TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Accountability

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 RogerT

RogerT
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

I hope your right Coolie, but whether or not we win I will still be there next year.

Cheers Roger.

#42 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

A very good post & summary DF. I would just like to add another word to your long list -WHY?

Why, you say? My guess would be they did it on purpose, I'll bet the club had several meetings over many long hours to decide exactly what they could do to make sure everything that could go wrong did.  :tease:

Why do you reckon they made mistakes? 

Edited by DOGFATHER, 17 August 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#43 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

Why, you say? My guess would be they did it on purpose, I'll bet the club had several meetings over many long hours to decide exactly what they could do to make sure everything that could go wrong did. :tease:

Why do you reckon they made mistakes?

Ineptitude and incompetence of a staggering level?

Posted Image

#44 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

As I posted on another thread DF, interesting comment from the Chairman in his programme notes today:

"After 17 years as Chairman maybe it's 'taxi for Nicholas.'

#45 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

Who else is going to step in and put the money and time in to the club? I might have missed something, but I haven't heard of anyone wanting to take over, have you?

What was stated in the programme, I didn't buy one, could you enlighten me?

Edited by DOGFATHER, 17 August 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#46 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

Who else is going to step in and put the money and time in to the club? I might have missed something, but I haven't heard of anyone wanting to take over, have you?

What was stated in the programme, I didn't buy one, could you enlighten me?

Well, the club hasn't been for sale in 17 years. If it was for sale, I'm sure there would be a number of interested parties. Batley Bulldogs RLFC would be an excellent project for the right person with the right amount of money.
I didn't buy a programme. I attempted to at around 1430, but was told that the club had only ordered 150 copies which had all been sold.

Posted Image

#47 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

Ineptitude and incompetence of a staggering level?

Yeah I reckon that would just about cover it. But before we write them off let's see how they put right what went wrong this season.

But it ain't about how hard you're hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Edited by DOGFATHER, 17 August 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#48 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

I read the programme notes today. Nicholas has done a fine job for The Dogs over the years. It would be a  shame if he went.

#49 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Well, the club hasn't been for sale in 17 years. If it was for sale, I'm sure there would be a number of interested parties. Batley Bulldogs RLFC would be an excellent project for the right person with the right amount of money.
I didn't buy a programme. I attempted to at around 1430, but was told that the club had only ordered 150 copies which had all been sold.

If it was for sale, I hope you are right. Personally, I just don't see it.

#50 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Just the lowest point in 17 years as Chairman. I think maybe it is too much to run the Club with the requirements of the current game, and run a profession, on a solo basis. Maybe it is time to have conversations with some of his contacts with a view to either beefing up the Board for additional support, or hand it over to new blood, but still retain an interest .

#51 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 698 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

I read the programme notes today. Nicholas has done a fine job for The Dogs over the years. It would be a shame if he went.

+1

#52 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

If it was for sale, I hope you are right. Personally, I just don't see it.

I'm not so sure. Dewsbury have at least four or five directors who are, it would appear, able to invest money when necessary. For example, they doubled their playing staff budget this season to guarantee a spot in next season's financial jamboree. People with money do seem to be out there - they just haven't landed on our doorstep. Why, I just don't know?

Posted Image

#53 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

Just the lowest point in 17 years as Chairman. I think maybe it is too much to run the Club with the requirements of the current game, and run a profession, on a solo basis. Maybe it is time to have conversations with some of his contacts with a view to either beefing up the Board for additional support, or hand it over to new blood, but still retain an interest .

But thats not Kevin and how he works, he wants 100% total control over everything, he wouldn't work with anyone, he has to be pulling the strings, its his toy and nobody else is invited to play.

#54 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

They were snapped up as mementos by Dewsbury fans in case we don't see another for a few years.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#55 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

They were snapped up as mementos by Dewsbury fans in case we don't see another for a few years.

Oh, I think you might, BSJ.

#56 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

............and maybe that has been the problem this season, when clearly additional resources and expertise have been required to remain in the Championship fold and compete for the 'spoils' next season.

#57 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'm not so sure. Dewsbury have at least four or five directors who are, it would appear, able to invest money when necessary. For example, they doubled their playing staff budget this season to guarantee a spot in next season's financial jamboree. People with money do seem to be out there - they just haven't landed on our doorstep. Why, I just don't know?

As I say I hope you are right. 

#58 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Thanks BD, much appreciated.

Both running a club and running a business are full time jobs, so hopefully we can get some new board members to help out or a complete takeover, by someone who can invest more time to running the club. I just hope they are capable and have the club at heart.

#59 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall that KN said before the start of the season that Batley's budget was based on a number of projections, which included a gross attendance of 14,000 for your home league games. At the time I thought this might be a bit ambitious and just may account for some of the recent difficulties in recruitment.

I smy memory fooling me or was this the case?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#60 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

There's always a chance we could meet in the challenge cup!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users