Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

score

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#1 Pink panther

Pink panther
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Score predictions for leigh away ill go leigh 32 town 20 BP ill be happy with that

#2 Anonymouse

Anonymouse
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

42 - 16 . Leigh will be just too powerful at home with a good crowd .

#3 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

Toughest game of the season. Would love a BP but I will predict Leigh by 20. Hope I am proved wrong.

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

Town 22 Leigh 26

#5 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,910 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Unfortunately I can't see anything other than our one and only trouncing of the season. Its a big day for Leigh and they'll be wanting to put on a show in front of a big home crowd. No reflection on the effort our lads will put in, its no disgrace to be beaten by a few at Leigh this year. Who knows, our lads might spring the shock of the season :tongue:

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Agreed derwent . No disgrace . They're bombing along and it's a big day for them . Realistically we've been stuttering , and are unpredictable away . But the best does bring out our best , so that's the one thing for us . But minimising the size of the bite out of our points difference is relative success , because you can easy ship a lot here through no fault of your own . If we do get a point then it'll be a party , never mind happy !! But can't see it at all , 30 or so is pretty unscathed

Edited by DavidM, 27 August 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

I think Leigh By 36. I wish I could say a town win, but got to be honest there better than some super league teams this year and as long as our boys play with plenty of pride then I'll be happy...... And maybe one of them taking actons head off
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Fair shout . Just look after your own effort . Can do no more . Then some end of term dazzle to put Dews to bed

#9 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

LOL.... the deluded ones are at it again!

Haven get six points from last two games and seventh spot is on the cards. Can't see Town getting a point from the last two, as Dewsbury have everything to play for and where they finish could mean a difference of 50k next season

If we manage a bonus point against Leigh their delusions will be shattered!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#10 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

you lot should beat dewsbury no problem they're nowt special

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Predetermines that haven and Dewsbury have incentives to play for , and town don't ... and will let Dewsbury do what no other team has done . Do they think this stuff through ?

#12 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Whichever dope wrote that quote obviously doesn't realise that the money for 5th or 6th is the same and regardless or what happens (barring a miracle) Dewsbury will finish in one of those positions so effectively they ARE playing for nothing.

Edited by GeordieTownie, 27 August 2014 - 08:05 PM.

#13 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

even funnier one of them compared a recent quality NRL match to their match v batley. They think their last two games are won already. Hornets are poor but their trip to swinton is far from an easy win.

Edited by town4me, 27 August 2014 - 08:26 PM.

#14 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

Leigh by 50. Prove me wrong please boys!

#15 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

Not a chance on 50 , I'm gonna keep my usual big mouth shut but do not write yourselves off this weekend , I've watched Leigh 9 times this year and they are quality at times but Rowley knows they have got out of jail a few times even though the score line doesn't suggest it

If you get enough field position to allow you to hit there right edge often then it could get interesting

Edited by wonderofwood, 27 August 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#16 bomberisgod

bomberisgod
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

I think Leigh By 36. I wish I could say a town win, but got to be honest there better than some super league teams this year and as long as our boys play with plenty of pride then I'll be happy...... And maybe one of them taking actons head off

no need for that whatever you think of the bloke.

#17 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

I remember watching us spoil York's triumphant end of season party at York one year and it would be something to repeat a similar feat, and our lads certainly wont fear them, but suppose I would be happy with a BP.

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

no need for that whatever you think of the bloke.

figure of speech, but no need to bite our players on 2 occasions either.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#19 bomberisgod

bomberisgod
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

No need to bite players i agree ..but to say tek his head off is out off order.

#20 bomberisgod

bomberisgod
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

Back on topic .a gutsy performance will do me.get a b.p and the lambrini is on ice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users