Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rebuilding time

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

“If people knew how hard I worked to achieve my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all.”
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#22 TMF

TMF
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

Right, can I say to all the critics of the BOD, are you willing to step forward and say i'll go on the BOD or do anything to help? If not, shut the #### up. Secondly, great post by Pip. I know Pip and he's a passionate supporter who wants nothing but the best for the club. I'm beginning to wonder about some of the doom merchants on here. Third, the BOD have said we already have applicants. Lets wait and see who they are. We might be surprised. Cresta, Broady, Clarkey. If they don't want the job, we don't want them. Same with the players.

To me, CLUB + SUPPORTERS = Don't walk in front, I might not follow. Don't walk behind, I might not lead. Walk with me, together.

COYR

#23 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

Right, can I say to all the critics of the BOD, are you willing to step forward and say i'll go on the BOD or do anything to help? If not, shut the #### up. Secondly, great post by Pip. I know Pip and he's a passionate supporter who wants nothing but the best for the club. I'm beginning to wonder about some of the doom merchants on here. Third, the BOD have said we already have applicants. Lets wait and see who they are. We might be surprised. Cresta, Broady, Clarkey. If they don't want the job, we don't want them. Same with the players.
To me, CLUB + SUPPORTERS = Don't walk in front, I might not follow. Don't walk behind, I might not lead. Walk with me, together.
COYR

I was told off the other day on Barrow Raiders official Facebook page for having the cheek to give my opinion, I was told the place for this is the forum ( here ). Now your telling people who give an opinion that doesn't suit you or the BOD that they have to shut the **** up, nice! The BOD will always receive praise and critiscm, you have to take the rough with the smooth. Most fans do there bit by going through the turnstiles paying into the lotto etc... Which entitles them to an opinion, whether you agree with them or not.

#24 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

I think a local coach, Crarey, Broady, Clarky??

#25 TMF

TMF
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

I don't know why you were told off Raidersrus. Of course you and every one else has an opinion. I'm not a BOD mole. I don't think I know or have ever met any of them. I just think it's an oderous job that most supporters can't comprehend the complexity of and dedication to do.

We all do our bit. I calculate supporting Barrow costs me approx £600 per season. I know it costs some a lot more to the dedicated away followers. I don't mind. It's not the money. It's being proud to be a Barrovian. It's being able to reach out on this site, with all our opinions and to say to everyone....don't panic, Mr Mannering, the board and supporters, and like they say... the future is bright, it's blue and white.

COYR

#26 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

The last message on the 'bobby goulding' was as follows

I reckon the Mail have been trawling this web site and having seen all the pro messages for Cresta thought it would be a good idea to give him a ring. What he has said is probably 'off the cuff'. I'm pretty certain he doesn't read this Forum. It said in the Mail it's something he hasn't seriously thought of but he did say 'never say never'

I stand by this comment.

Posted Image

#27 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

The last message on the 'bobby goulding' was as follows

I reckon the Mail have been trawling this web site and having seen all the pro messages for Cresta thought it would be a good idea to give him a ring. What he has said is probably 'off the cuff'. I'm pretty certain he doesn't read this Forum. It said in the Mail it's something he hasn't seriously thought of but he did say 'never say never'

I stand by this comment.

My stance also.

#28 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

COYR

As an ex board member, debenture holder, 500 club member, gold rush member and previous sponsor I am entitled to my opinions good or bad as is everyone on this forum. As we have been told by Barrow Raiders official this is the forum for it.

By the way I have never been a barrovian I am from Dalton!..lol

Edited by soss, 16 August 2014 - 04:21 AM.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#29 TMF

TMF
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Good one SOSS, ancient capital of Furness. Keep the faith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users