TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

game day change

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

I think that would be more to do with curiosity than the price.

#42 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

i loved the ashton era . but that was before televised premiership football , and the mass of other sports now concentrated on sunday afternoons . it was also before all day drinking laws came in and there still was that hope of promotion . all these things contribute to falling gates .thats why i would try friday nights .

I can't understand people wanting to sit in a pub looking at a screen when they can go see live sport.

#43 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

I think that would be more to do with curiosity than the price.

You could be right, you could be wrong. But one thing is for sure. Make it more affordable and peole will come.

#44 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

Initially but if the product is ###### they won't keep coming.

#45 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

Initially but if the product is ###### they won't keep coming.

That is true, thankfully we won and played well so hopfully they will come back.

Maybe cheaper season tickets are another option then at least the club has the money

#46 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

Only time will tell. Unfortunately supporters are very fickle so you can spend weeks building it and one poor performance and it drops back down. But the reds should win more than they lose this year.

#47 bomberisgod

bomberisgod
  • Coach
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

I remember going to play HKR in a friendly at Galashiels and we took 15 coachloads. I've never seen a beer tent so busy!!!!!!!

i remember thatone k.t,pre lambrini days ofcourse...i was drinking white lightning then.

Edited by bomberisgod, 23 August 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#48 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

I can remember when I 1sf started to go to derwent park, I would have been 7 in the 92 season and I got a season ticket and supporters badge from school for £5 and the season after £10. Now I know all the junior season tickets wouldn't add up to a big value but if a child gets a ticket then a parent would have to take them so that could be an extra person through the gates, and also it's creating a fan base for the future. I went down and was instantly hooked, and have been ever since. Kids are the future and the more the merrier on a Sunday afternoon.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#49 Worky

Worky
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

As a loyal part timer. I usually get to 5 or 6 games a season when visiting family in Cumbria. If you moved it to a Friday night then I wouldn’t be able to see a game without taking a day off work.

Agree that watching a big game under flood lights would be great for the atmosphere but unless one of you can PM me with a Oracle / SQLServer or PRINCE2 job back in Cumbria, I’m hoping Town generally stay with the Sunday afternoon fixtures.

#50 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

I don't think it's the price that put kids off it's the product. The bottom line is at the moment kids want to watch super league and not the level that Town are currently playing at.

Edited by GeordieTownie, 23 August 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#51 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

Anyone notice in the T & S this week an advert by Haven for 2adults and 2 kids ticket £18 for the Rochdale match?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#52 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

I noticed on the star website that haven play Leigh next Sunday ... Good job Leigh have a big squad !

#53 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

Anyone notice in the T & S this week an advert by Haven for 2adults and 2 kids ticket £18 for the Rochdale match?

good idea. Would be nice if we done something similar for the Dewsbury game, now there's nothing really riding on it, it would be nice to see the lads get a great send off on our own patch.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#54 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Sure would . Good crowd and us finally unshackling and putting a team to bed . Always something to play for and giving yourself a goal , and now it's finishing as high as possible . Leigh is mainly about preserving as much of our points difference as we can , so that if we were only to get a point against dewsbury we stay ahead of haven if they win both theirs . But beating dews and nailing 7th at worst will be our main goal . Small things in the grand scheme , but goals which add to the motivation and tie things up well . I'm sure we will , I can see us finishing on a high there

Edited by DavidM, 23 August 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#55 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

At Donny a kid got in free with every adult. I had two kids with me and the girl on the ticket office said I.all put the other kid down to a random bloke next to me. So all three of us got in for £13.didn't help the attendance tho did it?

#56 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

I think we put too much emphasis on price. If the product is right people will come regardless.

#57 Anonymouse

Anonymouse
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

also many kids that play the game are often playing in the youth leagues on Sundays and they have meals and stuff in the home teams club after matches so it rules out interested Rugby League Youths (and their spectating parents and friends  etc ) from attending many Championship games .They also often play mid week too or friday nights .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users