Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Byron smith a ram?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

I remember a game at sheffield a few years back
Where are players were selling their ticket allocations in the pub on the corner across from the ground to the dewsbury fans

the players will remain nameless as ones retired and the other is busy this weekend ;)

thought personally that was harsh asking for money for something they got for free.

#42 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

Have you not seen the excellent Pirates of the Caribbean?

Ok, you win.

#43 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

I remember a game at sheffield a few years back
Where are players were selling their ticket allocations in the pub on the corner across from the ground to the dewsbury fans

the players will remain nameless as ones retired and the other is busy this weekend ;)

thought personally that was harsh asking for money for something they got for free.

A certain prop known for his robust approach, and who's son now props for the giants, once "persuaded" me to buy one of his freebies at half price. Wouldn't have been so bad, but I had a season ticket.

#44 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,408 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

A certain prop known for his robust approach, and who's son now props for the giants, once "persuaded" me to buy one of his freebies at half price. Wouldn't have been so bad, but I had a season ticket.

Shirley was Eorl's uncle.

;)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#45 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Shirley was Eorl's uncle.

;)

No this was a Dewsbury prop - the one who's nickname suggested he might have lived in a one storey building.

#46 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

No this was a Dewsbury prop - the one who's nickname suggested he might have lived in a one storey building.

And he was very persuasive. :(

#47 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,408 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

I knew who you meant but his lad hasn't played for the Giants for some time. Maybe your internet is a bit slow?

:tongue:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#48 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

I knew who you meant but his lad hasn't played for the Giants for some time. Maybe your internet is a bit slow?

are you two Dewsbury lads having a convo ?.....

#49 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,408 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

are you two Dewsbury lads having a convo ?.....

Yeah, sorry RPH. Slow news day.

Mind you it's nice to be called a lad.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#50 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

Doh ! :fool: The perils of dinner time drinking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users