Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Who's your money on to take the last relegation place.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

Out of the four teams who can mathematically still go down I will say the most likely to least likely 1. keighley 2. Batley. 3. haven 4. town

Edited by town4me, 31 August 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#2 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

Out of the four teams who can mathematically still go down I will say the most likely 1. keighley 2. Batley. 3. haven 4. town

All 4 will win with haven going down, what price will I get for that ?

#3 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

All 4 will win with haven going down, what price will I get for that ?

a good price I would say. Can't see dogs or cougars winning.i have keighley down as most likely due to playing fev

#4 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

After today's performance Id have to say Keighley. They would grace championship one

Edited by wonderofwood, 31 August 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#5 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 774 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

Batley for me just from cougars, haven should win at swinton.

#6 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

Currently I'd say the Pussycats are favourites for the drop, they've got the toughest match.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

I just can't see batley getting a point at Donny. There on a roll and just so strong at home. Haven will win comfortably and keighley will get battered. Town will beat Dewsbury by 16.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

I think it is between Keighley and Batley and I go with Keighley as I think Batley could grab a bonus point at Donny and they would send the Cougars down on points difference.    Haven should see off Swinton although the Lions are a different team at home and can score lots of points.   Their problem is they also concede lots of points as well.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

In the circumstances ie Cup tie mentality, I can see all three winning and it coming down to points difference.

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

Whatever I or anyone else think about things , why do all the reports I've seen say that point makes us safe ??
Also , Donny and Fev are playing for big big stakes next week ... Half a million and the chance to go full time . Incentives to just about match Batley and Keighley in there own way . Yesterday's results went well in that regard of keeping them pumped up . But that's on top of the fact already that they're far to much for the teams they're playing . I wouldn't have haven nailed on to win at all - Swinton can play at home , a win takes them out of the bottom two and more funds, and haven are like us - very unpredictable away . I'll say heart haven , but head says Keighley get nowt , and Batley dig out a point ( Black is back ) and narrowly send Keighley down on points difference , by under 10 !!

Edited by DavidM, 01 September 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#11 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

Of course I hadn't really considered it but yes huge amount at stake for both Donny and Fev and big bonus for the players I would imagine should they nail second.

#12 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

Whatever I or anyone else think about things , why do all the reports I've seen say that point makes us safe ??
Also , Donny and Fev are playing for big big stakes next week ... Half a million and the chance to go full time . Incentives to just about match Batley and Keighley in there own way . Yesterday's results went well in that regard of keeping them pumped up . But that's on top of the fact already that they're far to much for the teams they're playing . I wouldn't have haven nailed on to win at all - Swinton can play at home , a win takes them out of the bottom two and more funds, and haven are like us - very unpredictable away . I'll say heart haven , but head says Keighley get nowt , and Batley dig out a point ( Black is back ) and narrowly send Keighley down on points difference , by under 10 !!

yeah I notice all reports making out we are safe when we mathematically aren't but we certainly are the least likeliest out of the 4 teams. The nightmare scenario of haven winning by more than 12 and us losing by more than 12 only reallly affects the whole situation if dogs and cougars both win and I just don't think that will happen. So fixtures wise that's why I have cougars as favs followed by dogs.

Edited by town4me, 01 September 2014 - 12:07 PM.

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

PV talking in the RLE about recruitment nudging along behind the scenes , and again wanting four players - one for experience in our young squad . Agents pushing their players around like in football ! Think from next week the wheels will be turning and it'll be interesting times , as he wants things tied up pretty smartly

Edited by DavidM, 01 September 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#14 colcol

colcol
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

Workington will survive they have a great defense and a good coach . I support Haven and with that coach of ours ,don't put any money on Haven stopping up. A lot has been made of Batley getting their points back . It has been stated that other clubs have broken that rule through the season, I believe Haven is one of them, but I am not sure then it's only right that the points were returned to them. Haven are in this position now because of poor coaching on Woods part and inconsistency on the pitch.

Edited by colcol, 01 September 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#15 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

Workington will survive they have a great defense and a good coach . I support Haven and with that coach of ours ,don't put any money on Haven stopping up. A lot has been made of Batley getting their points back . It has been stated that other clubs have broken that rule through the season, I believe Haven is one of them, but I am not sure then it's only right that the points were returned to them. Haven are in this position now because of poor coaching on Woods part and inconsistency on the pitch.

swinton aren't just getting beat colcol they are getting nilled so that why I think cougars and dogs are favs IMO.

#16 colcol

colcol
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:40 PM

I do hope you are right town4me , I would miss playing Workington and that's even if you beat us.

#17 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

Fingers crossed its Keighley just for their lovely chairman.
Was text an interesting crack yesterday by a Haven fan mate who says Woods is out and a familiar face is returning as coach for next season. Can't see it happening though as H4E wouldn't sanction it given his views on the current training regime!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#18 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:49 PM

Fingers crossed its Keighley just for their lovely chairman.
Was text an interesting crack yesterday by a Haven fan mate who says Woods is out and a familiar face is returning as coach for next season. Can't see it happening though as H4E wouldn't sanction it given his views on the current training regime!

If its mcormack your on about he,s supposed to have already turned us down

#19 colcol

colcol
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

I understand that Woods will not be with us next year :), I hope that's true .

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:57 PM

If its mcormack your on about he,s supposed to have already turned us down

coach cotter. You read it here 1st
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users