Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ell millar

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

Do we think there are mind games going on here and all may not be as it seems ?

#22 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

It sounds as though ell hadn't made up his mind and we've made it up for him. I hope this gets resolved as it's crazy if that's the way it's gone down. One thing seems certain, he's agreed nothing with haven.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#23 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

Indeed . If he's still on the market you wouldn't put an artificial deadline on it and say no you can't sign now . We don't start again for ages ! Come on El !!

#24 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

Depends how much he wants I suppose. Everyone has a value and their own opinion may be higher that the clubs

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Yes , I think this means it's in his court now , not the clubs .

#26 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

I would have left the offer on the table but made it very clear we were looking for a replacement and that it would not be there for ever.

#27 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Town have looked after El after he got his injury just as we did Liam Campbell, I just hope El doesn't sh*t on us like Liam did .

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

You'd think it still is if he came to us , but as we say , tough to know what's really what with this one . End of the day we'll come out of it ok , I'm sure

Edited by DavidM, 17 August 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#29 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:32 AM

Just dont get them jambos they bang on how rubbish we are but every year they TRY to sign all our players...
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#30 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

Just dont get them jambos they bang on how rubbish we are but every year they TRY to sign all our players...

yes,and they will try to sign Elliot has well.I would love to see Elliot in town colours next season but I have to back the coach has he gave all the players who had not signed up for next season a date to sign or the contract offer will be null and void,now,I know that some players got a wee bit of extra time to think again and I think Elliot will be given the same has them.I know we all like Elliot banging down the wing but do you not think that PV has someone else that could be better than Elliot in his position,i do, but I would like Elliot to reconsider his discision and talk to the board again,and I do not believe that PV did not talk to him,infact I would say that would be made by (mark) fryer and the board not PV.Anyway,I truly hope that either PV or the board reconsider the move and again hope Elliot looks at the contract offered and if he does not like what the board are offering then the lad will have to look elsewhere for his rugby career. 

Posted Image

#31 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

Be surprised if he doesn't sign back on for you lot

#32 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

Be surprised if he doesn't sign back on for you lot

Going by what Elliot was saying back in June I would say that as well Donald.    It was in the N & S where he was saying how the club had been good with him and they had kept in touch with him throughout his injury and how he was going to an oxygen tank for extra treatment.    He actually said that even though his contract was up at the end of the season he wants to play for Town.   So, I think both parties need to get together and sort this out soonest and not let it drag on.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#33 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 853 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

I think Elliot is unfortunately one of the hardest players to replace in our squad, that pace is hard to find. I think it's tough for us fans as he's such a fan favourite. Come on ell reconsider and sign on.

I think you are right wonkey,he will be hard to replace.I do believe that PV has someone in mind to cover eliiots position and a good coach like PV will not be short of players who might be better than Elliot,but I would still like the lad back in the blue and white for town,i think PV will bring in 5 players of super league quality and if you look throughout rugby league there is a host of wingers looking for another club and he has his rescources and contacts to put players in the town shirt,and,do not forget that we have the wigan lads on DR and I know for certain that the club will have said to wigan that they want better personnel to pick from rathe than the wigan lads we have had this season.I would like to think that we could sign 2 props,a backrower,halfback,and a big centre along with our own lads+ the wigan lads on DR,now that would be a very good side for PV to select from and at least we will not have to wait long for his choices to arrive at derwent park.Cannot wait....... :clapping:  :rolleyes:  :fan:       

Posted Image

#34 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

Loving all that mate, season hasn't finished and can't wait for the next one...happy days..
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#35 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

Got one right lol

not lol..

#36 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

Signed for town btw ha

#37 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

Got one right lol

nah haven99! Welcome back on board Elliot . a quality winger

#38 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

LOL...... According to Haven fans it was a done deal that he was joining them lot........  they were even dreaming of the wingers combination of Miller and Calvert!!! LOL

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#39 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

not lol..

LOL 😂

#40 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

Ha ha, every single season the daft Jambo's do this, and every season the players stay with us. When will they learn.