Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2015 - season tickets and marketing & matchday ideas

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Notice that Keighley have released details of season tickets, wondering if we will be having any special early birds deals, season tickets prices will have to be increased for 2015, to keep our squad as competitive with other teams.Any details when prices will be released for 2015 season?

Edited by Tom Coates, 03 October 2014 - 08:50 AM.

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

MS spoke about this at the meeting the other week saying how difficult the balance is between affordability and the need to strengthen the team. I believe that September was being targetted for an announcement of some kind.

I'm personallya little suspicious of Keighley's tactics and we shouldn't take their actions as being in any way typical. As well as announcing heavily discounted prices for 2015 they also announced that their gate price was rising to £17. That's a novel approach to bait and switch isn't it - raise the unit cost then heavily discount for a bulk buy?

One factor that MS did refer to, which hadn't occured to me before, is the effect of our ageing fan base with more than 50% of season tickets now being sold as concessions. This compares with only 22% not so many years ago. In other words, even if we maintain atendance figures the actual gate income is steadily dropping. This is an issue that is facing all clubs below SL level I believe.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

MS spoke about this at the meeting the other week saying how difficult the balance is between affordability and the need to strengthen the team. I believe that September was being targetted for an announcement of some kind.

I'm personallya little suspicious of Keighley's tactics and we shouldn't take their actions as being in any way typical. As well as announcing heavily discounted prices for 2015 they also announced that their gate price was rising to £17. That's a novel approach to bait and switch isn't it - raise the unit cost then heavily discount for a bulk buy?

One factor that MS did refer to, which hadn't occured to me before, is the effect of our ageing fan base with more than 50% of season tickets now being sold as concessions. This compares with only 22% not so many years ago. In other words, even if we maintain atendance figures the actual gate income is steadily dropping. This is an issue that is facing all clubs below SL level I believe.

I'm either extremely loyal or extremely dim - I get my ticket as a Xmas present from the wife, but I haven't told her I can get a concession - god help me if she finds out. ;)

#4 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Though the drop in income is an issue, I think the older generation are a potentially untapped market.

Generally, they have more free time as family commitments reduce i.e.kids grow up, they have more disposable income than young families and as shown above have more loyalty. The average life expectancy of a 65 year old is 20 years.

Yes we should encourage youngsters to attend, but we shouldn't forget the old 'uns either. Who knows they might even bring their grandkids.

I have suggested this before, but I am sure organisations like Probus, Rotary club would be happy to have GM and/or his wife come along and talk about being a professional coach / marketing etc..They are usually looking for speakers and we could invite them to a game in return.

#5 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

I'm personallya little suspicious of Keighley's tactics and we shouldn't take their actions as being in any way typical. As well as announcing heavily discounted prices for 2015 they also announced that their gate price was rising to £17. That's a novel approach to bait and switch isn't it - raise the unit cost then heavily discount for a bulk e.

Very difficult to get the balance right, but £17 per game is idiotic. I stopped going to Leigh and Halifax because of the ridiculous price and won't ever pay £16 to get into that dump at Sheffield ever again. If Keighley charge £17 that's another ground I won't be going to.
As to season tickets. I am sure it's tempting to hike the prices again, it's not cheap paying for a squad of 80 (I might exaggerate, but only a tad) but much more than £120 and it will def put some people off.
Glad it's not me making the decision!
The point about our ageing speccies is interesting. I have mentioned on here before that there can't be more than 10 people who ever pay the full fee to get in the south Stand. The concession / juniors queue seems to include ages from 5 to 25 and then 50 upwards....Almost impossible to police I know.....

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

Though the drop in income is an issue, I think the older generation are a potentially untapped market.

Generally, they have more free time as family commitments reduce i.e.kids grow up, they have more disposable income than young families and as shown above have more loyalty. The average life expectancy of a 65 year old is 20 years.

Yes we should encourage youngsters to attend, but we shouldn't forget the old 'uns either. Who knows they might even bring their grandkids.

I have suggested this before, but I am sure organisations like Probus, Rotary club would be happy to have GM and/or his wife come along and talk about being a professional coach / marketing etc..They are usually looking for speakers and we could invite them to a game in return.

A very good point WR and one that a few other organisations are recognising. Without the short-term there can't be a long-term to plan for, so targetting immediate markets can have an instantly beneficial effect. After all it's not as if we're expected to pay to stand on windswept open terraces any more, is it?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:43 PM

The prices for the 2015 Season Tickets are below:

Main Stand

Adults - £155 (With the option of paying in £16.50 instalments over 10 months. The first instalment being on 01/12/14)

Concessions - £110 (With the option of paying in £12.00 instalments over 10 months)

South Stand

Adults - £140 (With the option of paying in £15.00 instalments over 10 months)

Concessions - £95 (With the option of paying in £10.50 instalments over 10 months)

Under 16's

Under 16's receive a FREE season ticket. Accompanied by a 'Reward Scheme'. The cut-off date to enter the reward scheme is 31 December 2014.

