TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Crucial time of the season

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

It is a crucial time of the season for what, no-one can deny, is a hard working, enthusiastic and dedicated set of players and coaching staff. As they prepare for the end-of-season, the least they deserve is the support of all who claim to be fans of Oldham RLFC. With that in mind, I suggest it is time to put the 'politcs' to one side until the end of our season and just talk rugby. What a welcome change that would be!!  

Of course, I expect that I will be labelled 'a lunatic' for this simple request, so no change there!

Anyway, the best of luck to Scott, Spanner and all the lads in the weeks ahead. They deserve it.   

COME ON THE ROUGHYEDS :biggrin:

#2 HomeOfTheTubularBandage

HomeOfTheTubularBandage
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

Playing Gateshead at home now, is a completely different proposition to playing the team they had 5 months ago in Whitebank's claustrophobic atmosphere.

I have no doubt that we will spank Gloucester at home. But the Gateshead game has me twitchy because we need the home advantage in the playoffs. As much improved as we are since York-gate, I cannot see us beating Hunslet away given their recent acquisitions and their comprehensive victory at their place earlier in the season.

Big, big game at Gateshead.

Can't wait for playoff Rugby though, tension.

The team and the hardcore support deserve a day out at Headingley.

#3 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Well  said logic 

#4 higgy

higgy
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

It is a crucial time of the season for what, no-one can deny, is a hard working, enthusiastic and dedicated set of players and coaching staff. As they prepare for the end-of-season, the least they deserve is the support of all who claim to be fans of Oldham RLFC. With that in mind, I suggest it is time to put the 'politcs' to one side until the end of our season and just talk rugby. What a welcome change that would be!!  

Of course, I expect that I will be labelled 'a lunatic' for this simple request, so no change there!

Anyway, the best of luck to Scott, Spanner and all the lads in the weeks ahead. They deserve it.   

COME ON THE ROUGHYEDS :biggrin:

Just watch them come out of the woodwork again should we get to the playoff final though.

#5 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

Lunatic

#6 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

Lunatic

I'm a lunatic as well. Not particularly bothered what you think.

#7 higgy

higgy
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

Lunatic

Do you ever have anything positive or constructive to say??

#8 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

We are all lunatics apart from Superrude! 

#9 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

Any way lets get back to the topic, do we think the lads can do it? It would be great to have a home game in against Hunslet. But before then we must negotiate Gateshead and Gloucester!

#10 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

Should be a great game next week.

#11 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

On the subject of Rugby Gateshead at theirs is no easy game anymore.The management up there have got their heads well screwed on.

On the subject of watching them all come out of the woodwork I would suggest in the circumstances Oldham needs all the support it can get no matter if for 1 game or 5 games or whatever.

#12 exiledyed

exiledyed
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

So if they do get to the grand final at Leeds , I would not be welcome by the hard core ? Leeds being a 20 minute drive from my now home town .

#13 HomeOfTheTubularBandage

HomeOfTheTubularBandage
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

I live in Yorkshire, 20 minutes from Leeds and I go to every home game.

#14 exiledyed

exiledyed
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

And I salute you , even if I could afford the round trip and entrance money every other week , I don't want to watch a game in a  sub standard environment , where no attempts  at improvements have been made  , watching a team that has no prospects of promotion . I play cricket every Saturday and can find better things to do on my other day off . The club needs to do something to tempt me back , the fact that I am on here shows I still have some interest . The question still remains , if Oldham get to the grand final would you welcome my support ?

#15 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

Only if you be nice to brother Chris!

#16 HomeOfTheTubularBandage

HomeOfTheTubularBandage
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Of course, I would welcome support old or new to any game, at any time of the season.

I welcome any engagement with RL, and any convivial company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users