15/08/14 - Salford Red Devils v Catalan Dragons KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,656 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Discuss Salford Red Devils v Catalan Dragons here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

Cats could find it tough Salford by 12

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

I'll say Cats by 6, but it could go either way.

#4 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

Depends on whether the sickness affecting Salford has had any impact, it seems there have been allsorts going on including mumps!

#5 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

With HKR drawing tonight (effectively losing a point as they should have had the game in the bag) Catalan need one of their best away performances to get anything from Salford. I'll go for a Catalan win by 10 points.

#6 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

Cats are flattered by the final score, looked poor for much of the game, some interesting play for Salford.

The chase by Morley to haul down  break away was worth going for !!

#7 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

According to the BBC, in the region of 6,000 spectators which seems a pretty decent effort given the likely minimal numbers of Cats fans. 

#8 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

Cats are flattered by the final score, looked poor for much of the game, some interesting play for Salford.

The chase by Morley to haul down  break away was worth going for !!

The Morley chase and clattering of the Cats player on the breakaway was a definite highlight.

Salford seemed to sleepwalk through parts of the game tonight yet still looked comfortable. Not sure if Chase picked up a knock but he seemed to be playing at half speed through most of the last quarter. Even so, the result never looked in doubt and you got the impression Salford could score at will if the game got any closer.

Not sure why Catalans have so much trouble playing away. A first round exit and probably a real drubbing in the playoffs beckons if they play anything like they did tonight. If Hull KR can pip Hull in the derby next week, Cats may not make even make it to the playoffs yet.

#9 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

According to the BBC, in the region of 6,000 spectators which seems a pretty decent effort given the likely minimal numbers of Cats fans. 

I'd be amazed if that was the figure. It seemed about half as full as for the Leeds game which was only about 5,000.

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

I'd be amazed if that was the figure. It seemed about half as full as for the Leeds game which was only about 5,000.

The Leeds figure didn't seem right to me.

#11 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

The Leeds figure didn't seem right to me.

I agree, I thought it would have been similar to the opening day's attendance against Wakey which was 7,000 or so. Thought it seemed the fullest the ground has been this season.

#12 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

I follow Catalans - particularly when they play in the UK and try to get to support them in the UK whenever possible. This season I've yet to see them win - they've been close a couple of times and if they'd started to play earlier in those games they could have won, but in other games they've been completely dire. Yet at home I've seen them play and been one of the most exciting RL teams to watch particularly if Escare and Pellisier ore on form. Very frustrating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users