Season Tickets include:

11 Home Championship Games

3 or 4 'Super 8' Home Game

Entry to Home Reserve Games

They do not include cup, friendly or 2nd phase play-off games.

Tickets are on sale now and will be delivered at the start of October. Please call the office on 01924 465489 to order or if you have any questions.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#8 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

Need to all back the club now though, clubs budgeted for average crowds of 1300 next year and will be doing an hell of a lot of promoting the kids scheme with schools and local amatuer clubs. Mark as asked though for us the fans to get on to people to get to games, wether new fans or potential supporters, we all must know some people who's arm can be twisted in to following the fans. Club budgeted for 1,100 averages this year so we wasn't too dissapointed with the 1,044 average crowd but mark and glen have been dissapointed with some of the crowds in the 6-700 barrier.. The club are wanted to gain another 2-300 home fans next year and if we don't get them the following years budget will be down. The aim in the next 2 to 3 years is to break in to superleague but mark said that's up to the dews public to support it and get to the matches, with the income streams coming in to the club the next few years mark says they will be nothing to stop us going that far other than if the gates stay the same as this year- a club is nothing without people supporting it! That's what he said so time to do our bit as supporters!!! .....

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

Very attractive prices and I shall certainly be renewing. I would have liked to have seen a bundle that included a new club shirt but can understand the complications in such an offering.

Will we see a relaunch of DREMA and the Lottery? Both of these are quite low key in my opinion and I've never had my arm twisted to join. Any and every way of raking in the cash to pay for the new squad must be pursued in my opinion.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:50 PM

I will be getting a season ticket as well as re-sponsoring the same player as this season!

#11 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:35 PM

ST15.jpg

2015 season tickets are on sale now: http://dewsbury.rlst.../season-tickets

To find out how you can pay in monthly installments, call 01924 465489.

#12 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:09 PM

I see Cooky beat Glen to the coach of the year award. Hard to argue with that despite the fact that GM outwitted him both home and way.lol...
At least Rowley didn't win. Given Leigh won nearly everything else that was a relief...

Edited by Tom Coates, 03 October 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#13 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

leigh are demanding a re-count and contacting each coach to find out who they voted for and why. As it was voted by other coaches i guess most were put of voting for him by his recent found arrogance. i think they could get brought down a peg or two come sunday.
i thought morrison deserved it

Edited by Deano44, 01 October 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:14 PM

i thought morrison deserved it

Why?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#15 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:42 PM

To be fair it could of gone to a number of coaches... Vievers, rowley, Morrison, or Cooke but out of them I believe Cooke deserves it.

#16 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

morrison by a mile,,him and his other half along with the bod have worked wonders for dewsbury on and off the pitch,it as to make so much difference to help make the mind up of a player wanting to sign for you guys, am sure dewsbury fans are in for a great 2015 season with plenty of quality in the squad and a few old heads to steer them on the park.try get a few special offers up for dogs season ticket holders to visit when were not clashing and the crowds might just swell with us fans that just love a cracking game choose whos playing.nice one.

#17 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

morrison by a mile,,him and his other half along with the bod have worked wonders for dewsbury on and off the pitch,it as to make so much difference to help make the mind up of a player wanting to sign for you guys, am sure dewsbury fans are in for a great 2015 season with plenty of quality in the squad and a few old heads to steer them on the park.try get a few special offers up for dogs season ticket holders to visit when were not clashing and the crowds might just swell with us fans that just love a cracking game choose whos playing.nice one.

I can't for the life of me understand why all the clubs - Championship and SL, don't come together and set up an agreement by which discounted entry is given to the season ticket holders of any other club. If championship and ch1 clubs drew a hundred floating voters every week, it could make a big difference.

To be fair it could of gone to a number of coaches... Vievers, rowley, Morrison, or Cooke but out of them I believe Cooke deserves it.

#18 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

Playing 1 or 2 Friday night games next year to attract floating supporters, think the bulls home match is one of the matches the club will look at

#19 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

Playing 1 or 2 Friday night games next year to attract floating supporters, think the bulls home match is one of the matches the club will look at

My preference is to play Friday night but you could lose as many as you gain!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#20 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

The main aim for us next year though attendance wise is to shift season tickets and average 1300 gates , especially the free junior season tickets as the club see this as big part of the future. The club will be doing a big push on them in the off season and will soon start it's marketing campaign.. Plenty of stuff in the pipeline to attract bigger crowds.. I know the club have been dissapointed with this years 1044 average

Edited by christheram, 02 October 2014 - 11:35 AM.