Leigh

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

For a variety of reasons I was going to miss today but then I would not have witnessed our world record attempt at first tackle knock ons
Our defence at times was ferocious and particularly so in the first half

Second half Leigh were quality whilst we floundered
Our attack none existent due to our lack of respect for possession.
Great crowd though

#2 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

I think we were at the bottom of the barrel today when it come to fit players whilst they were at full strength so TBH not a bad result.
There are some players I would chase the signatures for next season and some I'd wave goodbye but couldn't fault them for effort.

Glad you enjoyed the crowd Mark, I had Stadtler, Waldorf and their 2 half witted brothers in front if me!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#3 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

True about fit players and yes the effort was there but you cannot avoid the fact we must've knocked on a dozen times after the first or second tackle
I was referring to the crowd size...the quality of Leigh fans is always questionable! Especially the dual reg ones.....

#4 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

Only one thing to say -we were poor today

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Oh........I'm not avoiding it!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

Well after reading the club website about today's game thought it was a bit optimistic seeing where we are in the league, playing a team that have only been beat once and racked up massive points against the top 8 sides, 16-0 ht very creditable and was always going to be an uphill challenge, but if the players come of the field and gave there best against a team that would possibly beat or running close to 50% of superleague clubs it's where we are for a reason, build for next yr has got to be the club's focus now

#7 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

We were really struggling with knocks and injuries even before the game kicked off. True we didnt help ourselves at times but Leigh are a quality side. In fact Leigh are the only team to beat us comprehensively this season so let's not be too downhearted. We are planning for next season and that's when the current set up will be rightly judged. Keep the faith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users