TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Empty Seats On The Telly.....

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

Well yes, but the RFL doesn't have 90k seats to sell, so that figure is a little disingenuous, to be fair John. Wembley may well hold 90K but we need to deduct the 'club Wembley' numbers to come up with an actual true maximum for the RFL to aim for.

Q: How many fit in Wembley these days? 

A: 90,000

#122 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

Anyone else struggling out there to make ends meet?

#123 St Reatham

St Reatham
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

Anyone else struggling out there to make ends meet?

This highlights an important point. I think fans have to pick and choose what they can and can't attend. In an ideal world, I'd like to have the time and money to attend all the games I would like to watch, but this certainly isn't possible. Having the semi finals so close to the final, and the final so close to the playoffs and GF is part of this.

#124 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

This highlights an important point. I think fans have to pick and choose what they can and can't attend. In an ideal world, I'd like to have the time and money to attend all the games I would like to watch, but this certainly isn't possible. Having the semi finals so close to the final, and the final so close to the playoffs and GF is part of this.

Yes, in this culture of season tickets (which also affects other sports - their cup comps often suffer) the months of August, September and August can suddenly become very expensive.

Also, at the same time we see some clubs doing early bird deals asking people to commit even more money to next season. Imho, other than Direct Debit schemes, no early bird offers should be able to end before November as you are directly clashing with Playoff, Grand Final and International sales otherwise.

#125 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

Would a "club membership" type offer work to make the costs more managable for those struggling. The club would arrange transport / tickets well in advance & you pay, say, £10 a month over a full calender year. That should enable you to get a reasonable ticket & a coach trip down for not too much pain. It could also build a greater sense of club ownership or belonging. As an added "incentive", you could get the clubs to take giant flags to display at a certain time in the build up, or get members of each club to parade their flag around the perimeter as part of the build up. And a parade of mascots....

Just ideas of course. I'd include clubs at all levels of the game in this.

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users