Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

3 point deduction.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Nick07 the bar at Hemel has some good beers at reasonable prices. Battler wait till you see whitebank tho the fans are more friendly

Edited by Progman, 15 August 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#22 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

think you have been lucky here you lost the 3 points that you got from the game where fairbanks played

Donny have lost the 1 point from the game @ cougars plus another 2 points as well

I struggle to see how the RFL deem this as fair

and yes the outcome of the game does have a bearing on this as the out come of the game effects league position 

#23 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

think you have been lucky here you lost the 3 points that you got from the game where fairbanks played
Donny have lost the 1 point from the game @ cougars plus another 2 points as well
and yes the outcome of the game does have a bearing on this as the out come of the game effects league position

Aye, if they'd deducted us some more points you'd be safe now, eh?

#24 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Stop whingeing. Youll stay up anyway as we arent good enough. You'll beat Sheffield and Dewsbury will beat us, then its all over bar a mathematical miracle.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#25 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Aye, if they'd deducted us some more points you'd be safe now, eh?

listen its not about you going down or us staying up its about the rules, and you must admit  however you look at it Donny have had 2 points taken away from them that were gained in a match where everyone was ok to play.

#26 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

listen its not about you going down or us staying up its about the rules, and you must admit however you look at it Donny have had 2 points taken away from them that were gained in a match where everyone was ok to play.

What an absolute dullard you are.

Posted Image

#27 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

What an absolute dullard you are.

thanks for the well thought out reasoned response, look at those running your club.At least i knew the rules 

#28 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

thanks for the well thought out reasoned response, look at those running your club.At least i knew the rules

The fact that you are an astonishingly boring dullard who has spent every day on this forum over the last few weeks endlessly quoting the rule book has nothing to do with the people who made the error in question. I'm not sure why you chose to link the two? The fact that you've now reappeared to bicker over the severity of the punishment handed down also makes you an absolute pedant - at best.

Edited by TheTerminator, 15 August 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Posted Image

#29 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Both clubs committed the same offence, both clubs got the same punishment quite simple really

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#30 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

I wouldn't say Batley are lucky they have lost 3 points and are in danger of relegation If the rules say you loose 3 points for fielding a player that's not allowed that is what they have got like Doncaster nothing to do with if they won the match or not If anything Batley and Donny are unlucky because had it been in S\L they would of probably been deducted the points next year

Hope you can win all your remaining games Batley your a good club with honest RL fans and as a Fev fan love coming up to the mount to play against you

#31 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

The fact that you are an astonishingly boring dullard who has spent every day on this forum over the last few weeks endlessly quoting the rule book has nothing to do with the people who made the error in question. I'm not sure why you chose to link the two? The fact that you've now reappeared to bicker over the severity of the punishment handed down also makes you an absolute pedant - at best.

if you read again i am not complaining about the severity or asking for it increased, if you loose 3 then donny should only loose 1 simple really 

#32 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

if you read again i am not complaining about the severity or asking for it increased, if you loose 3 then donny should only loose 1 simple really

So if Donny had lost they should of not been punished for breaking the rules

#33 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Both clubs committed the same offence so the same punishment should be handed out. As has been done.

#34 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

So if Donny had lost they should of not been punished for breaking the rules

I think that's what he's saying. Stupidity of the highest order. Anyway, we shouldn't encourage him. It'll only result in more lengthy, boring posts attempting to explain his baffling position.

Posted Image

#35 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

it really is simple you are now no worse off then you would have been if you had got beat or the game hadnt been played, in fact with points difference you are still slightly better off than both the above.Where as Donny a worse off despite getting beat .
It should have been all points gained from both Batley and Donny games removed , then punishment decided

Edited by haven4ever, 15 August 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#36 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

it really is simple you are now no worse off then you would have been if you had got beat or the game hadnt been played, in fact with points difference you are still slightly better off than both the above.Where as Donny a worse off despite getting beat .
It should have been all points gained from both Batley and Donny games removed , then punishment decided

Here's the email address you need to contact if you feel the need to complain; ralphtherimmer@rfl.co.uk
No-one here cares what you think.

Posted Image

#37 legin

legin
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

So you think Batley should have six point reduction . and Doncaster four ?  Three for wrongdoing and match points gained in respective games ?

The law they broke was  playing an 'illegal' D/R player  .  the match result was nothing to do with this action as both players had played for clubs before just not played 

the minimum games  RL rules say they needed to  ...

IMHO

#38 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

listen its not about you going down or us staying up its about the rules, and you must admit  however you look at it Donny have had 2 points taken away from them that were gained in a match where everyone was ok to play.

So, a few years ago when Wigan breached the salary cap rules, were they deducted the whole season's points because of the advantage they gained in all games?

#39 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

It really is a shame this has happened to you, massively unfair on the fans and team that an admin error has screwed you over. But at the same time I feel relief because it makes it more probable my team will stay up, and I'm afraid this season that's all that matters. Should the worst happen and you do get relegated then hopefully for your case its not too destructive and it can be used as a rebuilding season. Good luck for the future.

#40 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

It's not over yet,let's not admit defeat,got 3 games to go let's get behind the lads for one last push,there are some clowns in here haven4ever you know nothing about how the rfl works and we should have been punished more severely due to winning and donny losing,but donny gain more still in 4th place which will be worth more money when season finishes if stay there if we stay up and finish 9th we would get less money and no play offs