Bad News from companies House

HARRYRUBY

On the companies house web site, companies house, have made an application to strike the club off. It is now in the London first gazette.

From the information on the web page neither the annual return or the accounts have been submitted and are both late, directors can face a substantial fine for not submitting the annual return on time.

What is happening, is our one and only director too busy in other commitments to look after the club properly.?

Just what is the answer.? 

The lack of action in resolving these issues could see the club being struck off without any further warning.

This is not what supporters want to hear. Not good news for Christmas.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A team and a club are about the players, the fans, the volunteers, the town, the history...the game. Rugby League.

I support the players. I don't always agree with some of the other fans and the volunteers, but I support them too. We have a common aim, for the most part, and a common interest and passion.

So....I have, I do and I will support the Team and the the dozens of others (volunteers and fans) who make up the 'the club'.

But I will not support the 'Business' that is ORLFC 1997. The way the business is run is a stain on the name and the reputation of 'Oldham Rugby'.

Although it's suggested that the fact that legal and financial regulations haven't been met is 'not what the fans want to hear'. I and others may disagree. The sooner this 'business' fails, the sooner we can have a new one.

so basically the HMRC have had enough and want to close the buisness?

They don't now they have been paid.

As we rob Peter to pay Paul I have no doubt we will be chased by HMRC again next year.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

It is not the companies action that has been dismissed but the action by HMRC. They are probably fed up of having to take the club to court on a recurring  basis and incurring continual costs in doing so.

Companies House can fine the directors up to £5000 for failing to submit their annual return.

It is because of this and failure to submit accounts that the proposal his in place.

If the club is struck off it cannot continue to trade from that moment.

The directors can appeal and get it reinstated.

But if that happens what will the RFL's action be.

Will they allow a new club to be formed if the previous club has been struck off, just stops trading but owing money.

The problem is the debts and just who is owed money.

Just how much of the debt is owed to the directors.

Until the debts are revealed to potential investors no one is going to take it on.

Re super dude post - Hamilton certainly did work in the bookkeeping / accountancy field - not sure if he was a qualified Chartered Accountant.

Re Harry's post - HMRC's winding up petition would be "dismissed" I assume because either the amount owed had been paid in full or a payment arrangement had been agreed.

As it is highly unlikely that HMRC had issued its petition mistakenly believing it was owed money, the costs of issuing would be included in the final sum paid to it, or were taken into account in the settlement (assuming there was one).

Companies and their directors not filing annual returns on time happens regularly. Companies House either lacks the resources and/or inclination to police this state of affairs with any vigour - bit of a toothless tiger really, or certainly used to be, unless it has had raised its game.

The last sentence of Harry's post sums up the situation regarding potential investors perfectly, as he has done on several occasions in the past.

You could almost have a year planner with these events on them.In life there are few things you can be certain of .Death,taxes and ORLFC winding up orders.

Its all a question of how long Hamilton wants to continue his juggling act.I think most would have thrown in the towel and opted for the quiet life.Despite being sick to death of it he carries on.

Re super dude post - Hamilton certainly did work in the bookkeeping / accountancy field - not sure if he was a qualified Chartered Accountant.

Re Harry's post - HMRC's winding up petition would be "dismissed" I assume because either the amount owed had been paid in full or a payment arrangement had been agreed.

As it is highly unlikely that HMRC had issued its petition mistakenly believing it was owed money, the costs of issuing would be included in the final sum paid to it, or were taken into account in the settlement (assuming there was one).

Companies and their directors not filing annual returns on time happens regularly. Companies House either lacks the resources and/or inclination to police this state of affairs with any vigour - bit of a toothless tiger really, or certainly used to be, unless it has had raised its game.

The last sentence of Harry's post sums up the situation regarding potential investors perfectly, as he has done on several occasions in the past.

I am pretty sure that CH is not a qualified Chartered Accountant possibly as a lesser qualification such as AAT. There are a few qualifications for accountants. As you say John companies house often take their time in taking action and give a lot of leeway to companies. The club has been late filing documents on a number of occasions so perhaps they have now decided enough is enough.

Its a stain on the clubs name to have this constantly happening to it.

Striking off likely to be actually down to late accounts, after checking the dates.

The annual return just takes five minutes to do online and is just confirming

the details of the company, i.e address, directors details, shareholder details. 

Also have to pay a £13 fee for privilege.

Once advertised in the gazette company has three months to file the accounts and/or annual return As for the accounts fine this is already up to £750 now they are over three months late, and will go up again once over 6 months late. 

Archived