TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Chairman statement

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 RogerT

RogerT
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

Thank you Kevin, and so glad you will probably using the website, personally I don't and will never use facebook, twitter or tweets.

I will be there again next season no matter what.

Cheers Roger.

#42 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Will try to take on board communication points etc. but probably via website not on here.although may duplicate stuff if get chance. Cos I always go on a bit the forum is not for me anymore also some unfair posts I get frustrated with but not all as some are good points and fair but others not. Anyway whether I am being optimistic or not we are not down yet and that is my attitude regardless . Will address issues after 7th sept whatever they are.

But surely that's the point. No one wants a personal statement from the chairman every night, even though it is appreciated when you do. Regular up dates via the website, copied onto here and onto facebook and twitter would be great. And we all appreciate that there are very few people at the club doing a lot of jobs. If more people could be persuaded to do jobs such as public communications, it would free up people within the club to concentrate on other jobs. 

An example of this is the work that Mark did as Chairman LMAO, with links on here to website articles etc. I understand that that work must be very time consuming, so wouldn't it be worth employing someone, even on a part time basis to deal with communications? 

I think people are frustrated by the lack of any information, Grayston for example, we still have had no official notification of whether he has signed for us or not. 

No one is a bigger supporter of the club than me and defender of the work our directors do, but I have to say that when things go wrong, we do tend to look amatuerish. While I understand this can be painful for KN, it hurts us all as supporters and as a club.

I know things are not over for this season, but as it is virtually nailed on, I would be really interested in our plans for next season when they are formulated, and would sincerely hope that the club see it as an opportunity, and spend as little time possible wallowing in self pity. I would also think that the shareholders, one of which I am proud to be, deserve at least this.

#43 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

This is the worst season batley have had for a while,unfortunately it's come at the wrong time with all the changes what's going on.I don't know Kevin Nicholas personally but what he's done in the 17yrs he's been at the club is remarkable. What was he supposed to do at end of last season to keep all them players on board,match the terms that Featherstone,Halifax & even Keighley? At the end of the day John Kear is in charge of recruitment not the chairman,admitted it's his job to over see these things,anyway good luck in your last 2 games

#44 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

Some glaring errors in your statement there Graham regarding recruitment

#45 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

Well its kear that choose the players to sign or not ??

#46 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

Dont care whats said,whats gone before or how it will end up

nothing what happens weather good or bad

will tarnish or destroy what kevin has done for batley...nothing
the bloke has given his heart,soul,money & time
over the years to give batley some "glory years"
and you have had some good time too

as a Dewsbury fan ive stood over the years and shock my head at what batley have done with the money theyve had...a fantasic job truely fantasic
when we was on the floor there aint many rams fans wished that we could emulate what batley had achived..your a family at batley run by fans for the fans .
your in this position thru just bad luck and stupid mistakes...kevins been honest enough and just stopped short of pouring his heart out...the poor bloke has taken this on his shoulders...cos thats the kinda bloke he comes across as.
would have been easy to come on here and bang on how its not his fault..but no first one with the hand up saying "blame me".. everybodys to blame as your a family,your all one together

silly little stuff as rolled into a massive snowball thats rolled off the cliff.

dont let kevin take all the blame and support and help this bloke cos without him... there wouldnt be a batley now

ive all the time in the world for our chairman love him to bits hes done loads for my club in the same respects kevin has for your club.
these kind of men are not two a penny
dewsbury & batley have the best 2 chairmen in rugby league...its easy at a big club

but they aint at big clubs
There at family clubs

our family each and everyone.

#47 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

I would guess that Kear signs players who fit under the budget he is provided with - as do all coaches. He is only able to work with what he's given - again, as do all coaches. No doubt he would like to sign Greg Inglis and Billy Slater, but we couldn't afford them.
Judging by this season's squad, his budget must have been relatively small.

Edited by TheTerminator, 19 August 2014 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image

#48 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for your response again Kevin. I am sure a lot of our supporters will hold you to your word.

#49 ivans82

ivans82
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

workington town lost from last years squad ,carl briscoe , paddy flynn , elliott millar , ewan dowes ,adam walne , jordan walne ,jamie thackary , jamie acton , so theres 8 . we got by with loacal amateurs signing and dual reg/loan deals .missing players isn t the reason for the position your in . its maybe players attitude , coach too long at the club , etc. phil veivers turned our club around .

#50 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

workington town lost from last years squad ,carl briscoe , paddy flynn , elliott millar , ewan dowes ,adam walne , jordan walne ,jamie thackary , jamie acton , so theres 8 . we got by with loacal amateurs signing and dual reg/loan deals .missing players isn t the reason for the position your in . its maybe players attitude , coach too long at the club , etc. phil veivers turned our club around .

