TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

3 point deduction.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

Down we go then.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

3 points behind Whitehaven, 6 behind Workington and 7 behind Keighley.

Dewsbury and Doncaster still to play and Whitehaven with only one game (Sheffield) that I would personally think they could struggle to win. Even a BP there could be enough for them though.

The deduction is nothing more than I expected or than we deserve, but struggling to realistically see how we are going to stay up now sadly.

Anyone know any decent pubs in Hemel Hempstead....

#3 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

Down we go then.

Self inflicted im afraid nobody to blame but ourselves . There isn't 3 wins in this lot . Time to re build for next season . Game over . Most important season for years and we make a mess from start to finish . Utterly shambolic
Posted Image

#4 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Down and out through a failure by the coach and the board to do not only the simple things right but bad player recruitment, bad descitions by Kear and a slow to react board of directors to the obviose threat of relegation.

#5 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

I wouldn't be too downhearted yet. I think you have been quite lucky only getting a 3 point deduction. A win against us on Sunday puts you back in it.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#6 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

6 would be worse.
Theres a glimmer of hope surely.

Note to myself review this post Sunday 530pm

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#7 Supertyke

Supertyke
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

Oh come on people, these games still have to be played. Otherwise we might as well just give up and not play them.... we can still beat most teams in the division on a good day, but not with such negativity flying around...

A RUGBY LEAGUE EXILE

#8 batley paul

batley paul
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

Has anyone on here stopped to think how the players must feel reading some of the comments of so called "fans".How is It supposed to make them feel, when the fans are slagging them off? Not wanting to perform ,that is for sure.
This season has been hard, a catalogue of errors starting with the betting scandal. The club has made mistakes with recruitment and some of the signings have been poor. The Dr system is a joke, the loan system is also laughable.
Surely now, with the points deduction,we must all stick together and try to get something from the season.On the points deduction why does the points have to come off this season? Weren't Bradford deducted points this season, on something that happened last season?
Stranger things have happened, and although it does look grim lets keep the faith!

#9 Battler

Battler
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

Well time to re-build for next season i think.

But the first thing we must do is tell Huddersfield and the RFL to stick their dual registration where the sun doesn't shine.

If the RFL do insist on using the DR system then they need to look at the rules very carefully.If a player is DR'd with another club then said player should not be allowed to be loaned out to any other club which is what happened with Jacob Fairbank thus he only played one game for us b4 the deadline.

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Has anyone on here stopped to think how the players must feel reading some of the comments of so called "fans".How is It supposed to make them feel, when the fans are slagging them off? Not wanting to perform ,that is for sure.
This season has been hard, a catalogue of errors starting with the betting scandal. The club has made mistakes with recruitment and some of the signings have been poor. The Dr system is a joke, the loan system is also laughable.
Surely now, with the points deduction,we must all stick together and try to get something from the season.On the points deduction why does the points have to come off this season? Weren't Bradford deducted points this season, on something that happened last season?
Stranger things have happened, and although it does look grim lets keep the faith!

The players will be hurting, until they jump ship for the biggest offer.

Not much loyalty in modern semi-pro RL im afraid.

#11 batley paul

batley paul
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

The players will be hurting, until they jump ship for the biggest offer.

Not much loyalty in modern semi-pro RL im afraid.

#12 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Well time to re-build for next season i think.

But the first thing we must do is tell Huddersfield and the RFL to stick their dual registration where the sun doesn't shine.

If the RFL do insist on using the DR system then they need to look at the rules very carefully.If a player is DR'd with another club then said player should not be allowed to be loaned out to any other club which is what happened with Jacob Fairbank thus he only played one game for us b4 the deadline.

Batley can refuse to DR if they want to and a DR player can only go to another club if the DR clubs both agree with it

#13 batley paul

batley paul
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

Perfectly true, im afarid to say. Speaking of money, what happened to the money from the final and the money from the Saints friendly? Surely there was some to pay for better players?

#14 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Perfectly true, im afarid to say. Speaking of money, what happened to the money from the final and the money from the Saints friendly? Surely there was some to pay for better players?

Ive heard theres a sizeable sum in BISSA too - the mind boggles over our odd recruitment this year.

#15 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

The best Batley could have have hoped for. First job for Batley next season read and understand the rules of the competition.

Doncaster have also been given a 3 point deduction and will be appealing. I am assuming this appeal will not affect Batley's points deduction. 

Got to expect(with the way the seasons gone) Whitehaven to win at Sheffield with Sheffield getting the bonus point so basically its win or relegation for Batley on Sunday. 

Edited by bulldogtrev, 15 August 2014 - 02:08 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#16 Battler

Battler
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

Don't we get a boat load of money for getting relegated? LMFAO.

On a serious note tho our crowds are not the greatest and i'm afraid next season will be worse.

There will be the die-hards amongst us but unfortunately there will be very little if any away support from a lot of the other clubs in Championship 1.

I reiterate that i find it appaling that in a professional sport the gouverning body has decided that 35.7% of teams in a league will be relegated.All they are concerned about are their precious "Big boys" in Super League.

One thing is for sure i will not miss the S**t hole that Sheffield have been allowed to play at and i will not miss looking at a certain coaches morngy face twice during the season.

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

a DR player can only go to another club if the DR clubs both agree with it

Not strictly correct.   Hopkins went from Leigh to Wigan who are DR'd with Town.   He played one game for Town under the DR system and when Leigh found out they invoked a condition of the transfer to Wigan that if he went out on "loan" it had to be to Leigh, so Town never saw him again.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

Ive heard theres a sizeable sum in BISSA too - the mind boggles over our odd recruitment this year.

Even though we have relatively poor gates (800 average), that still makes for a reasonable revenue. Add in our seemingly lucrative bars and food concessions - plus the income highlighted by BatleyPaul and yourself, and I have to wonder why our recruitment was so underwhelming. Sam Scott was the only proven, 'at his peak' Championship player we signed!

Posted Image

#19 batley paul

batley paul
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

In English!!? And another example of what an absolute joke DR has become.People are just getting sick and tired of the Rfl and turning away from the sport. In a worst case scenario Batleys probable relegation could see the end of the club, all for a mistake, admittedly by the club itself, on a situation where every one has confusion. Butit will be interesting to see how the RFL deal with Widnes and the crowd trouble, where the evidence is there for all to see.

#20 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Nick07 the bar at Hemel has some good beers at reasonable prices. Battler wait till you see whitebank tho the fans are more friendly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users