Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

First Contract awarded to.........

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

.........the chap who did the tannoy yesterday, who I believe was the Club Chaplain, ( no comments on last rites you Dewbury fans please), he was CLEAR, LOUD, and we even got to hear the Draw numbers. I moved during  half time and could hear him in the Challenge stand and the Nine Oyl, something I haven.t heard for years..

Well done that man.

ColinB.

ps, Got my tin helmet ready when John Miller reads this :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm:

Edited by colinb, 18 August 2014 - 07:41 AM.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#2 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,170 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

It was Mooney in a Dog Collar

#3 LuckyDog

LuckyDog
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Oh, and I would love the second signing to be Tiger Handforth. A real leader for the long journey back.

#4 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

Tiger would be a great signing for league 1

#5 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

Yes, he would certainly direct us round the pitch with that sharp football brain. We can all see the difference that Paul Cook has made at Donny over the last few seasons, barely breaks sweat but controls the play.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

I think Cook just sends his dinner suit to the cleaners in October then gets it back in January !!
Talk about running a game with a noggin ... Don't think we've tackled him in four games we've played them ! Priceless.

#7 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Even graham holdroyd cassy or eaton would make a big difference at the minute

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#8 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

Just a quick question. Do the health and safety rules not require you to have PA speakers in every stand? If there was an emergency you would not be able to hear the announcer sat in the new seated stand.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#9 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

The announcements were not clear either behind the sticks. I would like to know the half time draw numbers as I heard nothing.
Over to you Colin with answer. Perhaps I won.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#10 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

The announcements were not clear either behind the sticks. I would like to know the half time draw numbers as I heard nothing.
Over to you Colin with answer. Perhaps I won.

Strange that cos we heard it behind the sticks, and the winning number was 11162, and he gave it out several times and that the prize was £240.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#11 RogerT

RogerT
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Could be Colin they where not listening too busy grumbling about the ref, I heard quite clearly and I was stood at the bottom of the 9 ole terrace.

Cheers Roger.

Edited by RogerT, 19 August 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#12 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Could be Colin they where not listening too busy grumbling about the ref, I heard quite clearly and I was stood at the bottom of the 9 ole terrace.Cheers Roger.

you might be right about grumbling about the ref,but with good reason!!

#13 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

Strange that cos we heard it behind the sticks, and the winning number was 11162, and he gave it out several times and that the prize was £240.

Thanks for the number Colin. Whatever I was doing at half time (and at other times) I didn't hear what was said. The announcements seemed as though they were evaporating as they left the speaker(s?).
Didn't win and believed the young lady selling the tickets that, when I asked if I would, she indicated the positive!
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#14 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for the number Colin. Whatever I was doing at half time (and at other times) I didn't hear what was said. The announcements seemed as though they were evaporating as they left the speaker(s?).
Didn't win and believed the young lady selling the tickets that, when I asked if I would, she indicated the positive!

rumour has it their not using the tannoy next season

gonna come around and tell us personally

oops i forgot....we wont be there next season will we

;)

#15 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

rumour has it their not using the tannoy next season
gonna come around and tell us personally
oops i forgot....we wont be there next season will we
;)

Now Now coolie that's not nice,talk about kicking them when they are DOWN!!!

#16 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

Now Now coolie that's not nice,talk about kicking them when they are DOWN!!!

not down yet.....or cant you add up ?

#17 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

not down yet.....or cant you add up ?

maybe even if you get the 3pts back,which I very much doubt you still have to win last 2 games & from what I saw Sunday their's not 2 wins in that team,good luck!!