TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow reaction

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

A poor display by the ref who allowed barrow to slow the game down at the PTB for the full 80 minutes. However well done town. Safety assured!!

#2 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

Decent win in awful conditions refereed poorly .. Thought Barrow were ok... I've never seen a beaten player in a relegated side do a celebration for a try tho ... Barrow had so e decent players coupled with some awful ones.. Their full back for one .. Please mr vievers don't sign Liam cambell far from good enough now a days, defence is woeful... Couple of decent forwards tho we could look to pick up.. Tho Harrison was surprisingly quiet .

Olstrom, macavoy , coward were good in both attack and defence, we played some decent stuff in that wind... Lupton and forber seem to be partnering up well...

Shame that Elliot miller has rejected a contract....

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

Just totally shocked listening to that.... That's just become the story of the day .
On the whole ... Congrats on survival
On the game ... Pretty much same as every other I've watched , probably bar Fev . Some bright patches ,but overall a real struggle when it shouldn't really have been due to sloppiness and scrappiness , as PV said . You keep thinking we're gonna push on , but we never do.
As for the ref , worst and incompetent as I've seen . They lay in EVERY tackle but nothing given - but he picked us up for several things . Backhouse clearly fumbled it for the pen for their first try , and overall he was really poor and weak. They totally slowed down the ruck illegally .
They were spirited , but we should be putting these clearly to bed . Poor kick tries . Some nice tries from us , Forber , Mcavoy very strong ,Burke and Matty first half .
We look a different side with Matty on . Callum really has a lot of work to do with his game management and execution if he's to progress to the next level . PV was exasperated in the box a few times with errors . Three points and the overriding task done , really good with two tough games left - well done for this winning run which pulled us over the line . Credit to all . Need to improve from here and move onward and upward , and we have the man for the job .

Edited by DavidM, 17 August 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#4 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Decent win in awful conditions refereed poorly .. Thought Barrow were ok... I've never seen a beaten player in a relegated side do a celebration for a try tho ... Barrow had so e decent players coupled with some awful ones.. Their full back for one .. Please mr vievers don't sign Liam cambell far from good enough now a days, defence is woeful... Couple of decent forwards tho we could look to pick up.. Tho Harrison was surprisingly quiet 

Who were the good/bad players for us today?

The full back is Bobbie's son which explains it all tbh, only really with us because of that

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Ben Davies in the pack was bright

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Excellent news that we've ensured safety with 2 games to go. Forber was a ten times better than anyone else on the pitch, the way vievers has brought him on is unbelievable. Pretty poor game with a dreadful ref but we done what we had to and that's got us over the line.

Can't believe miller is leaving, did we offer a reduced contract because of his injuries? Surely no one else could have offered him any better yet as that would be illegally approaching him wouldn't it?
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

I'm not being nasty but there was an overweight gentleman who came off the bench who looked good... Davies and 30 was decent... Shaw good ... Starting props went well...

Cambell - full back - ginger centre grant ? And Karalius were all very poor... The legend that is mike back house didn't have his best game neither...

#8 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Just totally shocked listening to that.... That's just become the story of the day .
On the whole ... Congrats on survival
On the game ... Pretty much same as every other I've watched , probably bar Fev . Some bright patches ,but overall a real struggle when it shouldn't really have been due to sloppiness and scrappiness , as PV said . You keep thinking we're gonna push on , but we never do.
As for the ref , worst and incompetent as I've seen . They lay in EVERY tackle but nothing given - but he picked us up for several things . Backhouse clearly fumbled it for the pen for their first try , and overall he was really poor and weak. They totally slowed down the ruck illegally .
They were spirited , but we should be putting these clearly to bed . Poor kick tries . Some nice tries from us , Forber , Mcavoy very strong ,Burke and Matty first half .
We look a different side with Matty on . Callum really has a lot of work to do with his game management and execution if he's to progress to the next level . PV was exasperated in the box a few times with errors . Three points and the overriding task done , really good with two tough games left - well done for this winning run which pulled us over the line . Credit to all . Need to improve from here and move onward and upward , and we have the man for the job .

yeah barrow clearly came to slow the game down around the ruck but what made it worse was he constantly let them away with it and obviously the conditions didn't help

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

Who were the good/bad players for us today?

The full back is Bobbie's son which explains it all tbh, only really with us because of that

liam Campbell was your worst player by a mile, the amount of times he got caught on the ball on the last was shocking. Your whole pack done pretty well to be fair, shaw was also very good and can't half kick a goal.

Edited by wonky, 17 August 2014 - 04:30 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

I take it we looked after him in all this time . I don't know what's gone on

#11 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 622 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Congrats to Town on surviving.

HW

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Did haven score late for a point or did they have one in the bag ?

#13 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 779 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Did haven score late for a point or did they have one in the bag ?

Late try to get a bonus point, which they don't appear to mind anymore.

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

HW

yes it's very reassuring being safe with two games to go. I will hold my hands up that at one point I thought we were doomed this season as we weren't equipped for this league and we're coachless it's quite an achievment to now be safe at this point of the season.

Edited by town4me, 17 August 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#15 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 896 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

HW

Thanks HW, Give my regards to the missus and hoping she is keeping well.
Posted Image

#16 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Congratulations to all associated with the Town fantastic we are safe, can't believe we can attend the  dewsbury game chilled out

UP THE TOWN

Bomber the Lambrini  is going down a treat  :tongue:

#17 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

Congratulations to all associated with the Town fantastic we are safe, can't believe we can attend the dewsbury game chilled out

UP THE TOWN

Bomber the Lambrini is going down a treat :tongue:

i agree the dewsbury match will be a little more chilled but there is still to be an appeal by batley (probably a waste of time but you never know with the rfl)and we really need to win it to finish as high as possible for financial reasons. It certainly will be less stressful though.

#18 Tallow

Tallow
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

8 victories from 9 games is immense, well done lads on reaching safety with two games to spare.

Poor scrappy game today in horrible conditions, but still some excellent individual performances especially IMO from Forber and Carter.

842 attendance, also not bad when you consider the weather and very few travelling Barrow fans.

Onwards and upwards Town......

#19 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

With us having Leigh away we have to think that our only win left is against Dewsbury and looking at the table I think we need to win that game to clinch 7th place for the play-offs.    Dewsbury already have 48 points and have Keighley at home to play besides us and Sheffield have 2 games with Rochdale and they have 45 points already, then Fev away.  I suspect Sheffield will grab 5th and the Rams 6th which would mean we would be away to the Rams if we were 7th.   Either way we will be away to one of those two teams in the first round of the play-offs.   

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

Could argue Sheffield away is ' easier ' ? ... By the way , saw big Alex in the stand . He was really struggling

Edited by DavidM, 17 August 2014 - 08:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users