TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

15/08/14 - St Helens v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Discuss St Helens v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

Saints by 6

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

Saints by 18+.

#4 Rioman

Rioman
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

Wakefield by 4

#5 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

We can win this...... I hope :)
Posted Image

#6 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

I'm sayin nothin

#7 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

Great applause for Lee Gilmour's try from Saints fans and a spirited effort from Wakefield. 

#8 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

Wakey lack grunt up front.  If they fix that for next season then they should have a decent 2015.

As for Saints, I had no idea what to expect from this match as I had no idea who Brown would field in the respective injury hit positions.  We really got it together in the second half and if we can keep our remaining players fit - although of course Wheeler is now injured - then we may have a chance, although I do appreciate that Wakey lack grunt up front and so others will present a sterner test for us.

I was proud of the effort the lads put in tonight though given the fundamental changes that have had to take place virtually overnight.

#9 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 554 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

With Wakefield releasing players out of contract and allowing others to have end of season surgery the team looked even more depleted than usual.  

Taking nothing away from Saints but it was a good time to play Wakefield.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#10 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

With Wakefield releasing players out of contract and allowing others to have end of season surgery the team looked even more depleted than usual.  

Taking nothing away from Saints but it was a good time to play Wakefield.

I'm sure we appreciate your selflessness! :D

#11 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 681 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

Taking nothing away from Saints but it was a good time to play Wakefield.

😁

#12 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

Sainslass,
You hit the nail on the head, we lack grunt up front.

Last night from the players who'll still be here next year we had Ryan, Scruton, Dan Smith and Godinet unavailable through injury. The first three are all big blokes who bring some of the grunt we were missing, we've also allowed Richard Moore to leave early.

James Webster has spoken of our inability to lay a platform for our half backs and strike players and his thoughts are reflected in our recruitment.
Next season we've also signed Mickael Simon from Catalan Dragons who's a big, damaging robust prop forward. There are rumours that we've also signed a number of other players including Julian Bousquet, Micky Paeya and Fui Fui Moi Moi.

We'll be significantly bigger up front next year and with Sammut, Godinet, Jowitt, Collis, Hall and possibly Tim Smith in the backs we will be far more competitive.

#13 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:49 PM

If Moi Moi signs for Wakefield I'll jump into the Headingley south stand wearing a Tomkins Wigan shirt.

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

Is Max Jowitt, who made his debut for Wakefield, the first "Super League baby"? His date of birth is listed as 06/05/1997.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

Jordan Crowther played in about the 5th game of the season against Wigan, his DOB: 19.02.1997

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Jordan Crowther played in about the 5th game of the season against Wigan, his DOB: 19.02.1997

Ahh right, cheers.

Any advance on Crowther?

I wondered about Leeds' Elliot Minchella but he was born Jan 1996 according to his Rhinos profile.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users