We're not safe yet

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

The RFL proving what a joke of an organisation it is and have reinstated batleys points. Huge game vs Dewsbury now.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

You must be joking . Keighley and haven are the ones who' be just got a major sweat on . We're not safe mathematically but are in a far better position

Edited by DavidM, 28 August 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#3 TrueBlue

TrueBlue
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Any one from us down to batley could go! Nail biting! Massive effort needed vs Leigh! BP saves us!

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Nope. Doncaster and batley have both had there 3 points reinstated. 3 teams still have to catch us but it puts massive pressure on us a week on Sunday vs Dewsbury. I still can't see keighley winning either of there games and but it's still a few more sleepless nights for us all.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

I just don't get that - they look at something for two days mind ! But it's important we don't focus on this or get sour . It's nothing to do with us . Let haven's barrack room lawyers get their teeth into it . They are sweating , but I'd say Keighley are really sweating to . It still needs a lot to happen to get us dragged down . I don't think it'll have much of a return on us. We will get at least 45 and be fine - cougars have Dews n Fev and Batley still end up at fortress Donny . And haven need two wins and a big points swing . So , we'll do the biz on the field and and at least it'll all be decided on the pitch , which means no hard luck stories or moaning

Edited by DavidM, 28 August 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

Yeah we should be beating dews up here, never mind scraping a point. It's still in our hands and that's all you can ask. Haven won't be thrilled of going away to Swinton and needing a win. But it stills puts a pause on next years plans until it's confirmed again. Hopefully Swinton beat batley on Sunday and puts an end to it all.

#7 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

I just don't get that - they look at something for two days mind ! But it's important we don't focus on this or get sour . It's nothing to do with us . Let haven's barrack room lawyers get their teeth into it . They are sweating , but I'd say Keighley are really sweating to . It still needs a lot to happen to get us dragged down . I don't think it'll have much of a return on us. We will get at least 45 and be fine - cougars have Dews n Fev and Batley still end up at fortress Donny . And haven need two wins and a big points swing . So , we'll do the biz on the field and and at least it'll all be decided on the pitch , which means no hard luck stories or moaning

Fair post mate let it be settled on the field don't think you have anything to worry about however I can hear Woods bleating down here

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

He should have stayed well away . He was out of order . It shouted of desperation - not a good sign. Keighley are in poll position for me now , but haven are under more pressure to and need to forget this and not comment .

Edited by DavidM, 28 August 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#9 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

I look forward to seeing o'loughlin, Bowden, charnley etc play for town, maybe we can use the "its confusing" legal defence too.

#10 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

We could play who we wanted now and legally the RFL wouldn't be able to do anything about it now they've set a precedent.

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

The RFL will need to explain the decision and the reasoning , so that will be very interesting whatever the viewpoint

#12 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

They won't have a clue why they've done it!

#13 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

play who you want pay the fine gonna be a scrap for saints players this week from us and rochdale oh wait were playing each over

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

The RFL will need to explain the decision and the reasoning , so that will be very interesting whatever the viewpoint

i think it will go something like 'we would much prefer john kear and his band of bulldogs in the championship over the Cumbrians and keighley as in our eyes there much more marketable, blah blah blah'.

#15 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Ah it's ok to field ineligible players then. This could get messy.

#16 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

I guarantee it will get messy if anyone other batley get relegated.

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

With these hearings of whatever sort , it always seems strange that an eminent body spends lots of time wading through evidence and mulling over an impartial decision based on that evidence ... Then an appeal comes , and another body in another room comes to a totally contrary or less severe conclusion with I take it the same evidence ? Have Batley got new evidence not seen first up ( what and why wait ? ) ... Otherwise it's very confusing getting two different punishments from the same evidence ... A third appeal may get back to square one !! As I say , it's for other people , but I think we'll all be hanging on for the explanation. It's rather confusing as of now , and turns things that seemed settled back upside down . At least a couple of clubs and their boards will be very tense now - will they do anything ??!! Watch this space as you guys say ....

Edited by DavidM, 28 August 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#18 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

There can't have been new evidence as the reason given for it happening was we weren't aware of the rule. It shouldn't affect us anyway but it's a rather bizarre and embarrassing situation for the RFL. That's what you get when you have a professional sport run by amateurs! It wouldn't happen in football and it wouldn't happen in rugby union.

#19 bomberisgod

bomberisgod
  • Coach
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

What a total kybosh they (rfl) have made of this.a total bunch of pillocks.

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

There can't have been new evidence as the reason given for it happening was we weren't aware of the rule. It shouldn't affect us anyway but it's a rather bizarre and embarrassing situation for the RFL. That's what you get when you have a professional sport run by amateurs! It wouldn't happen in football and it wouldn't happen in rugby union.

It's confusing then ! Good job we've done 99% of the task . Big games coming up now . I keep coming back to Dews v Keighley and Keighley v Fev . Very tough . 42 or 43 could be the drop total, and points diff is back in it

Edited by DavidM, 28 August 2014 - 03:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users