Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Byron smith a ram?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

Heard off a number of batley fans he's signed for us next year with jonny Campbell, any truth?

#2 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

a sad day if true,but have said it weeks ago it must be so hard for the senior players to put a shift in and not feel let down by some a the signings brought in to help the squad,many more to follow baz who aint got much to stick around for. to me baz is one a the best players to wear a dogs shirt in a long time,you get what you see and its always 100% game after game, you dont always notice his workrate as its straight up middle a park but hes one hell of a player and i will miss him above any other player.all the best baz lad and thanks for some cracking rugby fella. :bb:

#3 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

Heard off a number of batley fans he's signed for us next year with jonny Campbell, any truth?

Heard about Baz Smith,I wouldn't like to bet on Johnny Campbell following him!!! I've heard maybe another prop from batley's on our radar!!

#4 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

Yeah Alex Rowe too? Aparantly wev signed matty wildie Paul Sykes and Ryan fiekdhouse too. The batley rumours came from you're supporters on Sunday. Only rumours though .. May not even be true

#5 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

Cant understand why were plundering a team
on the brink of relegation
are these players really that good
and if they were...was it poor coaching ?

im all for 100% players but your looking for stars in a poor team do campbell and smith fit this bill ??

not seen them game in game out

opinions please ??

#6 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

Yeah Alex Rowe too? Aparantly wev signed matty wildie Paul Sykes and Ryan fiekdhouse too. The batley rumours came from you're supporters on Sunday. Only rumours though .. May not even be true

chris ya keep telling me youve done kelly brook

is that true ;)

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

He'll be good in the wrestle on what I saw !!!

#8 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

the vultures are starting to circle mount pleasant to pick out the 'better' players.....tough times ahead for the doggys !!

Edited by Deano44, 20 August 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#9 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Surely we must learn from last season and attempt to secure the services of the key players that will be instrumental in our on field 'revival'. Would it not make sense to have a plan in place for an immediate return to Championship rugby, if we are relegated. If we survive, it is equally as important to secure these players. Baz Smith is one of the last surviving players of the 'Bulldog Breed', and we need that type of spite to cement things together.

#10 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Should read 'that type of Spirit'!

#11 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

The vultures are circling picking at the carcas.

Another huge turnover of players in the off season in prospect.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#12 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

It comes as no surprise to me we can't hang on to anybody these days
players just can't wait to leave the club.No way will we bounce straight
back lean times ahead,can't see us attracting any sort of quality in
park league. I see there was 2 cracking attendences of 108&161 we'd
better cut down on pie order and a couple of barrels of ale should
last us the season.

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

It comes as no surprise to me we can't hang on to anybody these days
players just can't wait to leave the club.No way will we bounce straight
back lean times ahead,can't see us attracting any sort of quality in
park league. I see there was 2 cracking attendences of 108&161 we'd
better cut down on pie order and a couple of barrels of ale should
last us the season.

Better cut back on the number of free tickets we hand out. There are some 'fans' who don't appear to pay into a single home game.

Edited by TheTerminator, 20 August 2014 - 09:51 PM.

Posted Image

#14 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

Better cut back on the number of free tickets we hand out. There are some 'fans' who don't appear to pay into a single home game.

Here Here,it's the same at our place the queue at the office in the main entrance is longer than the turnstiles,all lost revenue!!!
  • RPH likes this

#15 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

One guy in 9 oil a few week ago boasted that he hasn't paid into a home game for over 3 years. - not a supporter of the club in my eyes.

#16 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

The people in reception graham are players family's, each players fam get 2 free tickets each but have to get them from reception so the club know who's got them and how manys got them. It's only right players should be given 2 free tickets, Every club does it for players graham. Any free tickets given out for dewsbury rams have to go to reception. Even I had to join it when I lost my season ticket and waited for about 5 to 10 mins. Everyone who got them was saying they've come to pick up tickets left by a players name. I think sponsors are given free tickets too but not sure in this

Edited by christheram, 21 August 2014 - 07:33 AM.

#17 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

When i used to do photos up at the Mount i would hang about in the tunnel for a teamsheet and the number of people "who knew someboby" and just walked into the ground through that nterance was unbelieveable, there was usually someone on the door but all that was required was a nod or a wink and you were in, none of these were players wives, stewards, workers, volunteers etc, etc.

Edited by Gary Coyle, 21 August 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

The people in reception graham are players family's, each players fam get 2 free tickets each but have to get them from reception so the club know who's got them and how manys got them. It's only right players should be given 2 free tickets, Every club does it for players graham. Any free tickets given out for dewsbury rams have to go to reception. Even I had to join it when I lost my season ticket and waited for about 5 to 10 mins. Everyone who got them was saying they've come to pick up tickets left by a players name. I think sponsors are given free tickets too but not sure in this

Just to challenge that Chris, why is it "only right" that players should get free tickets? It may be a perk common to most clubs but i would question the "rightness" of it, especially in our entitlement oriented society. We'll be getting like soccer next!!

All clubs at Championship level are dependent upon every pound of income that they can generate and to blithely give this away is a mistake, IMHO of course.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

Our players don't earn loads, giving each player 2 free match tickets for his family is right in my opinion, happens at all clubs, for example, why should Ryan hepworths wife and child have to pay to attend to watch Ryan? Ryan won't be on loads, a few tickets for his family doesn't hurt anyone . That's just an example and many other players have young families at the club, like rob spicer too. These players put a lot of time and effort in to the club and are not on mega books, a few free tickets so their family's can attend free of charge is only fair In my opinion

Edited by christheram, 21 August 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#20 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

Our players don't earn loads, giving each player 2 free match tickets for his family is right in my opinion, happens at all clubs, for example, why should Ryan hepworths wife and child have to pay to attend to watch Ryan? Ryan won't be on loads, a few tickets for his family doesn't hurt anyone . That's just an example and many other players have young families at the club, like rob spicer too. These players put a lot of time and effort in to the club and are not on mega books, a few free tickets so their family's can attend free of charge is only fair In my opinion

The same could be said of many supporters surely?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users