3 point deduction.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

if you had not replaced the majority of your GF team with mediocre replacements and gambled on the DR lottery your club would not be in the predicament they are right now. I sincerely hope that you can get out of this huge hole you are in because we love the away day at Batley, but it is going to be very very difficult.

You took exactly the same route as Hunslet and York did last season even after seeing what happened to them. 

At least you have 3 games to get yourselves out of this mess which is not impossible as both dews bury and doncaster appear to have injury crisis's as well and I would fancy you at home to swinton. Get behind your team this week !!

#42 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

It's not over yet,let's not admit defeat,got 3 games to go let's get behind the lads for one last push,there are some clowns in here haven4ever you know nothing about how the rfl works and we should have been punished more severely due to winning and donny losing,but donny gain more still in 4th place which will be worth more money when season finishes if stay there if we stay up and finish 9th we would get less money and no play offs

No, points from both games removed result from the offending team are invalid
then punish both sides the same

Edited by haven4ever, 15 August 2014 - 06:12 PM.

#43 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

if you read again i am not complaining about the severity or asking for it increased, if you loose 3 then donny should only loose 1 simple really 

Can i bum you!!!!

#44 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

No, points from both games removed result from the offending team is valid
then both puished the same

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz now bore off and concentrate on your own teams last 3 games

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#45 MICKY1920

MICKY1920
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

The Fat lady is not singing yet.

I remember when Cougars lost points and it was not the fans fault many from Batley were sympathetic and I now feel your pain for the Clubs oversight.

In reality, the Batley of recent years would not have been in the bottom of the table. I think your season has got you in this pickle. 

In any case, if the worst comes to the worst, I am dam sure you will bounce back fast. 

Where is the Internet Troll they call Piggy's mate who insults and gloats over everybody's bad luck. Bet he is quiet today. 

Visit my Rugby Video highlights page

http://www.youtube.com/user/MICKY1920

#46 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

The Fat lady is not singing yet.

I remember when Cougars lost points and it was not the fans fault many from Batley were sympathetic and I now feel your pain for the Clubs oversight.

In reality, the Batley of recent years would not have been in the bottom of the table. I think your season has got you in this pickle.

In any case, if the worst comes to the worst, I am dam sure you will bounce back fast.

Where is the Internet Troll they call Piggy's mate who insults and gloats over everybody's bad luck. Bet he is quiet today.

Shes already got the microphone in her hand.

If we had another half back id have more optimism, but we dont and with no Paterson will have Faal or Martin back at centre, both of whom arent even national conference standard.

Game over for us.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#47 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

Gareth Walker @garethwalker13 5m

Spoken to Kevin Nicholas at Batley. While he stressed they are focusing on Sunday's match with Dewsbury, they will also appeal 3pt deduction

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#48 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Course you will kev whilst giving us more hope that just dwindles away.

I used to swear by your robust and sensible approach to keeping my club in order

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#49 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

What an absolute dullard you are.

most fans say things like that to haven4ever on all the forums he goes on.atleast he is consistent lol.

Edited by town4me, 15 August 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#50 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

most fans say things like that to haven4ever on all the forums he goes on.atleast he is consistent lol.

wondered when you would show up, still waiting for my regular sunday night PM from last week,,,,sorry thats right you got beat.
look i will explain this in terms even you understand

all batley have lost is the 3 points they obtained illegally by playing some one who was not allowed to play,no other punishment
Donny have lost the 1 point they obtained illegally plus another 2 on top of that.

however you try to dress that up it is wrong

Edited by haven4ever, 15 August 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#51 Battler

Battler
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

if you had not replaced the majority of your GF team with mediocre replacements and gambled on the DR lottery your club would not be in the predicament they are right now. I sincerely hope that you can get out of this huge hole you are in because we love the away day at Batley, but it is going to be very very difficult.

You took exactly the same route as Hunslet and York did last season even after seeing what happened to them. 

At least you have 3 games to get yourselves out of this mess which is not impossible as both dews bury and doncaster appear to have injury crisis's as well and I would fancy you at home to swinton. Get behind your team this week !!

With respect Deano44 you need to get your facts right first.

We did not replace the majority of our GF team.Most-if not all-of them had already signed for other clubs well before we even got to the Grand final..

Another thing the RFL should look at.That other clubs cannot approach players half way through a season.

#52 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

wondered when you would show up, still waiting for my regular sunday night PM from last week,,,,sorry thats right you got beat.

all batley have lost is the 3 points they obtained illegally by playing some one who was not allowed to play,no other punishment
Donny have lost the 1 point they obtained illegally plus another 2 on top of that.

thanks for the reply. You had cut all ties with me when town went above haven in the league. Yes they have broke the rules but their fans seem to have accepted it.end of.

Edited by town4me, 15 August 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#53 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

if you read again i am not complaining about the severity or asking for it increased, if you loose 3 then donny should only loose 1 simple really

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#54 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

I think the key word is simple. And you fit the bill admirably haven.
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#55 From the South

From the South
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

Perhaps you have a point, however can you point out any previous case whereby a team has been deducted points in a similar situation that takes into consideration the result of the match in question.

Last year Salford won a game when they played with 14 players on the pitch at one point, what was their penalty, a two point deduction, they didn't lose the two points they received for winning the game and a further penalty for the infringement, they lost two points.

In football it is the same, look at these examples of points deductions in recent years

http://www.footballs...idYouKnow29.htm

In no case where the deduction is for fielding an ineligible player is the result of the match taken into consideration where the penalty is concerned.

If you can find one occasion in professional RL in Britain, in a league match, where the result is considered and the penalty specifically states the result of the match is taken into consideration in deciding the penalty, please post it, if not just stop posting the same thing over and over again.

Edited by From the South, 15 August 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#56 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 993 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

Can i bum you!!!!

:laugh:

#57 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

Can i bum you!!!!

So is that a no then, i'll settle for a quick fisting session, if youre a bit shy you can keep your shoes and socks on.

#58 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

With respect Deano44 you need to get your facts right first.

We did not replace the majority of our GF team.Most-if not all-of them had already signed for other clubs well before we even got to the Grand final..

Another thing the RFL should look at.That other clubs cannot approach players half way through a season.

whether they signed elsewhere or not.....you still replaced them with mediocre players.

#59 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

hm......maybe Doncaster should of "cheated" better and won ?.....it would have solved the problem wouldnt it ...

#60 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

whether they signed elsewhere or not.....you still replaced them with mediocre players.

we’ve had " mediocre " players before, and turned them into good players, this time it didn’t work, given Batleys budget it would have been difficult to replace the exiting 11 players with even better players than the GF team....IMO i think we relied too much on filling gaps with DR players, and that turned out to be our downfall.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users