TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Batleys RFL hearing today.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

It does also say it could be late this evening.

#22 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Couldn't make it up. What a toothless organisation.....if you can call it an organisation. They need to take a leaf out of UEFA's book

#23 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 902 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

Hopefully tonight we get an idea of what we've got for Sunday . Big Alex had a nasty knee knock so could do with an update there , and Dec / Murphy . Think everyone else is ok . Stack , Olstrum ? Interesting .

murphy out with a virus,zsotack out with knee,declan is fit to play have been told at training tonight.ostrum signed new deal tonight.no jarrad due to work.thats it david.
Posted Image

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

Cheers barry.

#25 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

Batley deducted 3 points.

#26 ivans82

ivans82
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

lets just concentrate on beating barrow and dewsbury and then when the usual appeal drags on for weeks it doesnt affect us .

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

that should be us safe now, massive incentive for the barrow game, if we win it will take something very big from the bulldogs to catch us. and losing them 3 points will dishearten them for there derby against dewsbury

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#28 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

I hope the team aren't thinking on your lines wonky because I can see the Dogs players going out with points (sorry about the pun!!) to prove.   We still need at least 4 points from our last 3 games to be certain as they could get 44 points with 3 wins and their points difference is better than ours.   Don't forget our last game is with their neighbours who once safe won't want to lose them from their derby games.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#29 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

We beat barrow and batley fail to win we are safe.

#30 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

We beat barrow and batley fail to win we are safe.

Correct but we have to assume the Dogs could win all 3 games until they lose one.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

We just need to forget everything else and concentrate on our own business . Sunday is a cup final and I'm sure we've tunnel vision for that .
After that , try and beat Dewsbury and attain the best you can . No doubt that's the message being drummed in . Win two games and tie the season off well

#32 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 705 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

I dont care if we win 1-0 or 100-0 we just NEED to win! Aslong as we win!

Dont take this game lightly!

Come on Town!!

#33 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

I wasn't meaning to sound over confident, but 4 points is all that's needed from our 2 home games. I have every confidence in our boys that we can obtain that. And if you read the dewsburys players comments there more than happy to send batley down. Huge day on Sunday now.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#34 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Terrible error that when you think about it , should never happen with such seemingly straight forward regs

#35 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

We are relegating 5 teams this year because we are introducing a new system next season which sees the top Championship team (plus 3 others) with less money, playing the 9th SL team (and 3 others) to decide which teams go in to SL the following season.

So, what was wrong with only relegating 4 teams direct and the 10th team play the top team from Championship 1 for the last place in the relegated 5 (it would be either 5 relegated or no-one promoted in this case)?    I think that would have been a much fairer system to decide this matter. As it stands a team could be relegated with 42/44 points which last season would have been good enough for 6th position in the league table.

Edited by Keith T, 15 August 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#36 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

Correct but we have to assume the Dogs could win all 3 games until they lose one.

yes I agree Keith. We need a big effort as there is no pressure on barrow. Given the dogs injury list and current form it doesn't look good but you never know .I see the dogs v rams is 2pm ko

Edited by town4me, 15 August 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#37 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Batley match kicks-off at 3pm, it's the Sheffield v Haven game that's a 2.00pm kick-off.

#38 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Batley match kicks-off at 3pm, it's the Sheffield v Haven game that's a 2.00pm kick-off.

love rugby league website says dogs v rams is 2pm ko.

#39 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

love rugby league website says dogs v rams is 2pm ko.

Batley website says 3.00pm

#40 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Yeah , one did say two , but boots n all said three as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users