TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Byron smith a ram?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

Difference is we pay to attend the entertainment, the players put all week, time, effort in to it, body on the line, get injured, lose pay at work when fixtures get messed around, may miss work with injuries ect. I'm not going to complain because they get 2 free tickets for family members

Edited by christheram, 21 August 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#22 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

Our players don't earn loads, giving each player 2 free match tickets for his family is right in my opinion, happens at all clubs, for example, why should Ryan hepworths wife and child have to pay to attend to watch Ryan? Ryan won't be on loads, a few tickets for his family doesn't hurt anyone . That's just an example and many other players have young families at the club, like rob spicer too. These players put a lot of time and effort in to the club and are not on mega books, a few free tickets so their family's can attend free of charge is only fair In my opinion

I know of people getting a freebie every home game & they've no connection to the players & it's been going on for years!!! I've no problem with 2 people getting in free with players pass. I know of a past player that had a party of up to 10 people every home game that never paid in ever,I used to see the tkts being handed over!

#23 Dog Faced Gremlin

Dog Faced Gremlin
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

The people in reception graham are players family's, each players fam get 2 free tickets each but have to get them from reception so the club know who's got them and how manys got them. It's only right players should be given 2 free tickets, Every club does it for players graham. Any free tickets given out for dewsbury rams have to go to reception. Even I had to join it when I lost my season ticket and waited for about 5 to 10 mins. Everyone who got them was saying they've come to pick up tickets left by a players name. I think sponsors are given free tickets too but not sure in this

If their families won't pay to watch them play why would you expect anyone else to? ;)

For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

#24 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

Our players don't earn loads, giving each player 2 free match tickets for his family is right in my opinion, happens at all clubs, for example, why should Ryan hepworths wife and child have to pay to attend to watch Ryan? Ryan won't be on loads, a few tickets for his family doesn't hurt anyone . That's just an example and many other players have young families at the club, like rob spicer too. These players put a lot of time and effort in to the club and are not on mega books, a few free tickets so their family's can attend free of charge is only fair In my opinion

(Apologies to Batley fans for a Rams conversation)

So we're planning for a squad of 30 players next season, plus the coaching staff who I presume would get the same perks. Give each of then 4 tickets and that will be 150ish at each game.

In the full knowledge that they won't always go to family members do you think any club such as ours or Batley can afford to be giving these away willy nilly? What other clubs do is irrelevant by the way or it would simply be a race to see whose perks were the best. The players get paid a reasonable amount of money, or they wouldn't do it, so don't make this out to be a charitable act. If it's a part of their contracts then fair enough but freebies, no!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#25 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

The people in reception graham are players family's, each players fam get 2 free tickets each but have to get them from reception so the club know who's got them and how manys got them. It's only right players should be given 2 free tickets, Every club does it for players graham. Any free tickets given out for dewsbury rams have to go to reception. Even I had to join it when I lost my season ticket and waited for about 5 to 10 mins. Everyone who got them was saying they've come to pick up tickets left by a players name. I think sponsors are given free tickets too but not sure in this

I was given 4 free tickets as part of my player sponsorship!

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

You forget to mention they were for Barrow Eddie

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

we gvie players season tickets then its up to them to sort out who gets them

#28 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

(Apologies to Batley fans for a Rams conversation)

So we're planning for a squad of 30 players next season, plus the coaching staff who I presume would get the same perks. Give each of then 4 tickets and that will be 150ish at each game.

In the full knowledge that they won't always go to family members do you think any club such as ours or Batley can afford to be giving these away willy nilly? What other clubs do is irrelevant by the way or it would simply be a race to see whose perks were the best. The players get paid a reasonable amount of money, or they wouldn't do it, so don't make this out to be a charitable act. If it's a part of their contracts then fair enough but freebies, no!

in my opinion players should be given 2 free tickets each if playing, but that's my opinion, yours is different. I think the club are right to do it

#29 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

that I find abit odd, how much is player sponsorship though? 200?

#30 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

You forget to mention they were for Barrow Eddie

I should have saved you a ticket for a dewsbury game, then at least you could have seen one good game this season! Oh I forgot you were there when your team of no hopers got hammered at Tetley stadium ;)

#31 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

that I find abit odd, how much is player sponsorship though? 200?

What's odd about it? Yes it's £200 and for that I got 4 free tickets of my choice apart from cup games. I will also get the players shirt at the awards night.

#32 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

I should have saved you a ticket for a dewsbury game, then at least you could have seen one good game this season! Oh I forgot you were there when your team of no hopers got hammered at Tetley stadium ;)

These no hopers the Rams are trying to sign?

#33 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

These no hopers the Rams are trying to sign?

They're just rumours, nothing has been confirmed as of yet!

#34 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

They're just rumours, nothing has been confirmed as of yet!

we shall see......youll look a little daft eddie ( more than usual ) if they sign our " no hopers "....

Edited by RPH, 21 August 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#35 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

Getting back on topic baz would be missed as he is a no frills workhouse. The amount of twitching is worrying but doesnt hide and takes some hammer.

He was linked with a return to fax but that was in silly season.

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#36 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

As Captain he should stay at the helm as his ship goes down and to lead the return next season of course.

#37 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Or we could thank him for his time & efforts. He had been a good servant for the club, hope it goes well & come up with a new option for the 4th tackle
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#38 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

As Captain he should stay at the helm as his ship goes down and to lead the return next season of course.

yeah and the reduced contract and pay as well....

#39 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

Not the best metaphor PM.  Captains that stay at the helm whilst the ship goes down are not noted for returning to lead as it were!

#40 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

Not the best metaphor PM. Captains that stay at the helm whilst the ship goes down are not noted for returning to lead as it were!

Have you not seen the excellent Pirates of the Caribbean?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users