Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

pryce played last game for catalans

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

Pryce has been stood down by the catalans. He will not play the remaining games according to the local paper,
Not pulling his weight or adding to the team,
4th player to fall out with the coach!

#2 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

I don't see what Pryce will offer to any side.

Biggest waste of a talent only second to his brother.

#3 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

I have not seen Pryce in recent times but he never came across as a committed Player.

Looks lazy and not focused, its funny how many players can win contracts based on short golden patches in their careers.

#4 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,592 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Pryce has been stood down by the catalans. He will not play the remaining games according to the local paper,
Not pulling his weight or adding to the team,
4th player to fall out with the coach!

On the occasions I have watched the Dragons on TV, Pryce has rarely contributed positively to the team but that's nothing new with Pryce.  He was often like that when playing at Saints.  We've certainly not missed him.

#5 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

He had a good 3 months earlier in the season, shouting, encouraging, leading by example,
Problem was it was around the time to negotiate a new contract or club!

#6 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

Feel for Hull having this waste of talent for next couple of years

Is heyday was 2005-2007a long long time ago

#7 Hvy wg

Hvy wg
  • Coach
  • 495 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

As a catalan fan, I can say what he could brings to any team : laziness. He barely did anything good in 3 years of contract, looked poor in defence, slow in attack and showing more ego than anyone else.

When Coach Frayssinoux told him that he will not play anymore, he caused trouble. Too much ego for so little talent, he's a shame.

#8 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:54 AM

Frustrating player, had all the talent and skill to be a modern day(super league) great but as already mentioned was too lazy.

#9 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 768 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

He had a good 3 months earlier in the season, shouting, encouraging, leading by example,
Problem was it was around the time to negotiate a new contract or club!

Yes I noticed that he started playing well a month or two before Hull annouced they'd signed him. I don't know if he's gone back to playing how we was before or not though.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#10 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Thought at the time this was a poor signing for Hull, only seems to turn up these days when either there is a contract renewal on the table or his team is already 20+ up. Says something that the only offers that (I think) were on the table were Hull and Bradford. Personally I think the Bulls have gotten away lightly with such an important season next year. Talismanic - perhaps - but I wouldn't want to rely on him to get out of any scrapes even in the second tier.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#11 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

Thought at the time this was a poor signing for Hull, only seems to turn up these days when either there is a contract renewal on the table or his team is already 20+ up. Says something that the only offers that (I think) were on the table were Hull and Bradford. Personally I think the Bulls have gotten away lightly with such an important season next year. Talismanic - perhaps - but I wouldn't want to rely on him to get out of any scrapes even in the second tier.

I think I'd have left out 'these days'.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#12 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Poor Hull FC fans.
Their club has signed Pryce and rumoured that Fui Fui is going their way at 34.
What on earth happens to people when they take over that club?
Great RL city, great club, terrific support, yet squad after squad signing after signing year after year it's an utter shambles.
Next year I can't see them making the top 8 and could they be certain of winning the relegation play off games?
Last year they were 6th in SL, made the Cup Final then sacked the coach.
Now look at them!
Poor Hull FC fans they really don't deserve all this!

#13 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

Surely Moi Moi is just a bad rumour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users