Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Realistically ....

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

Who would you like to sign this close season....

#2 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Wouldnt mind seeing Mossop from Barrow, the hooker. Ben Black from Batley would be a good signing.

Hopefully we can get Tierney , Murphy and Burke on a years loan aswell.

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

PV has contacts at Wigan , and contacts with Salford . Salfords fringe players may get squeezed by new signings as they get pushed on by Koukash , so may be worth keeping eyes on there . Adam Walne would still be good , and someone like Jason Walton who we struggled to handle in the centres at Batley ? Love Manfredi back , but doubtful I guess . Tierney definitely for a year , for his xfactor ability . Who knows , but interesting times

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

I thought Ryan Shaw played well against us for Barrow and I think he would be a good acquisition to our squad.   In the forwards there is a lad called Josh Crowley at Oldham who looks to me to be in the Acton mode of player.  At halfback the lad Grimshaw at Hunslet  would be a good signing but we don't know who PV has in mind so let's wait and see.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Some of Barra forum have Shaw at Bradford , but yes good player and kicking hot-shot . I guess PV's half is the big one as you say Keith . If Wigan replace Green , I wonder where Sam Powell lies .

Edited by DavidM, 24 August 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

I would be seeing if thacks is back this season, he should be an easy persuade. Adam Walne, Sam obst and Harrison from barrow. Murphy on a permanent would be ideal as well.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Props, scrum half

#8 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

There was a second rower for north wales who really stood out when we played them .. Don't know his name... Mossop / Harrison would be good from barrow aswell as ben Davies also is it bullock a prop at barrow? However I think lucock will be enough of a deputy for matty given the chance. Return for acton maybe depending on how leigh push on... ?

#9 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

I would be seeing if thacks is back this season, he should be an easy persuade. Adam Walne, Sam obst and Harrison from barrow. Murphy on a permanent would be ideal as well.

barrow fans say Harrison probably wouldn't leave barrow due to his work.

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

Talking of Crusaders , Rob Massam is far to good for champ one . Dalton Grant is to . Stephen Wild was probably the second row Townie . I think we're more than fine at hooker , bring on and trust Lucock next year . He is more than able . Front row , half , outside back , and I think DR is 3 , so on reduced numbers you'd like to think we'd get better consistent quality dependent on the health of their squad . But hopefully just as an added top up . Sure this year it will be , we look much more on top of things

Edited by DavidM, 24 August 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#11 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

I'd be interested in Dalton Grant, but not if he plays like he did against Town, losing the ball on the try line and that 'voluntary tackle' (do they ever get penalised?). Ben Black has the brain but i think his body says no nowadays. Would make a concerted effort to get the Walne brothers up here, and Tom Walker on loan but i think he'll get quite a few runs out for Warrington next year, unless its them that are looking to top up Fuifuo Moimoi's pension fund next year like they've done with that pot-hoss Asotasi. I'd get the feelers well and truly out in Fiji, PNG, NZ and Oz too, see if we can find a couple of early 20's monsters looking to make a name for themselves!

#12 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:39 PM

Remember won't there be a full time role going now stacks left for an outside job?

#13 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

Talking of Crusaders , Rob Massam is far to good for champ one . Dalton Grant is to . Stephen Wild was probably the second row Townie . I think we're more than fine at hooker , bring on and trust Lucock next year . He is more than able . Front row , half , outside back , and I think DR is 3 , so on reduced numbers you'd like to think we'd get better consistent quality dependent on the health of their squad . But hopefully just as an added top up . Sure this year it will be , we look much more on top of things

Think Wilde was at 13 .. This guy was an "unknown" but has been in the team of the week a couple of times .

What's up with big ginge at Gateshead ? He injured ?

#14 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

NWC 2nd rower was Gary Middlehurst tore us a new one at DP
bluewhitearmy

#15 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

Was Toby Adamson the N Wales player? Also anyone know what happened to Mark Offerdahl? He went well for USA in the world cup and was at N Wales. I assume he's injured.
Wonder what Lloyd White's plans are for next season?

Update: just googled Offerdahl.....signed for the Dragons in the NRL.....thats that then!

Edited by Monkeydo, 24 August 2014 - 10:07 PM.

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

Offerdahl went to Oz to trial for the dragons , but came back to sign for Bradford. White is under long term contract at Widnes , newly renewed ... Samir Tahr... Samir Taroo....Tahrou.... Errr , big French lad having a trial at Bradford to !

Edited by DavidM, 24 August 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#17 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

Should've said i wonder what Widnes' plans are for Lloyd White really, he'd be a killer championship stand off

#18 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

That's the one gary middlehurst .. One of the best all round performances I've seen this season. Might have been a one off tho lol

What's happened to ryan McDonald ?

#19 kh80

kh80
  • Facebook
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

Ryan signed for london skolars after a loan spell then signed for Gateshead last week

#20 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

There was a second rower for north wales who really stood out when we played them .. Don't know his name... Mossop / Harrison would be good from barrow aswell as ben Davies also is it bullock a prop at barrow? However I think lucock will be enough of a deputy for matty given the chance. Return for acton maybe depending on how leigh push on... ?

Joe Bullock is actually a Leigh player who has been on loan/DR at Barrow for the season. He is highly rated at Leigh and has signed a full time contract there for 2015.

Edited by AlanE, 25 August 2014 - 08:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users