Todays RFL hearing

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

Anyone got any idea what time it is taking place or what time an announcement will be made?
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

So what are you expecting buford ??

what ya gut say ??

#3 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

Anyone got any idea what time it is taking place or what time an announcement will be made?

Donny up just before us I believe at 5pm

Be a 10 minute job for points deduction
Posted Image

#4 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

So what are you expecting buford ??

what ya gut say ??

3 points.

Probably 6 though knowing our luck, 3 for breaking rules and 3 we gor in the Sheffield game.

#5 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Match points void and lost for both teams

and a further 1 point deduction per team

my guess

#6 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

Match points void and lost for both teams

and a further 1 point deduction per team

my guess

Anything more than 3 points and its curtains for us and hello League 1.

Edited by buford t justice, 14 August 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

6 points for me. As Buford says - 3 stripped for the win against Sheffield in which Fairbank played, and 3 as punishment for the offence itself.

Posted Image

#8 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

£100 fine and hand smacked (in my dreams  :fie: )

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#9 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

£100 fine and hand smacked (in my dreams :fie: )

it is the RFL were talking about

most inept bunch since the diddymen

;)

#10 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

i think it will be more than 3 points and a fine, cant see us getting more than donny as we both have same charge,aint our fault we won and donny lost so should both be same punishment,got to be more than 3 or its not a punishment for us really so best wait and see.i think by sunday teatime were done for.

Edited by silverback, 14 August 2014 - 12:04 PM.

#11 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

word on the street 3 max.

#12 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

word on the street 3 max.

cant see donny right happy that batley lost 3
while they lose 3...result must have a bearing on the punishment

fingers crossed ;)

#13 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

said in the past if its points deduction for both the batley have to get 3 more than Donny as 3 points were earned by breaking the rules. 

if its a fine for both and only 3 points off Batley cause they won, then that leaves the flood gates open for teams to try all sorts, including fielding better quality  players(that don't qualify) against the big teams that may not result in any points gained , but could keep points difference down to a minimum instead of getting a towelling.

The RFL have to think really carefully about this especially if they plan on keeping DR next season, simple thing would be fine both, remove batleys 3 points scrap DR

#14 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Yeah I agree with the haven fan, although I don't want batley to get relegated ., should be 6 for batley, 3 for donny, due to batley got a win so 3 points from fielding the player, donny didn't win but still fielded the player, rfl have to show they meen business towards rule breaking, otherwise every club will start doing it if it favours them

Edited by christheram, 14 August 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#15 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

The wins irrelevant. It's the same offence. If Donny broke the rules & couldn't win its their own hard lines.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#16 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

I really hope batley can stay up whatever the outcome today , it is certainly not out of the question for you to win all three games you have left . we are struggling badly with injuries and it could go either way then you have the last two games for your players to motivate themselves for . good luck , excluding sunday of course .

#17 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

said in the past if its points deduction for both the batley have to get 3 more than Donny as 3 points were earned by breaking the rules. 

if its a fine for both and only 3 points off Batley cause they won, then that leaves the flood gates open for teams to try all sorts, including fielding better quality  players(that don't qualify) against the big teams that may not result in any points gained , but could keep points difference down to a minimum instead of getting a towelling.

The RFL have to think really carefully about this especially if they plan on keeping DR next season, simple thing would be fine both, remove batleys 3 points scrap DR

??whats winning got to do with anything,both played a wrong player,if it were a simple fine then say £500 each, or are you saying cos its batley lets fine them £1,000 and donny £500. or are you wanting a bigger punishment for batley cos donny failed with the player they had that they shouldent have had,dont make sense at all but wouldent be at all suprised if thats what they give us as its rfl after all. :pickeat:

its like saying if two people nick a lottery ticket worth a tenner and one turns out to be a £2.000 winner while the other is worth nowt would you give the winner a bigger fine.. :download:

#18 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

Yeah I agree with the haven fan, although I don't want batley to get relegated ., should be 6 for batley, 3 for donny, due to batley got a win so 3 points from fielding the player, donny didn't win but still fielded the player, rfl have to show they meen business towards rule breaking, otherwise every club will start doing it if it favours them

so their infringment dident pay off so really not as bad as us...come on think about it.were down anyways as the 9 points we need to stay up people were talking about might just come to maybe 4 points at end a season unless we get a miracle up at mount. :hunter:

#19 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

sorry but winning has everything to do with it , you got 3 points from a game that not only had  some playing for you  who wasn't allowed too , but he scored a try as well which like it or not influenced the result of the game.I know you love your team and will defend them to the hilt as i would mine, but even you have to see this has alot to do with it, you simply can not keep points from this game regardless of any other punishment. 

Edited by haven4ever, 14 August 2014 - 02:25 PM.

#20 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

sorry but winning has everything to do with it , you got 3 points from a game that not only had  some playing for you  who wasn't allowed too , but he scored a try as well which like it or not influenced the result of the game.I know you love your team and will defend them to the hilt as i would mine, but even you have to see this has alot to do with it, you simply can not keep points from this game regardless of any other punishment. 

so on that you think lose us 3 points and give both teams a fine???so cos donny dident play as well and win they get a lighter sentance by no points off all because they dident get 3 points, sorry but it dont sound right at all, i will wait and see but no doubt at all it will be meltdown if it looks fair..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users