TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

lessons learnt

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Oxford has a duck pond in the ground and apparently you need to play Hemel when its dry due to the lack of concrete walkways!

Will be a fascinating adventure that im peversely looking forward to.

It should be a groundhopper's delight BTJ.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#22 PKK

PKK
  • Coach
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Dont be daft Hopkins whos attracted to south wales gateshead Gloucester etc

Me actually. We'll be there, as I'd imagine will a lot of the usual away support.

However, what have those locations got to do with entry prices at The Mount?
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

#23 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

Standard of entertainment?

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#24 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Standard of entertainment?

That's up to us, not to them, surely?

#25 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

You can only play what is put in front of you.

The calibre\experience of players and officials will dictate the play.

in my arrogance I hold batley as a upper championship side whos remained there for long enough.
Now as punishment for not cutting the mustard and avoiding the trapdoor we are thrust into an area of "development" (p.c enough? )

#26 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

You can only play what is put in front of you.

in my arrogance I hold batley as a upper championship side whos remained there for long enough.
Now as punishment for not cutting the mustard and avoiding the trapdoor we are thrust into an area of "development" (p.c enough? )

I think the brand of rugby we play at home dictates the perceived standard of entertainment,not the opposition. We have been an 'upper championship side' for perhaps 5 of the last 20 years, maybe more.

We will end up wherever we do at the end of the season because we deserve to be there. We have no right to be anywhere in the league.

I am hopeful that the BOD will be pro active in recruitment to give us a side that gives us a strong chance of promotion, including recruiting players from our current squad.

#27 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

If there wasnt a high impetus to sign guaranteed quality for a strong championship campaign im not sure the board will stretch themselves to employ good players to ensure seemingly winnable games go our way in 2015

#28 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

from standard of officials i have seen this season in the championship and ones i have seen in championship 1 , they are both as bad at both levels, as for standard of players there  are some decent players and standards have improved

Yes we have been an upper championship side for a few seasons but unfortunately nothing lasts forever as Bulls fan have come to find out and we go on about Fax fans been arrogant believing they are still big time charlies

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#29 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

Excuse me asking I'm only a Fev fan....but when was Batley actually relegated? Hope your players are not full of doom and gloom;

#30 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

Got everything crossed and fear for the future of our little club but the drop will be decided versus swinton on sunday not away at donny.

divisional security was flouted away at haven, the deduction was salt in the injury and the second season defeat to our nearest and dearest just typified the season.

#31 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

they are not yet, but i must be in a minority who thinks they still have a chance of stopping up

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#32 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

Probably worth forgetting about Whitehaven - they'll beat both Swinton and Rochdale at a canter.
We need to beat both Swinton and Doncaster, hope that in the meantime Keighley don't pick up a single point against Dewsbury or Featherstone and somehow ensure that we make up a gap of 60 in points difference.
All we can hope is that our neighbours do us a favour, Featherstone give the Cougars a good stuffing and we do our bit.
Not going to happen, is it.

Edited by TheTerminator, 24 August 2014 - 06:39 PM.

Posted Image

#33 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Excuse me asking I'm only a Fev fan....but when was Batley actually relegated? Hope your players are not full of doom and gloom;

Phil.....Ill bet you ten bob.........we get relegated......

#34 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

I can easy see Keighley not picking up a point and losing both quite heavily ... So looking at it it could still come down to your own hands . Should be beating Swinton with you having a lot to play for , so it could come down to Donny . And who knows on the final day , strange things happen ? To stay up that's a hell of an incentive , and they may not have nearly as much on it ?

Edited by DavidM, 24 August 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#35 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

So have Batley not lodged an appeal against the 3 point deduction?   

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#36 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Course they havr keith but the bulls had a better chance of reversing their punishment based on sentiment alone

#37 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 853 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

So have Batley not lodged an appeal against the 3 point deduction?

Not yet

#38 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

I can easy see Keighley not picking up a point and losing both quite heavily ... So looking at it it could still come down to your own hands . Should be beating Swinton with you having a lot to play for , so it could come down to Donny . And who knows on the final day , strange things happen ? To stay up that's a hell of an incentive , and they may not have nearly as much on it ?

You're right, nothing is settled yet even if the probabilities do point to Batley going down. (The analogy of Sunderland in that "other sport" is a case in point.)

Edited by Blind side johnny, 25 August 2014 - 11:28 AM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#39 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

Not yet

you work for the RFL LeeF

#40 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

Course they havr keith but the bulls had a better chance of reversing their punishment based on sentiment alone

I think you could be right 9'oller after reading your Chairman's comments in today's League Weekly.   His appeal is based on the fact that no-one at the club knew about the 3 games before the deadline rule.    If that is it then I can't see the appeal being successful.   All the other clubs seem to have known about it, including Doncaster who say they rang the RFL to ask about playing Crookes.    It has been talked about on various Championship forums, including this one, both this season and last.   KN does say though that he takes full responsibility for the error and he can't be any fairer than that.

Edited by Keith T, 25 August 2014 - 01:58 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users