Andy Kain

The Phantom Horseman

Superb signing for us, to attract a player of that calibre on a two year deal shows we are moving in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing Kain / Brown half back combo.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

Brilliant player, don't know how Fev can let him go

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool

than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

Brilliant player, don't know how Fev can let him go

Feisal was handing out contracts like confetti last year and we are having to tighten our belts. Kainy has been a legend at Fev, probably the best stand off in the Championship over the last five years, but there's no doubt that injuries have taken their toll (seen numerous games where he barely appeared to be able to walk after the match) and he wasn't the consistent attacking threat last season that he has been in previous years (try tally significantly down); with the signing of Paul Sykes, he wasn't guaranteed to be a first-team regular so it would have made sense for him to move on, and for the club to be relieved of a decent contract for a player who wasn't sure to be playing every week.

That said, he's sure to be a good signing for Hunslet, he wasn't by any means poor last season, just not the player he was in his pomp around 2011-12.

Feisal was handing out contracts like confetti last year and we are having to tighten our belts. Kainy has been a legend at Fev, probably the best stand off in the Championship over the last five years, but there's no doubt that injuries have taken their toll (seen numerous games where he barely appeared to be able to walk after the match) and he wasn't the consistent attacking threat last season that he has been in previous years (try tally significantly down); with the signing of Paul Sykes, he wasn't guaranteed to be a first-team regular so it would have made sense for him to move on, and for the club to be relieved of a decent contract for a player who wasn't sure to be playing every week.

That said, he's sure to be a good signing for Hunslet, he wasn't by any means poor last season, just not the player he was in his pomp around 2011-12.

Really?

Really?

it's an opinion oxy boy!

Granted, He didn't have a good year last year and is probably the reason negotiations for his release have prevailed.

But prior to that he has been a constant thorn in the side of opposition.

He has his flaws otherwise he'd have been a SL regular. Hunslet will get used to his interceptions and his kick off return knock on etc.... BUT he's been a stand out pivot for a few years at this level. I can't think of a 6 that consistently outperformed him 2010-13. Blacky got close. Only my opinion like.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Been able to shine this year and struggled behind previous packs. Kainy excelled in 09 when we finished 6th and we're building. Kainy was useful in any given situation til 2013. He towed last year and I'm not surprised he's gone.

09-13 kainy was the better pivot of the two. Only that little bug ger Blacky got close

Been able to shine this year and struggled behind previous packs. Kainy excelled in 09 when we finished 6th and we're building. Kainy was useful in any given situation til 2013. He towed last year and I'm not surprised he's gone.

09-13 kainy was the better pivot of the two. Only that little bug ger Blacky got close

I agree with everything in your post robin. Kainy as been the best along with blacky. If blacky had stayed at fax I think he could of pipped kainy. Like you say i think it was time to part with kainy but he will definately do a job for hunslet i just think he towed a bit last season through age or injuries who knows but sykes was always going to get the 6 shirt when he arrived and rightly so IMO as hes a class act on his day. kainy as been a great servent for us over the years and i hope he as a great season at hunslet too and helps them stay up. same for flanaghan as he had to go too even though i rate him too but with teasdale playing well when he got his chance and irwin coming in his game time would be limited too. Ridyard flourished last season and IMO was Leigh's best player but anyone could of run the show behind Leigh's pack last season be interesting to see how well he goes against the bulls next season.

Ridyard had a great year in 2014 and there's every chance he'll continue to kick on surrounded as he is by plenty of talent nowadays but his body of work over the last 5 years doesn't compare to Kain's in my view, certainly not in terms of scaring the opposition.

aye....

We must remember though Black has produced the goods at this level for nearly 10 years. He will remain a Fax legend at this level gievn his scoring exploits and obviously 'that' drop goal. Just wish he hadn't dropped 'that' ball against Widnes.

His ability to turn a game was second to none for many a year at this level, a hand off that was pure class to go with electryfying pace at the height of his career made him a great player to have on our team. Probably in my top 3 favourite players that i have seen play for Fax in over 30 years.

That little 2@ will always make me twitch..

And there's the rub. Players like that come few n far between. Kainy did that to so many teams.

as I've said...Blacky is the only one to get close.... little sh it he was

• 1 month later...

I think Kyle Briggs was close in 09 and 10. There has not been many stand offs in this division go to a super league club for £ 60000. That said his Northern experience destroyed every atom of confidence in the lad, he's only just showing the green chutes of recovery under Tubby at the dee daas.

Archived