Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Todays RFL hearing

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

sorry but winning has everything to do with it , you got 3 points from a game that not only had some playing for you who wasn't allowed too , but he scored a try as well which like it or not influenced the result of the game.I know you love your team and will defend them to the hilt as i would mine, but even you have to see this has alot to do with it, you simply can not keep points from this game regardless of any other punishment.

I don't know any Batley fan who doesn't think that we deserve to lose the 3 points.

Edited by TheTerminator, 14 August 2014 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image

#22 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

so on that you think lose us 3 points and give both teams a fine???so cos donny dident play as well and win they get a lighter sentance by no points off all because they dident get 3 points, sorry but it dont sound right at all, i will wait and see but no doubt at all it will be meltdown if it looks fair..

no i dont think thats what should be done , i think thats what the rfl may do which as i state with open the flood the gates.But they should scrap DR so we dont have this farce again

#23 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

??whats winning got to do with anything,both played a wrong player,if it were a simple fine then say £500 each, or are you saying cos its batley lets fine them £1,000 and donny £500. or are you wanting a bigger punishment for batley cos donny failed with the player they had that they shouldent have had,dont make sense at all but wouldent be at all suprised if thats what they give us as its rfl after all. :pickeat:

its like saying if two people nick a lottery ticket worth a tenner and one turns out to be a £2.000 winner while the other is worth nowt would you give the winner a bigger fine.. :download:

I think you'll find that the law would judge that not only was there a theft of the ticket but the £2,000 was misappropriated and would need to be returned.

On that basis there is a fine for the theft and a penalty for the benefits gained.

So it looks like 6 points to me because the financial rewards are much higher depending on where you finish in the table. Thus if Donny get 3 points deducted I can't see Batley getting the same penalty.

Edited by Ackroman, 14 August 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#24 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 980 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

no i dont think thats what should be done , i think thats what the rfl may do which as i state with open the flood the gates.But they should scrap DR so we dont have this farce again

if they say both teams lose 3 points for the offence both clubs commited that would be fair and a fine too for both clubs,but i have a seaky feeling we will get 3 points off for the offence 3 more for winning and 3 more for simply been batley. :rtfm:  dident sleep much last night :pickeat:

i think the dr will be binned anyways in next few years,wish we could get back to a second team to pick players from and get to extra games.

#25 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 980 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

I think you'll find that the law would judge that not only was there a theft of the ticket but the £2,000 was misappropriated and would need to be returned.

On that basis there is a fine for the theft and a penalty for the benefits gained.

that would work, fine both clubs   £500 and lose or 3 points.. ;) 

#26 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

that would work, fine both clubs   £500 and lose or 3 points.. ;)

It would be better that way, but the financial benefit to Donny for finishing fourth are massive, so the fine would have to be pretty big and potentially unfair to Batley.

It may be that a 3 point deduction may still not be enough to avoid Batley being relegated and coupled with a massive fine could be even worse than a 6 points deduction.

If you were Kevin and offered the choice, what would you take?

Edited by Ackroman, 14 August 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#27 cally

cally
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

think best way to deal with it is give batley 9 points for showing initiative and really p#ss off the rest of rugby league. bulldogs forever whatever the outcome.

#28 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

i reckon it will be a fine n a 6 to 9 point deduction for each club

#29 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

I think both will get 3 points off. I don't think result should have any barring. If you void the game as if it didn't happen then Sheffield would have to lose there bonus point which is just not right. 3 points off both and a small fine, sorry to say it but even with the 3 off I can't see batley surviving. Haven should win 2 out of there remaining 3, town the same and keighley should win 1 out of 3. I just don't see the bulldogs having it in them to win all 3 remaining fixtures.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#30 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

??whats winning got to do with anything,both played a wrong player,if it were a simple fine then say £500 each, or are you saying cos its batley lets fine them £1,000 and donny £500. or are you wanting a bigger punishment for batley cos donny failed with the player they had that they shouldent have had,dont make sense at all but wouldent be at all suprised if thats what they give us as its rfl after all. :pickeat:

its like saying if two people nick a lottery ticket worth a tenner and one turns out to be a £2.000 winner while the other is worth nowt would you give the winner a bigger fine.. :download: both teams get 3 pts deducted and batley forced to replay sheffield would be fair . In sheffields argument they where cheated out of 3 pts which could have a big bearing on them finishing 5th 6th or 7th where they could earn extra coin now if batley where to win the replayed game then fair play to them

#31 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

I think both will get 3 points off. I don't think result should have any barring. If you void the game as if it didn't happen then Sheffield would have to lose there bonus point which is just not right. 3 points off both and a small fine, sorry to say it but even with the 3 off I can't see batley surviving. Haven should win 2 out of there remaining 3, town the same and keighley should win 1 out of 3. I just don't see the bulldogs having it in them to win all 3 remaining fixtures.

Agreed Wonky. as for winning 3 games "No chance"

#32 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

Dad,dad

are we there yet !!!!!

every minute seems like a hour !!!

;)

#33 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

http://www.therfl.co...inary/item?5706

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#34 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

So basically the ref got it wrong and cost you lot a point ?

#35 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

cost them nothing got sent off in the 72 minute and we had dominated them all half ,hard luck Dave stick the usual cliche drivell you post 

#36 Marrafan

Marrafan
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

So that's your view from watching the game is it David?

#37 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Ref got it wrong but didn't cost us a point

#38 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

No , just from reading that report . Second bit was loaded in the question mark .

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

cost them nothing got sent off in the 72 minute and we had dominated them all half ,hard luck Dave stick the usual cliche drivell you post

I hope this decision comes soon . Your nerves are shredded by all this . Deep breaths chief

#40 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Are we there yet !!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users