TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

what an ignorant bigoted oaf this man is

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,650 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

http://www.huffingto..._n_5673626.html

Rush Limbaugh: what an apology for a human being

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#2 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Welcome to right wing America. Any critical thought has gone out of the window long ago and replaced by liberal = pinkie commie homo satan worshipping bastards.
Fides invicta triumphat

#3 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

It is rich from a man whose radio show is him complaining about how hard people like him have it while everyone else gets it easy.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,747 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

Welcome to right wing America. Any critical thought has gone out of the window long ago and replaced by liberal = pinkie commie homo satan worshipping bastards.

Welcome to TRL.com fans forum AOB. Any critical thought gone out of the window and replaced by conditioned reflex that left wing good right wing bad.

And you'll see that I agreed with L'Ange.

Edited by JohnM, 14 August 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#5 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Welcome to TRL.com fans forum AOB. Any critical thought gone out of the window and replaced by conditioned reflex that left wing good right wing bad.

It's good that you're here to weigh up every post on its merits and make a balanced assessment of it.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#6 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,747 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

It's good that you're here to weigh up every post on its merits and make a balanced assessment of it.

As you well know, neither of those is allowed on AOB lest the class war old farts in the corner spill their Owd Tom in fits of apoplexy.

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

As you well know, neither of those is allowed on AOB lest the class war old farts in the corner spill their Owd Tom in fits of apoplexy.

Is it sunny in your world?

- Severus, July 2012

#8 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

People like rush limbaugh are never happy unless they are picking on, bullying and personally attacking anyone that doesn't look like them, sound like them or think like them. And he and the rest of the right wing shock jocks get paid handsomely to do so.

#9 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

And you'll see that I agreed with L'Ange.

Not sure if you are being ironic or not. IMO the political leaning of this board has gone from left or centre to the right in recent years. Not a bad thing as such but whenever a lefty post is made we get a conditioned response with no critical thought or analysis.

Fides invicta triumphat

#10 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

Anyone else getting the feeling that JohnM is edging closer and closer to a breakdown?

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#11 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,379 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

I like how he says leftists are always angry.

Has he not listened to Fox News opinion pieces, or indeed his own show?

There's more foaming at the mouth than a rabid dog convention.

Left/right aside, the idea that clinical depression is linked to one's politics is absurd and dangerous.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#12 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Anyone else getting the feeling that JohnM is edging closer and closer to a breakdown?

No, just being a little more aggressive.  He is still one of the sanest posters on here, for what little that means.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#13 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

I was driving through Texas and heard his show.  The feelings of hatred and bitterness that came over made it very uncomfortable listening, he is a very, very bitter man.  The show really is just a few hours of him venting and rambling on his hatred for people around him.  Really, not a representation of the right, but a deeply angry and unhappy man.

• dhw likes this

#14 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

Left/right aside, the idea that clinical depression is linked to one's politics is absurd and dangerous.

Totally agree. What is also dangerous is the whole them and us mentality that they are trying to promote.

Fides invicta triumphat

#15 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,650 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

I wonder if Limbaugh has ever heard of Winston Churchill-hardly a pinko commie, and well known sufferer from severe depression. 

also and this is the ignorant bit: he associates depression with being 'unhappy'. 

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#16 Martyn Sadler

Martyn Sadler

League Publications Ltd

• 2,959 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

As far as I can see, Limbaugh is maintaining that liberals are more likely to commit suicide than conservatives.

I thought we'd all agreed that the coalition government proves the point.

#17 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

As far as I can see, Limbaugh is maintaining that liberals are more likely to commit suicide than conservatives.

*applause*

- Severus, July 2012

#18 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

Very good

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#19 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,404 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

But does he support Licencing or P:& R?

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#20 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:40 AM

He. Is also a racist ,he was fired from one nfl show he Suggested that African American players Dovovan McNabb in Particular haven't got the tactical know how to make top quarter backs
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users