rovers named as performance of the week.

http://www.therfl.co...e-named-players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users