TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

The last Hurrah to continue Bulls 18 Hull 10

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

The last Hurrah to continue Bulls 18 Hull 10

Seconded.

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

Thirded

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Yeah I can see us winning this actually - probably won't be pretty though, neither team have set the world alight this season. Although I am attending this one - couldn't make the last two - so maybe I'm a jinx and we'll start losing again!

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#6 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

Feel we may well nick this one as we seem to have a bit of momentum. Famous last words?

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#7 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

Not said this for a while but I'm very optimistic about Hull's chances in this one.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#8 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

Dave, you're such a jinx. Never be optimistic again!

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#9 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Joe Arundel 2 tries, deserve all you get to be honest.

#10 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Not said this for a while but I'm very optimistic about Hull's chances in this one.

You spoke far too soon. terrible season for Hull.

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

Not a great game, dominated by a strong wind blowing straight down the pitch all game and driving rain in the first half . Hull had advantage of the wind  in the first half, and were the better team; Bradford reciprocated in the second half.

To tell the truth, neither team looked desperate to win.

The funniest aspect was seeing about a thousand people wearing the white weather capes given out to fans.

#12 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Attached File  WP_000378 odsal capes.jpg   162.93KB   10 downloads

#13 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

Dave, you're such a jinx. Never be optimistic again!

Not only that, we got stuck on the M62 due to an accident and didn't get there until 20 minutes after the game had started.

Unfortunately there was a turnstile still open.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#14 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Lovely photo - Odsal is just brilliant on these balmy summer days. ;)

#15 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

Not a great game, dominated by a strong wind blowing straight down the pitch all game and driving rain in the first half . Hull had advantage of the wind  in the first half, and were the better team; Bradford reciprocated in the second half.

To tell the truth, neither team looked desperate to win.

The funniest aspect was seeing about a thousand people wearing the white weather capes given out to fans.

That was quite a comical sight, especially when people started discarding them and the wind caught hold of them. It was like some spooky pitch invasion.

#16 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

Looked like a KKK convention at the start of the match. Weather had a big say in the game, but not the outcome. Thought we were the better side all round even though we were much lighter in the pack.

FC lacked desire. Thought Houghton was stand out for them.

Any thoughts on the build up to the Ellis try where the ball didn't go 10yds as it blew back from the KO, yet Hicks ruled it had gone 10yds in the air?
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#17 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

Looked like a KKK convention at the start of the match. Weather had a big say in the game, but not the outcome. Thought we were the better side all round even though we were much lighter in the pack.

FC lacked desire. Thought Houghton was stand out for them.

Any thoughts on the build up to the Ellis try where the ball didn't go 10yds as it blew back from the KO, yet Hicks ruled it had gone 10yds in the air?

I couldn't be sure but it looked like Hicks had got that right to me and the ball had travelled the required ten metres before being blown back.

#18 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

Its difficult to know where to start. Non-existent right hand side defence, woefully ambitious offloads under no pressure, lamentable kicking game & a coach so clearly lacking ideas and ability its an embarrassment. And while we're at it, who from the management at Hull FC thought it would be a great idea to give our loanees (Pitts, Arundel) the freedom to play against us?

Fair play to Bradford, they wanted it more, played the conditions well & once in front had excellent game management.

An awful season from us. Mediocrity punctuated with moments of pure garbage. Didn't agree with Radford as coach, but was prepared to back him but he's served up tripe week in, week out. I don't buy the "transition season" & "clearing out the dead wood" either. This is the man who (allegedly) led the mutiny against Gentle with the claim that he could do much better. Well Lee, we have our answer now, don't we?

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,956 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

Has Richard Whiting become another victim of Radford's influence? Up until recently, If he'd had a bit of pace I would have classed him as one of the most complete players I've seen.

Now he looks one of the worst players I've seen, his defence has disappeared.

At the start of the season, if you'd asked any Hull fan whether they'd have Whiting or Arundel in the team and you'd have only got one answer.

Now you'd probably only get one answer but it'd be different.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#20 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

Actually I thought this game was pretty enjoyable, but then I would say that. Thought we played some pretty good stuff – always easier when the pressure is off – and scored some exciting tries. I agree, we did control the game well when we went ahead and made the most of the opportunities we created, I don’t think you could say the same for Hull. In the opening half hour they could have killed the game off and never got close to doing so. A few people around me were questioning just why Hull persist with Radford, and I have to say I agree. At the moment, it’s not hard to see these two teams meeting again in the middle 8 next year unless something changes at the KC.

As for us, well it’s just good to enjoy watching RL again – players seem to be enjoying it too.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users