Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Scott signs up for fourth season

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Click here to check out the latest news from Dewsbury Rams.

#2 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

That's fantastic news

#3 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

That's fantastic news

Eeemmmm. I wonder what that means with regards to Austin? Would be sorry if he wasn't kept on, but didn't get a look in when Scott was fit.

#4 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

Eeemmmm. I wonder what that means with regards to Austin? Would be sorry if he wasn't kept on, but didn't get a look in when Scott was fit.

I think Austin will be kept on,we'll need a bigger & stronger squad next season

#5 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

Austins begun talks and as been told by mark and glen they want him to stay so I expect him to re sign

#6 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

Austin will stay he loves it at Dewsbury :)

#7 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

Competition for places is always good for a team.

#8 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

Competition for places is always good for a team.

I agree, but there didn't seem to much "competition" until Scott got injured..Hope he stays, firm favorite with us fans and rarely lets us down.

#9 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

I agree, but there didn't seem to much "competition" until Scott got injured..Hope he stays, firm favorite with us fans and rarely lets us down.

Very true. Austin brings a lot of experience to the team and he is a great club-man. Dewsbury Rams wouldn't be the same without him!

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Austin himself was injured for a lengthy period remember. Sadly our comeback against Batley was spurred by Austin being subbed and Hyde coming back on.

Tempus fugit.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

Austin himself was injured for a lengthy period remember. Sadly our comeback against Batley was spurred by Austin being subbed and Hyde coming back on.

Tempus fugit.

Hardly Austins fault BSJ. Also, watch the video again. You will see their last try actually starts with a break down the right and side when Hyde is, for some reason, 20 feet in from touch....

#12 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

Hardly Austins fault BSJ. Also, watch the video again. You will see their last try actually starts with a break down the right and side when Hyde is, for some reason, 20 feet in from touch....

But for Austins ankle tap, Batley would have been twelve up at half time.- that might have been difficult to come back from.

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

Hyde went into the pack, Grady to centre and Wood to the wing.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 23 August 2014 - 10:23 AM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

But for Austins ankle tap, Batley would have been twelve up at half time.- that might have been difficult to come back from.

I wasn't criticising Austin GOR, just pointing out that, unfortunately for him the comeback might be seen by some as affected by his absence. In my mind it was a masterstroke to move Grady back to the centre where he is much more effective. But for his winning try we wouldn't have won.

:onthequiet:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#15 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

I wasn't criticising Austin GOR, just pointing out that, unfortunately for him the comeback might be seen by some as affected by his absence. In my mind it was a masterstroke to move Grady back to the centre where he is much more effective. But for his winning try we wouldn't have won.

:onthequiet:

But for his defensive clanger he wouldn't have needed to score the winner. ;)

#16 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

Hyde went into the pack, Grady to centre and Wood to the wing.

That maybe BSJ, but Hyde is clearly the widest rams player at the time of the break and is way out of place. Anyway, we are arguing irrelevances given the progress this season. My point was that I can't see Austin getting a game if Greg Scott is fit and I doubt even you would argue that point ?

#17 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

That maybe BSJ, but Hyde is clearly the widest rams player at the time of the break and is way out of place. Anyway, we are arguing irrelevances given the progress this season. My point was that I can't see Austin getting a game if Greg Scott is fit and I doubt even you would argue that point ?

Even I - what do you insinuate?

:rtfm:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users