Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

We're not safe yet

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

The DR is staying next year.

#42 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Don't think it is finished . Changed yes ? but I've heard nothing definite on it

#43 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

The DR is staying next year.

As far as I'm aware its not in our league just the league below.

#44 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

We have trout and annakin on DR this season but we have got them on season long loans for next season because of no DR next season.The powers that be might change the rules though lol.

#45 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

News to me . The ' working party ' was investigating - but they say they still strive to see minimal barriers to players playing in lower leagues . It'll be here in some form . I think loan arrangements may be the way to go if possible.

Edited by DavidM, 28 August 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#46 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

We have trout and annakin on DR this season but we have got them on season long loans for next season because of no DR next season.The powers that be might change the rules though lol.

dr is happening next year, but only 3 players per club.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#47 mike9

mike9
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

RFL state previous breaches with no punishments were the reason for awarding the points back.

I would like to know what power john kear as got with the rfl. SPINLESS THE LOT OF THEM.

That's all I can say.

#48 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

dr is happening next year, but only 3 players per club.

If you're right I stand corrected. I presumed with us loaning our 2 DR players for next season their wouldn't be any DR for our league. We must of cut our DR ties I'm guessing then. IMO though their is alot at stake next season probably more so than this. I can't see the clubs wanting SL being in a DR agreement as its not in their best interests especially if they meet their parent club in the middle 8. With what's happened today I think its time it was scraped for good personally.I know teams need it to save money but why can't they loan players to clubs for a season and if needs be can recall them to fill gaps through injurys? I like the idea of only 3 but it should be 3 loaned for the season but can be recalled if needs be but no replacement. This way the SL clubs will only allow future players out on loan and won't recall them unless needs be. I think its a win win for both clubs this way. At least you know these guys will be with you most of the season instead of getting one, one week and a different player the next or not being available etc. just my opinion of course.I hate DR as you can probably tell lol.

#49 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

Three good quality loans if possible is better I'd agree , to give stability . But we'll see what happens . Our link with Wigan will remain from all we've heard .

Edited by DavidM, 28 August 2014 - 05:09 PM.

#50 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

The RFL have dropped a right clanger with this decision today. What's to stop keighley, whitehaven and even yourselves fielding in-eligible players to stay up if needs be? With the decision today theirs nothing stopping the clubs or any other club for that matter doing this.

#51 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

Last day is gonna be interesting is it not ?

#52 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

If I were you guys id be on the phone to mr wane asking him if you can have his first team to play leigh and make sure you stay up lol. Wigan don't like Leigh so it could work lol and no punishment would be forthcoming lol.

Edited by thundergaz, 28 August 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#53 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Last day is gonna be interesting is it not ?

lets hope batley,haven and keighley all lose on Sunday so we can all chill and watch the chaos.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#54 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

If I were you guys id be on the phone to mr wane asking him if you can have his first team to play leigh and make sure you stay up lol. Wigan don't like Leigh so it could work lol and no punishment would be forthcoming lol.

haven't batley said they were unaware they were breaking the rules.so any club deliberately breaking the rules would be a different situation all together and would probably result in a points deduction.

#55 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Ignorance isn't really a great defence - other than at Red Hall

#56 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

When it comes down to the RFL that old saying "you should always expect the unexpected" was never truer.

Batley's appeal was centred around the fact that they didn't know about this 3 game rule and it seems to me that they have upturned every stone to find that Haven broke the same rule last year and didn't get punished.    As they haven't punished any teams either last year or this then it would be very difficult for them to punish another team if they now broke the same rule this season.

It's ironic though that the one coach that shouted loudest about the perceived miscarriage of justice just happened to be coach of the team that broke the rule last year and got away with it!!!  As they say "touche".

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#57 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

The one coach who saved batley's bacon ... How's that for karma

#58 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

He wouldn't save any bacon! Only salad!

I can't believe what a bunch of clueless w*****s the RFL have been over this. They just keep finding new ways to make themselves look a bigger shambles than they were! I don't know how long I can keep putting up with this before I give up on Rugby League completely, and if I do only myself and Town will lose out, those pricks at the RFL won't give a rats ass!

#59 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

I wonder how clubs would stand legally should they get relegated now instead of Batley. I expect some (included our own) will have given contracts out with the knowledge they were safe, as Batley had blatantly broken the rules, even if it was unknowingly. This isnt anything against Batley, or doncaster but the RFL have created a ridiculous situation where precedent is now set and will not be changed, I presume it now means any club in breach of a rule can hunt back through the previous seasons to find a club or player getting away with it and use that as a defence. Thats a huge can of worms. Well more like a whopping great silo of worms.

#60 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

A wormhole of worms .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users