Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Is Zak Hardaker set for another lengthy ban? (Merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

#1 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

Under investigation over remarks made against a Saints player.

Edited by Doghead, 02 September 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#2 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,911 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

http://www.loverugby...c-language.html

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#3 7723

• Coach
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

If this is true he really is an idiot. It didn't look good at the time. You would have hoped he had learnt his lesson from last time.

#4 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,911 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

sorry Doghead

didn't see your thread

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#5 Aaron Bower

Aaron Bower
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

The RFL have confirmed to League Express that they are investigating an alleged incident that took place in last Friday’s Leeds Rhinos v St Helens match – with several media outlets reporting it to be involving an alleged use of homophobic language from Leeds’ Zak Hardaker.

BBC Look North are reporting that it is Hardaker who is under investigation, and it is also our understanding that the full-back is under investigation.

The RFL have told us an incident from that game is under investigation.

Hardaker was suspended for five matches earlier this season after being found guilty of using homophobic language – if guilty again, he could face an eight-match suspension.

More on this huge story here on TotalRL.com: http://www.totalrl.c...ds-v-st-helens/

#6 Hvy wg

Hvy wg
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:44 AM

Sorry guys but what can you expect when UKIP is ranked as your #1 political party.

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

If proved, then a bigger punishment than before is called for. Bringing the game into disrepute, too, as this is the kind of story the press will relish using to smear RL as a whole.

It would simplify the England fullback selection...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 Total Rugby League

Total Rugby League
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

The RFL have confirmed to League Express that they are investigating an alleged incident that took place in last Friday’s Leeds Rhinos v St Helens match – with several media outlets reporting it to be involving an alleged use of homophobic language from Leeds’ Zak Hardaker.

BBC Look North are reporting that it is Hardaker who is under investigation, and it is also our understanding that the full-back is under investigation.

The RFL have told us an incident from that game is under investigation.

Hardaker was suspended for five matches earlier this season after being found guilty of using homophobic language – if guilty again, he could face an eight-match suspension.

The post Is Zak Hardaker set for another lengthy ban? appeared first on Rugby League news and Super League scores | Total Rugby League.

View the full article on TotalRL.com

#9 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:13 PM

I've seen the video and it looks conclusive. I hope the RFL make an example of him; no amount of joking on twitter after the event that both players 'enjoy the banter' mitigates the fact that this goes against the Respect code.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#10 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

I've seen the video and it looks conclusive. I hope the RFL make an example of him; no amount of joking on twitter after the event that both players 'enjoy the banter' mitigates the fact that this goes against the Respect code.

Most of the Twitter response is reasonable. A few idiots are claiming that there is a "which (sic) hunt" or that banter is part of the sport. If what he's alleged to have said is 'banter', then the Algonquin Round Table can rest easy.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

I've not seen the video, I'd like to think he wouldn't be so stupid but who knows

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

Surely if what many think has happened did happen, then the ban would be much longer than 8 matches?

#13 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

Probably.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#14 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:14 PM

I am not condoning it at all if he is guilty,but surely he can't be the only player coming out with this sort of thing during games.Maybe they should do what they do in baseball and cover their mouth's when they speak
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#15 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

I am not condoning it at all if he is guilty,but surely he can't be the only player coming out with this sort of thing during games.Maybe they should do what they do in baseball and cover their mouth's when they speak

I think he probably is, and if not, they should ban everyone else. If proven he doesn't deserve to play for England again.

Edited by Exiled Wiganer, 02 September 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#16 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

I think he probably is, and if not, they should ban everyone else. If proven he doesn't deserve to play for England again.

Leeds have sacked players in the past.If they did actually dismiss this player how many on here would have him play for their club?
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#17 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

I have just seen the video a few times and I am unsure at what was actually said. He certainly shouldn't be judged until all the facts are out. I have seen players blow kisses at each other many times in all the time I've watched RL.

I'm sure the RFL will be asking the players close to the incident and the referee. He has been found guilty once before and I am sure that was a thorough investigated also.

Edited by Scubby, 02 September 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#18 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

I have just seen the video a few times and I am unsure at what was actually said.

Me too.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#19 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

I have just seen the video a few times and I am unsure at what was actually said. He certainly shouldn't be judged until all the facts are out. I have seen players blow kisses at each other many times in all the time I've watched RL.

I'm sure the RFL will be asking the players close to the incident and the referee. He has been found guilty once before and I am sure that was a thorough investigated also.

Yep, I must admit, the Super League logo is flashed over his mouth on the clips I saw, I didn't see it live, so I have no idea what he said - as you say, an investigation will flush it out though.

Can I just ask where you watch your RL, as I can't ever recall seeing players blowing kisses at each other, let alone many times!

#20 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

Can I just ask where you watch your RL, as I can't ever recall seeing players blowing kisses at each other, let alone many times!

Lancashire.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users