It's match day!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

Looking forward to what should be a 'cracker' today. There have been some great matches this season and a lot of effort and commitment shown by a good and enthusiastic set of lads and I wouldn't have missed supporting them for 'the world'.

COME ON THE YEDS!!    

#2 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

A good chance to show how much we have improved since they managed a draw earlier in the season.

#3 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

Win your next 2 games and your 2nd, that means you play Hunslet at your place in the play offs, good luck.

#4 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 661 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

Really enjoyed the game today. Not been able to get down much this season, work Sundays. A bit blustery and one spell of rain early on made viewing a bit brisk. Maybe those who attend regularly can confirm or otherwise, but I thought we won without really breaking into a sweat. Which, to my mind, bodes well for the play offs. We should have plenty more in the tank against hunslet at home, should we win the last two games.

#5 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

C'mon Oldham, win your last two games, please.
Posted Image

#6 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

What a good performance today, sound in defence and in attack. Well done to the lads.

Something that does stand out this season is, that whatever the difficulties are with the Whitebank ground, the players really enjoy being in close proximity to their fans who give them that 'lift' when they need it. This was certainly endorsed by the comments made by Phil Joy and George Tyson in the post-match interviews. As a fan who supports the team home and away I'm not surprised - there is no atmosphere at many of the grounds, as they share facilities with other sporting organisations and have running tracks around them. So it's a 'chicken and egg' scenario - support the team on an old fashioned ground that has the potential to be developed once money is available or 'stay away' and lose Oldham RLFC altogether. I know what I want!      

#7 exiledyed

exiledyed
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Stay away  :P

#8 RoughyedRabbitoh

RoughyedRabbitoh
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

You do realise your depriving a village of its idiot exiledyed :onthequiet:

#9 RoughyedRabbitoh

RoughyedRabbitoh
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

The ref was an absolute prat today he must have missed half a dozen high tackles and gave our team a warning for penalties conceded.

Having said that the lads responded well and scored some class tries.Phil Joy and Tyson well worth the admission fee with their efforts Bless em!!

#10 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

Unlike

#11 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

What's that exile guy on about you have to support your team looks like where coming to your place in the playoffs see you then for a few beers and some banter

#12 exiledyed

exiledyed
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

You do realise your depriving a village of its idiot exiledyed :onthequiet:

No I am not , I live in a village and I never leave it , so leave me alone , I have some windows to lick  :blum:

#13 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

I've got to say I'd settle for sharing a sports facility like Hunslet/York/Gateshead over  Whitebank all day long.If the truth be known that place has cost Oldham more support than you can imagine.Where's your chicken and egg now.?

Daft thing is Oldham is short of a running track type facility ,where did that go.?

Edited by andykenny, 18 August 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#14 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Do you really think the players enjoy playing at Whitebank???

Im embarrassed to support ORL  - when the away fans who still travel are stood by?

As previously mentioned people no longer travel across Oldham to watch at Whitebirk.

#15 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Do you really think the players enjoy playing at Whitebank???

Im embarrassed to support ORL  - when the away fans who still travel are stood by?

As previously mentioned people no longer travel across Oldham to watch at Whitebirk.

Where's Whitebirk ?

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 RoughyedRabbitoh

RoughyedRabbitoh
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Where's Whitebirk ?

Egzackly :onthequiet:

#17 RoughyedRabbitoh

RoughyedRabbitoh
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

The grounds person at Whitebank says he has a large collection of golf balls that have strayed on our pitch if the owner or owners would like to collect them on match day.Ask at the bar thanks!!

#18 Hollinwooder

Hollinwooder
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

One ball might belong to one of the new signings. Saw him having a round the other week. If he's put his initials
on it, you'll be able to give it him back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users