Thanks for your insight - actually players leaving is exactly the reason why we are where we are. Those players were not replaced by 1. players as good and 2. enough players so that, in the instance of long term injuries, there was sufficient cover to allow us to be effective.

To compare the approach of different clubs is futile, what worked for your club would not always work for any other.

Edited by distantdog, 20 August 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#51 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Rumour is that next year there will be a restriction of 3 players on DR so that will make you current strategy difficult to sustain won't it?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#52 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

paddy flynn? widnes, adam and jordan walne ?salford so how have you lost them
You have got by with DR, 10 different players in total i think from wigan.With out DR you would have been cream crackered

Edited by haven4ever, 20 August 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#53 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

Yes BSJ , which is no bad thing . Having a skeleton squad is and was high risk . How much was strategy is unclear . We had a poor offseason , and the change of coach was further destabilising .
But PV is talking about recruiting , and doing it pretty early . So fingers crossed we've a squad of quantity and quality , with DR/ loan as a boost on top , as it should be . The balance will be readdressed I'm sure

Edited by DavidM, 20 August 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#54 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

Really

#55 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

You have got by with DR, 10 different players in total i think from wigan.With out DR you would have been cream crackered

And with you playing 3 each week (2 on DR and 1 on loan) so would your team have been cream crackered, so your team has needed them just the same.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#56 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

Look i dont know who picks the players i assume it is the coach . If im wrong do tell as then i dont know ??

#57 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

Dont care whats said,whats gone before or how it will end up

nothing what happens weather good or bad

will tarnish or destroy what kevin has done for batley...nothing
the bloke has given his heart,soul,money & time
over the years to give batley some "glory years"
and you have had some good time too

as a Dewsbury fan ive stood over the years and shock my head at what batley have done with the money theyve had...a fantasic job truely fantasic
when we was on the floor there aint many rams fans wished that we could emulate what batley had achived..your a family at batley run by fans for the fans .
your in this position thru just bad luck and stupid mistakes...kevins been honest enough and just stopped short of pouring his heart out...the poor bloke has taken this on his shoulders...cos thats the kinda bloke he comes across as.
would have been easy to come on here and bang on how its not his fault..but no first one with the hand up saying "blame me".. everybodys to blame as your a family,your all one together

silly little stuff as rolled into a massive snowball thats rolled off the cliff.

dont let kevin take all the blame and support and help this bloke cos without him... there wouldnt be a batley now

ive all the time in the world for our chairman love him to bits hes done loads for my club in the same respects kevin has for your club.
these kind of men are not two a penny
dewsbury & batley have the best 2 chairmen in rugby league...its easy at a big club

but they aint at big clubs
There at family clubs

our family each and everyone.

Behave yourself Coolie, I've had to agree with you a few times lately. Whatever is the world coming to?  Well said, anyway.

#58 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 698 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

Really

It is clear you have issues with the board but can you honestly say that they picked the players? Yes they sorted the budget but that is determined by attendances.

#59 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

Just heard about El Miller have we !!! You are one bitter individual and an hypocrite to boot. as Keith T points out you have 2  or 3 non haven players in every week, which is a good job for you as cotter would be starting every week. Why don't you come on our board and discuss this ? We would love to hear from you, 

#60 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

But surely that's the point. No one wants a personal statement from the chairman every night, even though it is appreciated when you do. Regular up dates via the website, copied onto here and onto facebook and twitter would be great. And we all appreciate that there are very few people at the club doing a lot of jobs. If more people could be persuaded to do jobs such as public communications, it would free up people within the club to concentrate on other jobs. 

An example of this is the work that Mark did as Chairman LMAO, with links on here to website articles etc. I understand that that work must be very time consuming, so wouldn't it be worth employing someone, even on a part time basis to deal with communications? 

I think people are frustrated by the lack of any information, Grayston for example, we still have had no official notification of whether he has signed for us or not. 

No one is a bigger supporter of the club than me and defender of the work our directors do, but I have to say that when things go wrong, we do tend to look amatuerish. While I understand this can be painful for KN, it hurts us all as supporters and as a club.

I know things are not over for this season, but as it is virtually nailed on, I would be really interested in our plans for next season when they are formulated, and would sincerely hope that the club see it as an opportunity, and spend as little time possible wallowing in self pity. I would also think that the shareholders, one of which I am proud to be, deserve at least this.

DD - just as a point of reference, the Bulldogs latest recruit, Jon Humpleby, will be assisting on the communication side of things. He must be pretty good at it, because he took the time out to come and find me and persuade me to stay on editing the website at least until the end of the season at a point where I'd really had enough for various reasons that don't need airing on here. I agree with the points regarding communication - it has been a failing in comparison to recent years where I've been involved with the club, but Jon seems like a passionate and ambitious bloke who wants to make a difference both on the community and communication side of things. Let's give him a chance - he may actually be the man for the job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users