Gutted

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 batley paul

batley paul
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

Gutted,angry,peed off! How can we be winning 10-0, going down the slope with that wind and balls it up? Knock on after knock on.Just awful.

#2 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Only scores available have been long range affairs from our speedsters (1 of them is leighs)
Leathetbarrow needs at least another 5 years to be anywhere near the standard required.

Enjoyed our defense and retties returns apart from that another dissapointing aft

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#3 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

they should have a bronze statue a brownie up at mount,thought the lads dug in deep but lets not forget the quality dewsbury have,tommy and tom show killed us off in last 20 but that first 40 was the best have seen us play all season,never thought we would lose downhill with a bad wind and sun in there eyes,rowe were massive today and lots of effort all over the pitch but they simply had too much for us,well done dews.

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

Only scores available have been long range affairs from our speedsters (1 of them is leighs)
Leathetbarrow needs at least another 5 years to be anywhere near the standard required.
Enjoyed our defense and retties returns apart from that another dissapointing aft

Equally gutted but think Leatherbarrow is exactly the kind of player we should be retaining and looking to develop alongside a decent stand off.

#5 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 538 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

they should have a bronze statue a brownie up at mount,thought the lads dug in deep but lets not forget the quality dewsbury have,tommy and tom show killed us off in last 20 but that first 40 was the best have seen us play all season,never thought we would lose downhill with a bad wind and sun in there eyes,rowe were massive today and lots of effort all over the pitch but they simply had too much for us,well done dews.

Well said Silverback. 

#6 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

Equally gutted but think Leatherbarrow is exactly the kind of player we should be retaining and looking to develop alongside a decent stand off.

agree as when he played along side Black he had some good games, but with Black injured has played with several different half back partners and never time to gel, so get a decent stand off beside him next season and he will do good

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#7 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Well said Silverback.

+1

#8 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

I doubt Leatherbarrow will be at the club next season. I imagine we'll release him from his contract if anyone comes sniffing around. That's the sort of club we are, never hold players back from bettering themselves.

Posted Image

#9 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

This time we after keep those players contracted those players must be made to honour there contracts .

#10 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Very disappointed but we went down with 6 mins to go from a fabulous through kick from Thackery
Thought Grady had won it for us with his fumble but fair play to him to score the winning try
Two games to go it's not looking good but let's go down fighting

#11 reg gasnier

reg gasnier
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Got to agree with 9 roller leather arrow is far too predictable alright he hasn't a 6 to play with but a great chance for a scrum half to take charge 9 times out of 10 he makes the wrong play haven't seen him all season with Batley but saw him with a six at Wigan academy know he's only young but thackery gave him a lesson today and he wasn't playing with a six

#12 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Got to agree with 9 roller leather arrow is far too predictable alright he hasn't a 6 to play with but a great chance for a scrum half to take charge 9 times out of 10 he makes the wrong play haven't seen him all season with Batley but saw him with a six at Wigan academy know he's only young but thackery gave him a lesson today and he wasn't playing with a six

Yes but both players are at different points in their career! And if Thackray didn't have a number 6 to play with, then who was that bloke with number 6 on his back. Leatherbarrow has potential and needs nurturing.

Edited by distantdog, 17 August 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#13 reg gasnier

reg gasnier
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

The man with number six on was Hemingway a stand off he isn't I've watched him most of this season today was the best I've seen him his defence is awful, and is passing almost has bad today's performance I put down to the fact pointed out on here Batley well as Blake played don't possess a true six

#14 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

The man with number six on was Hemingway a stand off he isn't I've watched him most of this season today was the best I've seen him his defence is awful, and is passing almost has bad today's performance I put down to the fact pointed out on here Batley well as Blake played don't possess a true six

The number on his back would suggest Morrison would disagree with you.

#15 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

Gutted,angry,peed off! How can we be winning 10-0, going down the slope with that wind and balls it up? Knock on after knock on.Just awful.

Yeah, that about sums it up Paul. I think Kear should go and get a pot of tea at halftime and not bother with a team talk. That's not the first time this season we have been in good position going in to the break and then totally and inexplicably fallen apart in the 2nd 40. 

Edited by DOGFATHER, 17 August 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#16 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

Yeah, that about sums it up Paul. I think Kear should go and get a pot of tea at halftime and not bother with a team talk. That's not the first time this season we have been in good position going in to the break and then totally and inexplicably fallen apart in the 2nd 40.

It's not the first time this week, to be fair.

#17 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

I wasn't too disappointed when you took advantage of Grady's fumble with six minutes to go as the match could have gone either way at that stage. To win it at the death was a bonus for us and harsh on you, but having gone ten points up with the wind and slope in your favour, your halves should have kicked us to pieces and trapped us in our own twenty. Starting sets from there for the rest of the second half, it would have been difficult to make a comeback. The Rams took advantage of Batley gifting field position through numerous knock ons.

Two to go and both "must wins" play like you did in the first half and you could still scrape home.

Good luck.

Ricochet!

#18 reg gasnier

reg gasnier
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

I think youl find he played a lot of games this season at hooker and a number of them either being subbed or coming on as sub which tells me despite giving him six he's still not convinced he's an out and out stand off

#19 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

Extended highlights: 

Hard luck yesterday. Could have gone either way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users