BOCM Cup/Council Cup......Hull & District

• 1 month later...

Yes the Tom Beautiman cup final is this weekend 03/01/15 at Haworth park . 2 o'clock kick off, beverley v dockers A 

Boxing Day's BOCM final went to form with Norland getting a 27 - 14 decision over a spirited Reckitts effort which rattled the title favourites at times in a game that entertained throughout.

However, I'm looking forward to Haworth Park for the final which always produces and I wouldn't expect Saturday's game to be any different with, unbeaten thus far Beverley, probably starting as favourites against Dockers who sit mid table in the division which Beverley lead. But I would suspect that Dockers won't be travelling just to make up the numbers.

It should produce a game to kick the New Year off in style and with facilities at Haworth improving all the time it's more than a good option for Saturday.  

You never fail until you stop trying

Beverley were beaten by Myton academy a few weeks ago , Dockers after a shaky start to the season (lost 4 of there first 5 games) have now gone unbeaten in Nov and Dec so this should be a cracking game, Beverley def start as favourites due to there form all season but don't write this Dockers team off, Midge has got them playing some good stuff in the last few weeks . 

Should be a great game 

Beverley were beaten by Myton academy a few weeks ago , Dockers after a shaky start to the season (lost 4 of there first 5 games) have now gone unbeaten in Nov and Dec so this should be a cracking game, Beverley def start as favourites due to there form all season but don't write this Dockers team off, Midge has got them playing some good stuff in the last few weeks . 

Should be a great game 

Stand corrected there Hull Man, many thanks for the info. On that note it's no surprise however to see Myton Academy making big strides now with the Kevin Armitstead influence.

With your update on form it looks an even more appetising final.

Yeah its good to see Armo back down at Myton he did a lot for the club when they were in the Yorkshire league , got a good coach in Darren Hoggard as well, its looking good down there fielding 3 open age teams when a lot of clubs are struggling to field one. 

Yeah its good to see Armo back down at Myton he did a lot for the club when they were in the Yorkshire league , got a good coach in Darren Hoggard as well, its looking good down there fielding 3 open age teams when a lot of clubs are struggling to field one. 

That's right Hull Man, I first became aware of Kev when Myton were in the Yorkshire League, good bloke, good coach but (r@p Elvis impersonator.

I don't know Darren but I'm sure that Armo would be the first to acknowledge his contribution to the club.

yeah you can tell Kev that. I know midge at dockers thinks a lot of kev, he played for him at myton in the yorkshire leagues , looking forward to a good game tomorrow , just hope its not too cold, not as young as i used to be 

yeah you can tell Kev that. I know midge at dockers thinks a lot of kev, he played for him at myton in the yorkshire leagues , looking forward to a good game tomorrow , just hope its not too cold, not as young as i used to be 

Yes let's hope for a decent afternoon weather wise mate, I always wrap up in my fat suit - treble chins 'n all - to combat the cold.

Unfortunately the Final, Beverley verses Dockers was abandoned due to a serious injury to a Beverley player, Dockers were winning 20-4 with less than 60 minutes on the clock so not sure if the game will be given

A crowd of about 800 were treated to an even game with it being 0-0 after 30 mins, unfortunately for Beverley, Dockers scored 3 quick tries either side of half time, Beverley made it 4-20 but the player was injured during the score

Unfortunately the Final, Beverley verses Dockers was abandoned due to a serious injury to a Beverley player, Dockers were winning 20-4 with less than 60 minutes on the clock so not sure if the game will be given

A crowd of about 800 were treated to an even game with it being 0-0 after 30 mins, unfortunately for Beverley, Dockers scored 3 quick tries either side of half time, Beverley made it 4-20 but the player was injured during the score

Yes I agree Defender1 and I thought that the afternoon was shaping up nicely despite Dockers holding the 20 - 0 lead. For me Beverley had began to get it together five minutes or so before their score which would surely have been a 6 pointer and with around 20 minutes left who knows.

However as we saw, sadly the player - Adam Robson - suffered a very nasty break in the process of the Beverley score which led the game to be abandoned. I think that the game has to be replayed, that was the word in the clubhouse. 

thought there was only one team in it,   i could not see beverley getting back into it, dockers showed the form they have had for the last two months and for me are now one of the strongest teams in the league. I also heard a few comments ref first team players, I know that dockers only had 1 kid who played regular first team last year, no 7 james carrick who plays on the wing for the first team but he has been playing a team rugby every week 

hearing a cheeky rumour that there will be no replay for the Tom Beautiman cup and that Beverley have agreed that dockers were the better team on the day and have agreed as it was only two mins til the decision would have stood have agreed dockers were the deserved winners, If true congrats to dockers on the trophy and congrats to Beverley for such great sportsmanship.

Hope Adam is making a speedy recovery.  

• 4 months later...

Council Trophy Final Saturday 2.00 at West Hull

Dockers v Three Tuns

Jack Daddy Final

North Hull A v Bilton

Transport Cup Final

Hull Wyke A v Cottingham

all Saturday 2.00

Council cup final on Wednesday at kc light stream stadium 6:45 ko
North hull knights v norland sharks
Should be a decent game