Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

John kear

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

Well any sympathy I had for batley has totally gone with this bitter mans opinions on boots and all. Complaining about the rules being too difficult to understand for dual reg, although he didn't mention there was only 2 sides who couldn't understand the rules and the rest of us were perfectly fine. Then he went on to whinge about bonus points, bringing up that teams have only got to where they are in the league because of these, again he didn't mention that every team above them have won more games. I've got to feel it was a swipe at town as were the biggest benefactors from the bonus point system.

Edited by wonky, 20 August 2014 - 07:46 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

Funny enough Swinton, Crusaders and us have 9 bonus points and then comes Batley with 7 bonus points.    We used to get all sorts of posts from Haven fans about us being above teams that have won more games than us but guess what, take away the bonus points and go back to 2pts for a win and 1 for a draw and Town are still above Batley and Haven.    Both have lost more games than us and therefore have had more chances of picking up a bonus point so what does that say about those two teams.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Clutching at straws.

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Exactly Keith, I think he's looking at everyone to blame but himself. I personally think with the players they have they should of had more than enough to survive with or without the points deduction.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Even if they got their 3 points back they are still in a relegation scrap and have a tough trip to donny yet and are hardly in top form.

#6 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

So basically it was everyone else's fault, not there's for not understanding the rules. Lovely.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

Never liked him , like him even less now. Very complicated ? No , it's not , it's all written in black and white . And his , ' I think this so there ' is just arrogance ...no DR , no bonus points ... Well mr Kear pity you don't make the rules. . You're coaching in champ one next year by the look of it mr media superstar.

#8 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

It's only complicated if you're thick that's why all but 2 clubs got it right.

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

They're gonna plead extenuating ( ? ) circumstances ??? Funny thing about all that was smarmy Eddie joining in the heated championship debate ... I bet he didn't even know there was a championship below the magnificent SL until someone told him ten minutes before the programme.

Edited by DavidM, 20 August 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#10 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

We are massive outcasts in the RL world and he coaches on the RL riches! End of

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users