Players departing

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

Was confirmed on RC today that Shaw has signed for Bradford and I am sure it was also mentioned that Mossop is leaving ?

Posted Image

#2 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Backy is retiring from the semi pro game. I dont know about Mossop only time will tell

• tec likes this

#3 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

well its like a game of golf..one good drive makes the game. it was a great way to end the season. No matter what happens I will be there next season cheering whoever plays for Barrow. that is the difference between the Raiders and other clubs we can still bring in over 800 fans when e are on the bones of our ###### and over 2500 when we are at the top of our game. I really hope we secure the right coach this time and retain a core squad we can build on pre season but decisions have to be made quickly and not based on personal preferences but on what is best for the club. Im so happy I made the last home game and the crowd were fantastic as always.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#4 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

before anyone comments; I know we have another game but I'm away for that one as well..

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

we cant afford to lose the likes of Mossy or else we will be buggered !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#6 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

I may have misheard the radio commentary Lee, When Mossop scored the last try, Backhouse took the goal as it was his last home game for Barrow. I'm not sure if John Gibson was referring to Mossop or Backhouse when he said he had played his last home game in a Barrow shirt. We need to keep hold of the best local lads like Mossop, Dawson, Harrison, Campbell, Wiper, Toal.

Posted Image

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

ahh ok mate.......I take it Dawson is injured as he hasn't played for a few weeks now?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#8 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

I might be wrong but is Mossop not on a 2 year deal?

#9 Water Boy

Water Boy
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

ahh ok mate.......I take it Dawson is injured as he hasn't played for a few weeks now?

Injured? He knocked a 100 for milliom cricket the other week!!

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

I might be wrong but is Mossop not on a 2 year deal?

most players will have it in there contract that if there relegated they can move on.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#11 MABOWN

MABOWN
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

if the new coach comes in and decides to have an academy i would like to see campbell in there he could still do a job in that standard

#12 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

Rumour on terracing at rams last Sunday is that we've signed Dalton Grant for next season. I really bounce straight back up which I think you can with the right choice of coach!!!

#13 MABOWN

MABOWN
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

Apparently Bradford have watched a few games recently and couldn't believe what they have signed, the chairman thought it was a joke when james lowes pointed out shaw as the player they had signed, They have pulled out of the shaw deal which could be good news for us, hope the direcors can get him signed up quick before someone else comes in for him, would like to see him run forward though like backhouse, he just seems to run sideways like a scared crab

#14 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:12 PM

Rumour on terracing at rams last Sunday is that we've signed Dalton Grant for next season. I really bounce straight back up which I think you can with the right choice of coach!!!

Apart from Harrison he was our best player this year.

Scored so many tries he had no right to score. He should be playing SL IMO.

#15 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:39 PM

Hope he's signed but also hope barrow come straight back up. Top club. Hope you do better next season. You're loyal fans deserve it!

#16 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

Apparently Bradford have watched a few games recently and couldn't believe what they have signed, the chairman thought it was a joke when james lowes pointed out shaw as the player they had signed, They have pulled out of the shaw deal which could be good news for us, hope the direcors can get him signed up quick before someone else comes in for him, would like to see him run forward though like backhouse, he just seems to run sideways like a scared crab

Confirmed now, Shaw signed 1 year deal at Bradford.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users