Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

BATLEY THIS SUNDAY

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

The BOD have asked me to inform you that the game at Batley on Sunday will now be a 3pm Kick Off.

Thanks

Riggy

#2 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

Huge game for us this Sunday and indeed the Whitehaven fixture as I believe there is a 15k payment to the club finishing 3rd from bottom.

These 2 matches are winnable so let's all be there and make some noise, it's gonna be a long time till February!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#3 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Just 2 games left now and as said previously both have implications for all the sides involved, so lets get along and give the lads support and end with positive vibes for next season

#4 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

It will be a really tough game on Sunday - Batley must win and hope Whitehaven slip up, as has been said by Loyalion - we must finish above the bottom two to get the 15K payment........so all to play for.

#5 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

We always play rubbish there
Nonetheless hopefully see you all there

#6 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

Good luck today
And fingers crossed you'll come away with a victory

I'll be cheering for you from ram's Stadium :)

#7 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

Coolie will be cheering from the toilet. Licking the seat

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#8 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

Coolie will be cheering from the toilet. Licking the seat

Yup
And it was worth every lick
Seeing Keighley snatch a late bonus point

Like a dagger to the heart ;)

Edited by coolie, 31 August 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#9 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

Good luck in play offs coolie

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#10 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

We were well beaten by a better team in the end but at half time we were still in touch having played up the slope and into the wind so I thought we might make a game of it.  We had an excellent chance to score first in the second half when their defender did exceptionally well to hold up Darren Hawkyard over the line when it looked like a certain try.  If we had taken that chance it might have been a different story but after that Batley really got into their stride, grew in confidence and scored some very good tries and we just faded away.  I have heard we didn't manage to complete a single set of six in the second period and we made some daft errors as we tried to find a way back into the game.

I hope we can put up a much better show for our final game next week as there is a lot riding on it for Whitehaven and we could most certainly do with edging Rochdale for the £15k for finishing out of the bottom two.

Come on Lions give us something to smile about with a big, big effort and hopefully a win to end the season.

#11 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

That's about right DS. We are a physically broken team at the moment where as other clubs still have everything to play for and it shows.

One last hurrah next week to have a say in who goes down with us and possibly finish in a position that sees us in a position above the normal relegation spots. Plus earn the club a much needed cash bonus!

BTW I believe Luke Menzies told a Batley fan today that he was going to Salford next season. Not unexpected!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#12 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

When were we last "nilled" in league game?

There were the two floggings by Wire, and Huddersfield in consecutive seasons in the challenge cup, not all that long ago where we didn't trouble the scorers. But in a league encounter? I can't recall it, so.................

A question for Steve Wild I would have thought!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#13 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

Today - poor,poor and poor hate to say that but today very embarrassed against what could be a fellow relegation side - one game left so lets at least be competitive but today showing nothing in attack and woeful defence left me with a sad feeling  - lots of questions being asked after the game  but who knows what the solution is

#14 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

Team selection looked good to me..............so the result should have been better...............enough experienced players in the squad..........maybe just the fact that the end of the season cannot come quickly enough.........hopefully the team will be better next week and give us all something to smile about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users