Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

So this will attract how many new speccies?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

Superdude. I don't support CH. I support the team. You are full of mindless non constructive waffle. The fact that you attempt to belittle me and Tubular bandage by the use of female honorific titles indicates you have lost your argument and all credibility. Oh and just so you know most people in my business call me Master and that's not because I'm under 18 yrs of age or keep slaves. So if you're going to use titles get it right.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 24 August 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#22 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

Hand and Foot I dont care what people call you, and what type of parties you go to to get called it.

The fact is support the team and support Hamilton.

#23 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

Hand and Foot I dont care what people call you, and what type of parties you go to to get called it.

The fact is support the team and support Hamilton.

sadly for you there's 450 who do. So your dreams of the club going under will have to wait a little longer. You're a bully. You turn to name calling when you don't get your own way.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 25 August 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#24 Tangle

Tangle
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

how sorry i feel for superglue and all the rest who dont go they must have wonderful sundays . me and my lady love will be having a grand weekend in north yorkshire and watching the team i have loved for over 60 years

#25 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

Aye 'Tangle', me an' my lady love are gooin' up an' o', but t'wife 'as to stop at 'ome an' look after t'grandkids!  ;)     

#26 HomeOfTheTubularBandage

HomeOfTheTubularBandage
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

Superdude, clearly you are not capable of understanding that although we continue to support the the team, we don't necessarily support CH. This is fairly simple concept, yet you seem wholly unable to grasp it.

I wonder what you mean by 'Preventing us moving forward'? Who do you mean by 'us'? You can't mean ORLFC supporters because you currently aren't one of 'us'. Do you mean a consortium waiting to take over or form another club. Is that the 'us' you refer to?

Until someone can give cast iron guarantees from:

• the RFL that they would sanction a new club
  • the phantom 'Business-men' that they will launch a new club
  • Boundary park that any new club can and will play there

...it is total folly to let the current club die.

This does not mean I am CH's mate, supporter or pal.

#27 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

The club is going to die in its current form.Much as we admire the sentiments of some on here its only a matter of time.Next year the 450 will become the 350 and so on.If there is a future in all due respect it will be without Hamilton.Despite this I will no doubt be at Gateshead.

#28 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

The club is going to die in its current form.Much as we admire the sentiments of some on here its only a matter of time.Next year the 450 will become the 350 and so on.If there is a future in all due respect it will be without Hamilton.Despite this I will no doubt be at Gateshead.

This is my view on thinggs for next year, admittedly with my positive head on. 1- We don't go up, more games played, better opposition with increased following. Due to restructure. Result increased income. Now it would be even more if we were in a better ground. 2- We go up. Increased revenue and crowds all round. Already been rumoured that we will be at boundary park. So we could see an increase in support either way. Of course I've already been diagnosed with lunacy by Dr superdoom.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 26 August 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#29 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

This is my view on thinggs for next year, admittedly with my positive head on. 1- We don't go up, more games played, better opposition with increased following. Due to restructure. Result increased income. Now it would be even more if we were in a better ground. 2- We go up. Increased revenue and crowds all round. Already been rumoured that we will be at boundary park. So we could see an increase in support either way. Of course I've already been diagnosed with lunacy by Dr superdoom.

Can't knock you for your positivity and I hope you are right.

#30 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

Its a great pity that all this passion for ORLFC cant be brought together, as all sides want the same thing which is for Oldham to succeed. Until someone comes in with a better business plan than CH and the money to back it then I see little point in fighting againts him. Be honest if you had money would you put it in RL. I highly doubt it unless you are doing it for different reasons than profit. I look at other forums and they are quiet as a grave. Oldham start a string about smoking outside the ground and all hell breaks lose. Its because we care about the club, the lads, its supporters and its history. Never give up on the passion but maybe be a little more inderstanding of those who are holding the fort until someone else better placed comes along. 

One for all and all for the one

#31 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:40 PM

The rugby club will not be playing at boundary park next season

#32 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:10 AM

Rugbyman 1 - Roughyed Spud tried to bring all the supporters together but got shouted down by CH's loyal supporters - The meeting at the George some time back!

The club may well get back a 100 or so of the old guard supporters that have left in the last year or so when we play some better team next year. What will they do to attract new supporters for the future.....The kids in Oldham are not engaged by ORL like they once were! 

Lets keep the club on life support to keep Hand and Foot, Tosh and all the other old timers Sunday's filled with such joy. CH can rely on their misplaced loyalty to keep his bank account in credit.

In 5 years all the Oldham kids will support Salford, Huddersfield of Leeds anyway and there will be no one to replace the old guard.

Any business that cannot keep its existing customers and fails to attract any new ones is DOOMED!

#33 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

The difference between the two factions is that one faction is deliberately trying to condemn the club to Doom. With the, in my opinion, misguided notion that somewhere someone is going to charge on a white charger and start a new club. Honestly, who in their right mind is going to for that? From scratch? Where they going to play? Not going to happen. I go because of what I see on the field. Don't know Chris Hamilton, never met him, probably wouldn't like him if I did. But that's no reason for me to boycott the club.

#34 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Smoking  / Pass Out announcement

The ground safety officer is total control of the ground safety on match days, that kind of request / announcement will have come from the safety officer and or head steward.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#35 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

I know the guy who does the Tannoy announcing, a quiet lad who volunteered when nobody else did, he stepped forward after the very sad passing of Nigel. it is easy to criticise volunteers who give up their time to ensure match days can go ahead, and yes they pay on the turnstiles. So what if he shouts, maybe people on this forum should volunteer and give the announcing a try.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#36 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 627 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

I know the guy who does the Tannoy announcing, a quiet lad who volunteered when nobody else did, he stepped forward after the very sad passing of Nigel. it is easy to criticise volunteers who give up their time to ensure match days can go ahead, and yes they pay on the turnstiles. So what if he shouts, maybe people on this forum should volunteer and give the announcing a try.

I'm sorry if i came across as being unconstructively critical. I wasn't criticising as such. I just couldn't tell a word he was saying. So if you could pass on my comments to speak not shout. Afterall he wouldn't know unless it was pointed out. And I do appreciate the work that volunteers do for the club.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 28 August 2014 - 09:09 PM.